Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Thanksgiving and comraderie Break Room, November 24 - 30 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/thanksgiving-comraderie-break-room-november-24-30-a-315447/)

FiverBob 11-24-2013 05:29 AM

Thanksgiving and comraderie Break Room, November 24 - 30

Gather round mateys and share experiences, have some great ph00, and some coffee, or some tea, and munch on a sprinkle with turkey feathers on them. Life is good, so share the news. Enjoy one another and give thanks for all God has given - - you are looking at green grass, from the top - - well, maybe white ground for some - - sorry about that.

OK - - - come and get it......................[coffee].................[laugh]

Bob

chaikwa 11-24-2013 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd (Post 3213153)
And your 400 hours at, say, $20 an hour, would be another $8,000. Still came out way ahead.

I get $60. Still ahead!

Originally Posted by Bark (Post 3213157)
Howdy people (you too Scot),

That is absolutely outstanding. Job well done. I would never in my wildest dreams try to make some thing that complicated. Its even pretty!:bow:

I was trying to model it after you Bark; can really only do one thing but it's pretty.
Thanks for the kind words!

It is Sunday, November 24th.

1859 - Charles Darwin, a British naturalist, published "On the Origin of Species." It was the paper in which he explained his theory of evolution through the process of natural selection.

1863 - During the Civil War, the battle for Lookout Mountain began in Tennessee.

1871 - The National Rifle Association was incorporated in the U.S.

1874 - Joseph F. Glidden was granted a patent for a barbed fencing material.

1903 - Clyde J. Coleman received the patent for an electric self-starter for an automobile.

1940 - Nazis closed off the Jewish ghetto in Warsaw, Poland. Over the next three years the population dropped from 350,000 to 70,000 due to starvation, disease and deportations to concentration camps.

1944 - During World War II, the first raid against the Japanese capital of Tokyo was made by land-based U.S. bombers.

1947 - The "Hollywood 10," were cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to answer questions about alleged Communist influence in their industry.

1963 - Dallas nightclub owner Jack Ruby shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald live on national television.

1969 - Apollo 12 landed safely in the Pacific Ocean bringing an end to the second manned mission to the moon.

1971 - Hijacker Dan Cooper, known as D.B. Cooper, parachuted from a Northwest Airlines 727 over Washington state with $200,000 in ransom.

1987 - The U.S. and the Soviet Union agreed to scrap short- and medium-range missiles. It was the first superpower treaty to eliminate an entire class of nuclear weapons.

1993 - The U.S. Congress gave its final approval to the Brady handgun control bill.

1993 - Robert Thompson and Jon Venables (both 11 years old) were convicted of murdering 2-year-old James Bulger of Liverpool, England. They were both sentenced to "indefinite detention."

Today's thought:
Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles.

Thanks for the c0ffee B0b!

Scotty 11-24-2013 07:53 AM

Why would anything you build be anything but beautiful with your good looks and eye for quality?

I didn't even exaggerate or use a hyperbole. That's just how it is when Scott sets his mind to something.

I made a mess on the floor with my muddy feet. Needed to soften the janitor a bit with some kind words. Not.

[coffee]

Have a great week of giving Thanks folks.

:D

sherod 11-24-2013 08:08 AM

Scott, just watched your video. I got to say, one impressive machine! Good job!!

twichit 11-24-2013 09:11 AM

scotty from what youv been saying we could probly swap horror stories from road trips ,well ripping apart my starter to see why it wont work ...shop has no heat but the wood stove in the living is cooking ,good thing the wife is at work

cougar 11-24-2013 09:35 AM

Can I give this year back?

Justwannabeme 11-24-2013 12:09 PM

absolutely, just sign the lil ol contract right here.......i'll see ya at the end of your new good life......bwha hahahhhaaaa never mind those pesky horns

yeah cougar, you sure sound like a reset button should be added.
railroader as well....can't even chime in for T rad as he is sneaking , not posting or just not here.

eight point last night must have spurred the neighbor. it is windy and 15 degrees out, neighbor had bambi movie -doe and two young ones. he shot the doe anyways......so a bit of TWO deer coming into my freezer.

going to check out a jd 440a log skidder.......I must be crazy.[coffee]

Fronty Owner 11-24-2013 12:32 PM

morning all...

slevhansen 11-24-2013 02:41 PM

Tallguy, first of all, I changed the rice to potatoes, cut those in slices about a 1/2 inch thick, and then boil them for a couple of minutes before I put just a little plantoil on them and bake them in the oven with just a little salt.
I REALLY donīt like rice [laugh]
Since I Donīt have a Deep fryer, I just put some rapseed oil in a pot and put the meat inthere, that turned out way better than I hoped.
Then I skipped the garlic, Iīm the only one in the house that likes it, so Iīm down 3 to 1 on votes.
I also skipped the jalapeno, next time Iīll get that and let the ginger go instead, thatīs probably it.

All in all it tasted really good, but I think I got the ginger wrong, it really did taste alot like ginger.

Chaikwa, that thing looks good, and it sounds even better :thumbsup:

Slev

old dog 11-24-2013 06:27 PM

Scott' thought you might be interested in this, my Soninlaw has a new position on their fire dep. ( BATALLION-CHIEF TRANING OFFICER ) UPGRADE FROM CAPTIN !

MARK , are you trying to become the Million dollar man ? Dang it Man be careful !
when you get older you will be saying , if i knew that i was going to live this long , I would have taken better care of my body ! [duhhh]

Claude [coffee]

Bark 11-24-2013 06:44 PM

Howdy Bob, Scot, Scotty, sherod, twich, cougar, Heidi, Fronty, Slev, Claude (long time no see) and any people who didn't bother to post-shame on you.
I am having a great day and haven't done anything stupid yet (because I am still in my PJ's).
Tempura party tonight. Somebody is even bringing alligator. Anything is good deep fried.

railroaderone 11-24-2013 07:40 PM

Nice job on the wood processor wished my work was that neat It is officially winter here 15 this morning high of 25 ice and snow called for this week. Got to love it I'm Gona pull out the snow plow and see what happens.

Totallyrad 11-24-2013 08:12 PM

Evening folks!

Claude, tell the SIL congrats on the promotion.

Scott, how are the pressure tweaks coming along?

Fronty Owner 11-24-2013 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
evening all...

Justwannabeme 11-24-2013 08:50 PM

isn't that baiting an IT guy, Fronty? shame- you engineers!

liquids next to a keyboard.....

thought it was gonna be a bad weather pic, oaklahoma was on the news...

have a GREAT time off chaikwa, you earned it. remember, change the long underwear to winter weight.....burning the summer wear might require a permit from DEA.....[coffee]