Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

West Coast Water Cooler/ Breakroom for the DTR young

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slevhansen
Heey Shorts, I didnīt think that anybody played soccer in america, itīs kinda big thing here, I guess itīs pretty much the other way around "overthere".
Football never got really big here, Morten Andersen i think made a bit of a carreer, and he was from Denmark, but itīs not really big here... yet anyway.
Sorry to hear about your new socks, glue comes to mind, itīll hurt later, worry about it later.
Oh, btw, yes, youīre right, those artificial grassthings can make some REALLY good burns, been there, done that.

Slev

Slev, well, in keeping with the tune, it wasn't my first choice Never played soccer in my life until now. I'm a basketball player since I can remember but who can't play anymore because of my arm. I figured soccer was like basketball except with legs.

I'm getting invested in the game now. We're five games into the season (halfway). I wish I had a coach during the week to practice with. I want my offensive skills to develop. I think I can play pretty well if I got my skills under control. I'm pretty athletic, coordinated, pretty quick, solid defense...like I said, played basketball (point guard & was very good at it). Now I want to get good at soccer.

Americans invented games where they needed arms to play. It was very short sighted. How can you play a recreational sport and hold your beer at the same time? I imagine the inventors of soccer were sitting around a picnic table, enjoying a wooden mug of beer. One got up to kick a rock, holding his beer of course. Then another guy got up with his beer and tried to kick the rock from the first guy. Bam! Soccer was invented.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts

I bought new socks too. These have stripes.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:32 PM

Slev, well, in keeping with the tune, it wasn't my first choice Never played soccer in my life until now. I'm a basketball player since I can remember but who can't play anymore because of my arm. I figured soccer was like basketball except with legs.

I'm getting invested in the game now. We're five games into the season (halfway). I wish I had a coach during the week to practice with. I want my offensive skills to develop. I think I can play pretty well if I got my skills under control. I'm pretty athletic, coordinated, pretty quick, solid defense...like I said, played basketball (point guard & was very good at it). Now I want to get good at soccer.

Americans invented games where they needed arms to play. It was very short sighted. How can you play a recreational sport and hold your beer at the same time? I imagine the inventors of soccer were sitting around a picnic table, enjoying a wooden mug of beer. One got up to kick a rock, holding his beer of course. Then another guy got up with his beer and tried to kick the rock from the first guy. Bam! Soccer was invented.
Don't you think you're offensive enough now?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Polaraco
Don't you think you're offensive enough now?
Ya, I'm a jerk
Old 10-04-2011, 02:03 PM

That might be very close to how soccer was invented, with the beer and picnictable, hmmm, I could easily imagine that around here.

But then, who and how about that football???

How did anyone look at that, and then go "I`VE INVENTED A BALL", .

...like I said, played basketball (point guard & was very good at it). Now I want to get good at soccer.

Iīm from Denmark, I have no idea what a "point guard" is, but since itīs basketball ( I know, with the 2 way too small things way too high for my little fat arms), I guess youīre tall.

Slev
Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Slev, Nice to see you posting in here all the way from Denmark. My Grandfather left Denmark by stowing away on a boat when he was 14 yrs old to come to America.

He landed here with a little over a dollar in his pocket but ended up with a pretty nice farm before he passed away. His last name was Pedersen...don't suppose there are very many Pedersen's in Denmark eh?

I guess that would make me part Great Dane eh?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Ya, I'm a jerk
Set yer self up for that one
Old 10-04-2011, 03:17 PM

Lary, Just checked the statistics, 170061 people in Denmark, with last name Pedersen, 4th most common last name here.
Many good stories about people going to "the land of opportunities", itīs always good to hear about someone who dared, and succeeded.

Part Great Dane?? Yep

Slev
Old 10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Just thought I'd wonder into this "breakroom place".. You guys are a bunch of goofballs.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Polaraco
Set yer self up for that one
I guess I did. Where I was going with that but didn't type out, Americans like their beer. And it was shortsighted of them to invent sports where they couldn't drink their beer wile they played.

Slev, point guard is the main ball handler (often referred to as "#1 position"), usually the shortest on the court.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by slevhansen
Lary, Just checked the statistics, 170061 people in Denmark, with last name Pedersen, 4th most common last name here.
Many good stories about people going to "the land of opportunities", itīs always good to hear about someone who dared, and succeeded.

Part Great Dane?? Yep

Slev
Yep I figured I had a few Cousins over there, I plan on getting over there one day, never Quite made it to Denmark...It would be nice to see where my Grandfather came from.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM

Hahaha, that just proves me right, I didnīt know what a point guard was
I am better at soccer..... I hope....

Slev
Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

I guess that would make me part Great Dane eh?

I thought you were saying you were tall.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
HMMM???? West coast coffee house????? That sounds strangly like the "far left" coffee house. .............Wonder where the normal one is??? Don't know whether I can post here or not - - I want the other coffee house. Oh well, can't see it so I will post here.

Been off the grid while in Albuquerque watching the balloons go off and crewing on a balloon. That is such a hoot. I will post some pics of Monday, sitting at our RV site on the grounds along with 2200 other RVers, sitting in my lawn chair and having some 550 balloons come right over our heads - - I mean really close. In fact, about 10 of them landed in the park. Tried to get it along one of the roads and dropped it in. One RV got hit pretty good when one of them lost its burner. I will need some decent wifi to load a couple shots. It is a definite "gotta do that someday" thing. Highly recommend it.

OK, this wifi is very quirky, so just saying hi and bye before it kicks me off. Wandering back east by Friday. In Santa Fe for a couple days - - interesting town and surrounding areas.

Have a gudurn,

Bob
Old 10-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

I thought you were saying you were tall.
I am! 5"14"...that's tall ain't it?

Quick Reply: West Coast Water Cooler/ Breakroom for the DTR young