Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Thanksgiving and comraderie Break Room, November 24 - 30 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/thanksgiving-comraderie-break-room-november-24-30-a-315447/)

Fronty Owner 11-24-2013 08:54 PM

We have the most relaxed IT guys ever.
Mostly because a form that I was required to sign upon getting my laptop stating that I was responsible for damages for the next 3 years.
I also had to buy my work cell phone (they pay the bill tho).
The only thing they provided is dual 24" monitors and a docking station. everything else I either plunder or bought.

NE frmhnd 11-24-2013 11:22 PM

Think something is triggering an allergy. Been blowing my nose all flippin day. Went to Wally's-mart and got some cough drops and some dayquil, niquil, and some fake pseudophedrine, see if that lets me sleep tonight.

Got some wood cut and gethered today. Knocked down a sizable hackberry out on the road bank to cut for next winter. Have several more to knock down so I can see north out my driveway. And an elm and an ash, all good sized trees. One hackberry I knocked down last fall was about 7/8 cured, if I had turned it over mid-summer with the tractor when it was here it would be fully seasoned. But with the cottonwood I was able to split today it won't creosote the stovepipe up too bad. The elm limb I cut off the one tree and cut up a couple months ago, the smaller stuff is ready to burn. The bigger pieces I will have to split and let sit out a while longer. Gotta get the glass for the truck ordered, hopefully they can get it in and get it installed Wednesday.

chaikwa 11-25-2013 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by old dog (Post 3213231)
Scott' thought you might be interested in this, my Soninlaw has a new position on their fire dep. ( BATALLION-CHIEF TRANING OFFICER ) UPGRADE FROM CAPTIN !

Tell him congrats for me!

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 3213246)
Scott, how are the pressure tweaks coming along?

All tweaked! Seems to be working fine now. Going to try to process a bunch today, so we'll see.

Originally Posted by railroaderone (Post 3213237)
Nice job on the wood processor wished my work was that neat

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme (Post 3213259)
have a GREAT time off chaikwa, you earned it.

I'm taking time off? YAY! Where am I going?

It is Monday, November 25th.

1758 - During the French and Indian War, the British captured Fort Duquesne at what is now known as Pittsburgh.

1783 - During the Revolutionary War, the British evacuated New York. New York was their last military position in the U.S.

1850 - Texas relinquished one-third of its territory in exchange for $10 million from the U.S. to pay its public debts and settle border disputes.

1867 - Alfred Nobel patented dynamite.

1884 - J.B. Meyenberg received the patent for evaporated milk.

1947 - Movie studio executives meeting in New York agreed to blacklist the "Hollywood 10," who were cited a day earlier and jailed for contempt of Congress when they failed to cooperate with the House Un-American Activities Committee.
1955 - In the U.S., the Interstate Commerce Commission banned racial segregation on interstate trains and buses.

1957 - U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower suffered a stroke.

1970 - Japanese author Yukio Mishima committed ritual suicide after giving a speech attacking Japan's post-war constitution.

1986 - U.S. President Reagan and Attorney Gen. Edwin Meese revealed that profits from secret arms sales to Iran had been diverted to rebels in Nicaragua. National Security Advisor John Poindexter resigned and Oliver North was fired.

1998 - President Jiang Zemin arrived in Tokyo for the first visit to Japan by a Chinese head of state since World War II.

Today's thought:
'Black Friday' is a scam. If you had half a brain, you'd be mad they're over-charging you the other 364 days of the year!

C0ffee, tea & ph00 are ready.

cougar 11-25-2013 09:55 AM

Mornin all. Sluggish morning, every ones get up and go slept in. Going to head into town and work on my Jeep.

Justwannabeme 11-25-2013 11:09 AM

GOOD MID DAY!!!!!!

T rad, in and out like and cheap hook........er sorry, Hi T raddy! hope your life is going wonderful!!!

Sheesh Nebraska scott, you are busier than me!! sounds like things are getting fixed just before the brutal weather hits. cutting that time line close!

28, sunny and no wind- a beautiful day!!!! headed into town to do errands and get concrete tubes for deck posts and hangers. deck I picked up is actual width and height I needed, like I custom built it. wow, pretty good for craigslist... still have to drive up and check out jd 440a skidder.....[coffee]
put bike back together.....run 46 willys......weld floor in 62 willys jeep...and then I am done.[laugh]

neighbor dropped off 50 pounds of venison, will get more venison from the buck the other guy took down. Sean and wifey needs to come East!!!!

thinking of Bob and Family, and others going through things that are difficult,
hugs and strength sent out this Holiday week!

gave some venison to my tenant, he told me he is unable to get any return on the fraud. please watch over the elders so they are not victims of scams.

