Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thanksgiving and comraderie Break Room, November 24 - 30

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 10:50 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Now who's got the venison on the 'cue??? I'm gettin' awful hungry now!!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Mad Hat only a marine would want to do pull ups with an arm that looks like that. Maybe that's why the other branches know your crazy.

Hope it heals up fast.
In the rain no less...

Originally Posted by soulezoo
There's a lot of truth to that. I'll go so far as to say it is the last vestage of what I would call real "military discipline".

Over the years I've been on the planes (c-141, kc-10) that have transported a lot of troops and have watched the slow transition of what I'll call the new breed of Army where it's a lot more PC, warm and fuzzy. The troops get away with a lot more. I see a lot of poor weapon discipline (carrying them around) not paying attention to where the muzzle is pointed. I shook my head once while we were loading some Humvees up. A couple of Army E-3's were goofing off. The sarge came over and chewed them a new one. Then the butter bar came over and got on sarge telling him he was too hard on them. Of course I just picked on the Army but Air Force is worse... Navy about the same from my vantage point.

I've never had that experience with Marines...
It's there a little, but most SNCOs will shut that crap down in a hurry.

Heal Up fast Madhat, I've got a bunch of pushups/pullups to knock out and I'd feel a lot better knowing you took care of those for me...
Just let me know how many, 1stSgt!

Just had a salad... I'm planning a butt this weekend, tho...
Old 11-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Mornin. Another day chained to the couch with ice on the elbow. Still thankful, it could be much worse.
Man, that hurts. Shoulders hurt, too. Hate surgery on joints. Heal quick man.

SHHEEESSSHHHH. I wish you guys would shut up about venison. I am out, however grandson is out even as we speak in the woods by Ocala after some. If he is successful, we will eat again. YEH. ............

Rain tonight, cool tomorrow and COLD tomorrow night - - orchids get to come in for the night. GGGRRRR. Nice on Tday and on. YEH.

.................................PH00.....................
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Man, that hurts. Shoulders hurt, too. Hate surgery on joints. Heal quick man.
Thanks, Bob. Shoulders are next...
Old 11-26-2013, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, yellow snow....could be whisky....
And why can´t Madhat do pullups? it´s only one arm he got fixed
Just got THE phonecall today, I´m wanted back at work tomorrow morning, I said "that ain´t gonna work, I´m in the middle of something here".
But he still insisted that he wanted my SMILING face there at 6:45...I said "I´ll see if I can find it", and just as I was getting a move on things around here

Anyway, at least I got free coffee at work, look at the bright side huh.
Speaking of bright side, I heard today that the Monty Python are getting back together, they sold 20.000 tickets to their reunionshow in 43 seconds

Gone to find that smiling face...yeah, that´s where I´m at.

Slev
Old 11-26-2013, 01:30 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Never got rid of the ugly either.
Hey!

Originally Posted by FiverBob
and get ready for Tday.
Figured people in your area spent Tday bobbing for oranges in the pool.

Originally Posted by cougar
Our new and improved medical benefits policy just came out.
Don't get me started. My self employed sister lost hers even though she was grandfathered in. Think I will go to the political forum so I can scream for awhile.

Over the years I've been on the planes
When I was a teenager I got to fly spaceA a lot (Dad was an LC with the 5041st). My favorite was the C-124. It was slow but was huge. It was like flying in a gym.

Don't know how exactly but we got roped into assisting with Tday meal at a home in Soldotna. Oh well. Worst that could happen is I get my toes crushed by a power chair (again).
`
Old 11-26-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That crap didn't fly in my old unit the jr NCOs chewed on anything less than a Cpt and those when needed.

I had a mechanic leave his weapon on a plane one time and the plane turned around a thru it out we chained it to him till the aunal training was over. Of course it was a Cav unit in 2006
Old 11-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I found a FN-249 hanging on the mount of a Humvee one time at Bragg and I removed it, stowed it in my vehicle and about a mile later found two 82 Airborne Troopers walking back because they were out of gas.

Long story short they got a royal chewing out when they could have gotten time at Leavenworth for leaving a machine gun unprotected...good thing I was in a good mood that day
Old 11-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Man... I would have kept it...

There are some missing rifles on Ft Jackson... I can't believe that crap.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:03 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Right before I got to Ft Leonard Wood in the woods close to Waynesville they found the body of a recruit who had disappeared from basic.
They thought he had gone AWOL but discovered he had been shot and his rifle was missing. I don't think they ever solved it.

Originally Posted by slevhansen
I heard today that the Monty Python are getting back together,
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you sad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

Guess what movie I recently saw for the first time.

I just ate a whole package of black licorice and don't regret it (yet).
Old 11-26-2013, 10:45 PM
DTR Mom

good to see ya on the heal instead of hurt, mark! thought you'd go blind before the tendons gave out do dit do

picked up fresh 23 pound turkey and drove 200 miles roundtrip in crappy weather, made someone happy. worth it. complex weather here, no clue where t day will find me.

chaikwa, yup, wimp. something about paying NY taxes, can't sleep in the skidder. would have been the answer to making it soooo much easier to do all the work here, oh well.

