Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What a crock

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats almost as bad as not getting in the class, is making it into the class, and then finding that it is taught by a crazy foreigner who doesn't speak english. The don't even talk, and they can't answer questions becuase they can't understand you, and the don't speak enough english to reply, they just write equations on the board with out saying or explaining anything. I am a semester behind becuase this happend in Calc 2, and most of my engineering classes require this class.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:11 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Enjoy it while you can,.......
Once you graduate, you'll get to deal with long work days, crazy bosses, long commutes, lazy co-workers, short or non-existant lunches, impossible taskings, and you'll get to do all this for 30 or 40 years until you're old enough to retire* ............

*Retirement:
Because you've given so much of yourself to the company
that you don't have anything left we can use.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:52 AM

Love that definition of retirement! They'll use you up and then spit you out and replace you with the latest and greatest upgrade. It is very good to see that you guys and girls are going to school and are intent on becoming productive members of society. There are too many young people today that have just given up and will be a burden on all the rest of us. Hang in there and don't let them break you down. If there's one thing we learn getting through college, it's how to put up with a lot of politics and social c--p that we'll be confronted with when working for the man. You know, this is very theraputic.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I told my boss at my 25 year service anniversary luncheon that I am not an employee, I am not an associate,
I am a consumable resource, kinda like a roll of tape.
Use me up, toss what's left aside, put a new one in my place.
He was not amused.
The rest of the room however was rolling in the aisles

And Wifey can't understand why I'm not management material..........
Old 11-16-2006, 09:50 AM

i just finished up my last class for my master's ......school is most definetly a P.I.T.A.....but the feeling when you're done is indescribable.

Once you graduate, you'll get to deal with long work days, crazy bosses, long commutes, lazy co-workers, short or non-existant lunches, impossible taskings, and you'll get to do all this for 30 or 40 years until you're old enough to retire
well...i guess i got the shaft. i had to work full time through undergrad AND grad school!!

hang in there blue...the finish line is near....
Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Talk to the professors and let them know the second someone drops the class you want the seat. Be patient, persistant, firm, and kiss their butt about getting into their class. They will let you in.

Get after it BB, don't give up.

Illegitimis nil carborundum ...Latin for NEVER let the ****** win.

(Whew! That hurt some brain cells remembering that right there! )
Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Once you graduate, you'll get to deal with long work days, crazy bosses, long commutes, lazy co-workers, short or non-existant lunches, impossible taskings, and you'll get to do all this for 30 or 40 years until you're old enough to retire* ............

*Retirement:
Yea, it should work that way for us all...but I have to deal with all that crap AND go to school. College is too expenxive. It should be worth it when I graduate in who knows how long...
Old 11-17-2006, 09:30 AM

I've been there last year, and this year. I'm only a sophomore and spring of freshman year I had to fight to get into a class that was a sequence of one taken in the fall. The funny part was there were 60 seats in the first class, and only 30 in the 2nd. Apparently they thought that half the students would drop their major.... Hang in there though, spots ALWAYS open up.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Banned

Thankfully I ain't at A&M. Otherwise I'd be really screwed. I'm at Sam Houston State University. I was gonna go and talk to the dean again today but stuff popped up I wasn't expecting, I'm on very little sleep and I've got a very short fuse on my temper right now and the last thing I need to do is yell at the dean and tell him what I think about his system.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 PM

I got my engineering degree about 5 years ago and there's no way I would want to go back to school. Of course, I had to work my way through school and there was nothing "enjoyable" about it.

Big Blue, I don't know what your major is, but for me working 45 to 50 hours a week is not near as bad as dealing with attendance, midterms, finals, labs, etc. in addition to trying to figure out a way to pay for tuition, not to mention books. JMO

Brad

Originally Posted by Shovelhead

*Retirement:
Old 11-17-2006, 07:20 PM

I can relate to all of your problems. I transferred after my freshman year, which put me behind. I do not have a great advisor, which was also a hindrance. Just like yourself, I had a hard time getting into classes when I was in my soph. and jun. years, since online pre-registration opened first for seniors. Also, it seems like every class at this place requires a lab, which has helped to **** up my schedule even more, and labs just plain suck IMO. I will be finishing up 4.5 years in December, and it will take a few more classes in the spring to get out of here. Oh well, I was planning on being a full fiver anyway! Honestly, I don't know how I have stuck with it this long, but hopefully I will find it worth my while.

I hope to hell that the real world will not be as bad as college. Provided college can be fun, it is really not that great, with all sorts of **** to deal with, and if these have been the best years of MY life, I might as well kill myself! Seriously, though, I think that most college grads are ready for the next step, while people who do not get any education beyond HS may have a harder time getting used to the "grown-up" lifestyle.

So, whats your major, BigBlue? Must be something agricultural.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Banned

Nope. No ag major here. Construction science.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:52 PM

I see. Thats getting to be a pretty popular major up here.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Banned

Yup. It's right up my alley.