FiverBob 11-25-2013 12:28 PM

Howdy gang, finally slowed down long enough to turn this peuter on. Doctor early (don't think he has a clue on what is happening with my gut), helped neighbor next door - - she is alone now and moving, helped blind neighbor across the street - - - had lunch - - now I can goof off for a bit.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme (Post 3213326)
28, sunny and no wind- a beautiful day!!!! headed into town to do errands and get concrete tubes for deck posts and hangers. deck I picked up is actual width and height I needed, like I custom built it. wow, pretty good for craigslist... still have to drive up and check out jd 440a skidder.....[coffee]
put bike back together.....run 46 willys......weld floor in 62 willys jeep...and then I am done.[laugh]

neighbor dropped off 50 pounds of venison, will get more venison from the buck the other guy took down.

thinking of Bob and Family, and others going through things that are difficult,
hugs and strength sent out this Holiday week!

Heidi - - appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Marian hustling fixing Tday dinner for 18, prepping her stuff for the trip to Seattle for 4 weeks to take care of the little ones. It is sunny and breezy here today, warm - - just heard the sand hill cranes squawking out the window - - looking out the window in my office at them. It is so purdy - - gardenias, Ixora, Mexican poppies, bougainvillea all blooming with white, reds, pinks, purples, yellow, plus the blue bells are going crazy. Looked the other way out the glass doors to the lanai and there are orchids blooming out there. And, hey - - I am out of venison - - I could use some. Swap ya for some gator tail. LOL Oh, yeh, you like to weld - - have a project you could help me on - - I can weld a bit, but not all that good. Rusted out channel frame on my old Porsche - - it is sitting in garage 2/3rds restored when I found the frame was gone. They only want $9000 to replace it. HUH???? Gotta get it done and son-in-law thinks maybe he can do it. Three sections, one inside the other - - very odd.

Claude, sounds like SIL is doing well for herself - - congrats. She can teach how to use that dum speeal korecshun thingeee onn da puter.

OK, gotta run - - goofed off long enough. First, very important thing.........................[coffee]................PHOO..................[laugh]...............thanks Scott.

Bob

railroaderone 11-25-2013 12:40 PM

Putting up siding today it's only 25 and fingures hurt real bad when they get hit by hammer. Time to go pick up kids from school everyone have a good one

Lary Ellis (Top) 11-25-2013 04:17 PM

Hey Clint, you working on that house at the end of the bridge over the tracks on 52?

Fronty Owner 11-25-2013 05:37 PM

evening all.

Lary Ellis (Top) 11-25-2013 06:04 PM

Hi Fronty....you getting any rest?

madhat 11-25-2013 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Evenin. Good to see some regulars in here :)

Scott, that thing looks pretty good. Wish I had one for my smoker!

Hope all are well... it's getting colder, we had snow a couple of days ago. A dusting, not enough to stick. Pretty wild for where I'm at!

Had a little work done on the arm, don't know if that is what Claude was referring to. It's a little sore, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Attachment 53222
Just an old tendon injury I finally got fixed. I felt good enough to go outside today, that was a mistake ;)

Fronty Owner 11-25-2013 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top) (Post 3213382)
Hi Fronty....you getting any rest?

nope, not dead yet...

railroaderone 11-25-2013 06:50 PM

No Top I'm working on the Pearl St I bought the house next door to mine to keep the riff raft out of the neighborhood.

Mad Hat that just looks painful here's to a speedy recovery.

madhat 11-25-2013 06:54 PM

Thanks, dude. I'm doing pretty good, I'm surprised at how well I've been doing. No pullups yet, but I feel pretty good.

Bark 11-25-2013 08:01 PM

Evening peeples!

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 3213383)
It's a little sore, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Aaaaggg. That looks way worse than your LEGG did.

Burp! Still trying to recover from the tempura party last night. Moose, pork, chicken, shrimp, alligator, scallop and several vegetables. My favorite is broccoli but deep fried anything tastes good.

I should probably take an extra cholesterol pill.