NEfarmoverworked, fencing on flat land! wow, no wonder it's three miles in a day. You doing three barbed or five high tensile? here, it is more like three acres a day....slower during bear season. higher stress though.....lol

deciding if I plow now or in the morning......
Old 11-26-2013, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
good mark! thought you'd go blind before the tendons gave out do dit do
Bwaaaaaaaa!!!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:38 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
G'day, good morning,afternoon,evening. Take your pick. Seems like where I am is always different to where everyody else is. It's been a coons age since I was here last, but on a quick read of the shennigans that continues here, see nothing has changed. Not even the subjects that y'all "talk" about. Of course the chats here are at such a high level of intelligence that I am having difficulty keeping up and comprehending. Will need to come here more often to improve/degrade my education.

Scott, read about your great new machine, so found the video of it. That is very nice work. My compliments to you. Is it shrew proof?

This is just a quick flyby to grap a cup of of of something (just what is this black stuff anyway?) and let you know that I am finally going home. Had enough of China and fly out of here permanently on Dec 20. Thought I was coming here for about a year and by the time I leave in December it will be 2 years and 4 months. The company would like me to stay here much longer, but I have had it and decided that I want to go back to retirement and restart my life. Going to unhibernate (is that a good word?) my truck and once again terrorize the locals. Will stop overnight in Toronto and next day fly via Dallas to Mexico. After Christmas may drop by here more often. What's with these annoying ads that are popping up all over? I refuse to even read them.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
see nothing has changed. Not even the subjects that y'all "talk" about.
Hey! The Sheep were just a phase we were going through! Well, most of us.
We will be glad to have you back on this continent.
The ads that some people are seeing are baffling.
Its weird because I still have not been getting any ads popping up unless I don't log on. I am only running W7, IE11 using just the Windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials.
I don't see anything disturbing except for occasional pictures of Scot but its ok since Jake likes him.
Hope your trip back is uneventful and the weather is good when you arrive.
Only reason I am awake is that something tripped the camera and alarm on the driveway camera. Judging by the snow prints its either a Moose or a Giant Shrew.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Right before I got to Ft Leonard Wood in the woods close to Waynesville they found the body of a recruit who had disappeared from basic.
They thought he had gone AWOL but discovered he had been shot and his rifle was missing. I don't think they ever solved it.
Are you confessing? This has bothered you all these years, it's ok to admit what you've done, it will all be okay.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
chaikwa, yup, wimp. something about paying NY taxes, can't sleep in the skidder.
Why don't you run for state office? It's time to change things in that state!

... a quick read of the shennigans that continues here, see nothing has changed. Not even the subjects that y'all "talk" about.
We don't fix what ain't broke. You know that!

Scott, read about your great new machine, so found the video of it. That is very nice work. My compliments to you. Is it shrew proof?
NOTHING is shrew proof! Thanks for the compliments!

What's with these annoying ads that are popping up all over? I refuse to even read them.
Ads? What ads? There shouldn't be any ads! Just ask 'Team I.B.'!

Originally Posted by Bark
I don't see anything disturbing except for occasional pictures of Scot but its ok since Jake likes him.
Watchit Nanook! I got a picture of me that'll burn your retina's!

It's morning finally. Dreamed about a yellow GMC Astro cabover all night. ALL night! Someone had converted a plow or blade of some-such type onto it and they were using it as a bulldozer. The guy running it called it a 'cab-dozer'. They were trying to fill in a wet area behind Lowe's, which is apparently where I worked. A couple of people were 'showing me the ropes' and kept promising that my red Lowe's apron with my name on it should be in any day now. It was a looong night!

Today is Wednesday, November 27th. (apparently, this is not a day in history when anyone did anything noteable!)

1901 - The Army War College was established in Washington, DC.

1910 - New York's Pennsylvania Station opened.

1951 - Hosea Richardson became the first black horse racing jockey to be licensed in Florida.

1963 - U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson delivered his first address to a joint session of Congress.

1973 - The U.S. Senate voted to confirm Gerald R. Ford as vice president after the resignation of Spiro T. Agnew.

1978 - San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and City Supervisor Harvey Milk, a gay-rights activist, were shot to death inside City Hall by Dan White, a former supervisor.

1983 - 183 people were killed when a Colombian Avianca Airlines Boeing 747 crashed near Barajas airport in Madrid.

1989 - 107 people were killed when a bomb destroyed a Colombian jetliner minutes after the plane had taken off from Bogota's international airport. Police blamed the incident on drug traffickers.

Today's thought:
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.

C0ffee and ph00 is ready. There's also cold oatmeal, have a ball!

Quick Reply: Thanksgiving and comraderie Break Room, November 24 - 30