Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What a crock

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a crock

So I'm finally entering the semester where I can take my major classes. I'm pumped. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel (1 year left). Registration started last monday so I was the first in line but it wasn't my turn. P.h.d's and master's first. So I go on tuesday, seniors only. So I go on wed and it's my turn. Well, since I had to wait three days all of my major's were filled(that's all I have left). I was . So I go and talk to my advisor and he told me to go and talk to the dean of the ag department. So I go and do that and first off the guy was a bit of a mule's behind to me. Real turse and rude. Then he tells me that they added a bunch of classes and that they are open. Well I just go to check and there's only one class out of the 5 I need next semester that's open. How come when I do things by the book I end up getting the shaft? All I wanna do is graduate. I'm tired of being in school. I hate it. And everytime I try to get out I get thrown for another loop. Talk about a pain in the hindquarters. Sorry for the rant but I just had to vent a bit.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Banned

you have a new built tranny tho...you can be happy about that! LOL

j/k sorry to hear it...good luck
Old 11-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned

At this point I just wanna graduate and get out of this place. I'm already a year behind as it is. I'm tired of coming here and worrying about tests and quizzes and homework and attendance grades and finals and mid terms and blah blah blah.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:03 PM

That blows ... Thats one decent thing about being at a school with a new program, I could register three weeks from now and they would all still be open (for my major courses). Go back to the dean and lay it all out to him again. Tell him your plans as far as graduation date, etc... Most of the time they will come around and open up a slot. Sometimes it helps to go talk to the professors themselves and they then talk to the dean... Good luck!!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:08 PM

Hang in there. I used to be an Academic Advisor to Engineering Students.

FWIW, as a 3rd year student there shouldn't be any PHd, Masters or many Seniors taking classes that you would take. I wonder how all those other folks got in ahead of you - did they register online? It sounds like you did everything right, but somebody got the jump on you.

Again, hang in there. And make sure you scrub/validate the next two years of courses to ensure you will have the all proper credits to graduate. I remember that meeting with the counselor - it was enlightening; and I had to make a couple of "adjustments" in classes.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:27 PM

Why things happen is the greatest mystery of all. For some, school flies by, no problem, for others, seems like it will never end. I've come to believe that the greatest learnings happen along the way. We need to grow right where we are at even when it sucks.

No, I am no philosopher, just lived long enough to appreciate each day the good Lord gives me. Can't tell you how many people believed it was their mission to teach me patience, the list is endless. Hang in there.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Typical A&M. You didn't mention that once you finally do get registered your tuition will be record setting. And don't forget to pay up on those Rec Center dues.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:30 PM

hmmm, any school snearby you co9uld take some classes at that might ave a spot open?? Then transfer those credits back next semester?
Old 11-15-2006, 03:17 PM

well same at my school, I can't even make a full schedule because all the classes are full, I mean seriously for the whole school, only around 3 pre-cal classes they are offering and I have to take that to open up all the science classes I need to take for pre-med. I hear ya on the mood I'm there myself.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:19 PM

You could always come stay a semester with me and transfer your credits back!! I guarantee my school still has openings!!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:43 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I started taking classes in my major as a freshman.

The way we were structured, any class is only offered every two year and if you tried to take all your major classes in two years, you were carrying 18 to 21 hrs
Old 11-15-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I started taking classes in my major as a freshman.

The way we were structured, any class is only offered every two year and if you tried to take all your major classes in two years, you were carrying 18 to 21 hrs
Thats the way ours is as well. However I switched into this major so I'm having to jump through hoops of my own to get my classes when I want them
Old 11-15-2006, 07:58 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I know a couple people that changed majors when they found out what kind of work load they were facing because they didn't get started in the begining... On an average year, we only had 6 to 8 physics majors at a time.
On a positive note tho, I think a true physics major is a better program than most mechanical engineering majors because it covers so much more of what mechanicals do in the real world.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:01 PM

I know how you feel Blue, I'm a semester behind myself due to some difficulties in some classes. I actually just changed my major a few weeks ago from business management to economics because even with getting all "A's" this semester, I wouldnt meet requirements for getting into the school of business. Anyhow, back on track now, and hopefully will graduate on time, if my new advisor doesnt screw anything up.

Also, I am soooo ready to get out of school, I enjoy working, and enjoy some classes, but they do not go well together. Some mornings I wake up and dread going to class. But, I've only got 1.5 years left, so thats not too bad.

Good luck BigBlue
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 PM

What works a lot of times is to sit in on the classes you want and hope some students don't show up. Talk the instructor into letting you register for the empty spot. And don't think life is going to be much better in the real world. You just inherit a whole new set of problems!

Quick Reply: What a crock