Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thanksgiving and comraderie Break Room, November 24 - 30

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Fresh coffee and I made a ball out of the cold oatmeal it's fun to play with. Snowing here with Ice underneath makes sliding funn.
Got to start getting ready for the big meal tommoro strech the arms elbows and fingures out. Put another notch in belt and get chair in a comfortable position.

Have a good one everyone
Old 11-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin.

Scott, weird dream... I had a weird dream last night too. I dreamed I tried to move the full length mirror in our room, then I tried to pee out the window.

Turns out- not a dream. Too much Jamison...
Old 11-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Morning folks.....down sick with a cold or something been running a fever for two days. Got the Turkey Enchiladas ready to go and hoping I will feel good enough to eat one tomorrow.

Wishing you all a safe Thanksgiving and have a slice of pie for me
Old 11-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Sorry you don't feel good, buddy.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry you feel bad Top. But less keep it on that side of the county
Old 11-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
This is my morning post - - been going like a banshee since 5:30 this morning - - just sat down to check email and see what is happening with this bunch on here.

Stan and Madhat - - good to see your names pop up around here - - miss ya.

Originally Posted by madhat
Scott, weird dream... I had a weird dream last night too. I dreamed I tried to move the full length mirror in our room, then I tried to pee out the window.Turns out- not a dream. Too much Jamison...
I see all is normal with you, man. Can't figure if that is good or bad..............

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Morning folks.....down sick with a cold or something been running a fever for two days. Got the Turkey Enchiladas ready to go and hoping I will feel good enough to eat one tomorrow.

Wishing you all a safe Thanksgiving and have a slice of pie for me
Hey, that is no fun this time of the year. Get better quick. Ummmm, turkey leg - - ummmmm.

Just got in from the last of the food shopping for the blonde. My first time into our grocery store since they did a ground up rebuild. Mercy, turned that thing completely around from the original - - couldn't find nuttin. Oh well, she will have to get along with what I brought her.

Ph00...............................................................

Bob
Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 PM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
I hate have those "pee" dreams. 1st they're always weird, like the toilet is MIA or occupied or out in the open in public and your in your underwear. 2nd you gotta get up and take care of business or wake up in a water bead.
Almost lost my truck last night. Ice and gravity can really work against you, not to mention other people about to repeat your mistake while your still trying to claw your way out of yours. Me thinks me beater be road worthy now. So I'll park my truck for the winter and Jeep it instead.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:25 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Morn'n. On my way to the dentist. Just stopped to check to see what denizens may be lurking in the breakroom and sniff the coffee. Nah, nothing turned my crank. Was reading in a local newspaper about a local farmer, so dug around on the internet and found a similar story. You can check the link yourself. Anyway, left some of his delicacies for you to munch and crunch on.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-c...#axzz2ltQNeqRP

Maybe a few of you may wish to start a new farming venture? It does not require much land.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:30 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stan, Top, Coug, Bark, Mad, et al
scott starts this talk of weird dreams any time mark is around, any one else notice that?

posted before, site ate it. have a safe happy big meal with parades and football.....
Old 11-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Great to see you Stan
Old 11-27-2013, 07:58 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Watchit Nanook! I got a picture of me that'll burn your retina's!
Crud. Just thinking about that gives me the *******.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Maybe a few of you may wish to start a new farming venture? It does not require much land.
Think I will stick to raising shrews.
I ate a cockroach on a dare from some Army SF guys who were training at the old meddac at Ft Polk.
Got to heat it up on my zippo first. Alcohol may have been involved. Who knows, it might have been Lary who goaded me into it.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Mark! thought you'd go blind before the tendons gave out do dit do
I still think Heidi's comment was the best one this week. Made me laugh again.
Kind of fun to pick on a nice guy who could probably kill me using one arm.

I am soooooo hungry. Wife is cooking pumpkin pies to take to the home tomorrow and it smells really good.
She has threatened me with severe bodily harm if I touch them.
`
Old 11-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Was reading in a local newspaper about a local farmer, so dug around on the internet and found a similar story. You can check the link yourself. Anyway, left some of his delicacies for you to munch and crunch on.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-c...#axzz2ltQNeqRP

We have many cockroach farms in Florida. In fact, just about every house can be a farm. LOL Trouble is, as stated, they fly. You will suddenly see one crawling a wall in house you know is clear - - it probably was on your back when you walked in the house last night. YUK.

Hey - - morning all. Put the coffee, ph00 and hot water on. Left some home baked fancy dancy muffins the blonde made last night on the counter. Probably not a lot of people coming in for refreshments or gabbing today, so I am off and running.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - - WE ARE SO FORTUNATE TO BE IN AMERICA.

Bob
Old 11-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Busy day so just a quick in and out for now. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Don't forget to tell your family and friends how much you love them - they are important. Oh yeah, TOB&F too.

Play safe, drink a little too much and eat a lot too much (just don't drive after that)
Old 11-28-2013, 09:06 AM
DTR Mom

beautiful to have snow and sun! hey sean! just had some breakfast sausage, thought of you guys!!! and your snow drift....eek.

giving up on rescuing the pond fountain, iced in. took my plastic tug boat on the inch thick ice playing Coast Guard cutter, breaking ice toward the sideways operating fountain. thick ice does not equal steel hull. back before I became the titanic.....

Stan, be safe, no cockroach stowaways......

Bark, we would get along JUST fine, lol!

I am off to the animal shelter...
Old 11-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Crud. Just thinking about that gives me the *******.
GOOD! I really don't wanna have to post any more of your pictures than necessary.
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Probably not a lot of people coming in for refreshments or gabbing today...
What makes today different from any other day? It's been excruciatingly slow in here for 2 years.

Well, here we are. Another Thanksgiving, another year almost gone. 365 unappreciated pots of coffee and 365 un-needed pots of ph00.

Today is Thursday, November 28th.

1520 - Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan reached the Pacific Ocean after passing through the South American strait. The strait was named after him. He was the first European to sail the Pacific from the east.

1925 - The Grand Ole Opry made its radio debut on station WSM.

1934 - The U.S. bank robber George "Baby Face" Nelson was killed by FBI agents near Barrington, IL.

1942 - 491 people died in a fire that destroyed the Coconut Grove in Boston.

1943 - U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Soviet Leader Joseph Stalin met in Tehran to map out strategy concerning World War II.

1963 - U.S. President Johnson announced that Cape Canaveral would be renamed Cape Kennedy in honor of his assassinated predecessor. The name was changed back to Cape Canaveral in 1973 by a vote of residents.

1983 - The space shuttle Columbia took off with the STS-9 Spacelab in its cargo bay.

1994 - Jeffrey Dahmer, a convicted serial killer, was clubbed to death in a Wisconsin prison by a fellow inmate.

1995 - U.S. President Clinton signed a $6 billion road bill that ended the federal 55 mph speed limit.

2010 - WikiLeaks released to the public more than 250,000 U.S. diplomatic cables. About 100,000 were marked "secret" or "confidential."

Have a happy day.

Quick Reply: Thanksgiving and comraderie Break Room, November 24 - 30