Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Thanksgiving and comraderie Break Room, November 24 - 30

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Allturd phoo goo on the counter along with sugar coated roaches and chocolate dipped worms.
Sorry about the crickets. I thought they were dead but they woke up when I started the fondue.
Same thing with the shrews I received from Bark.

I better go now.

P.S.
Who's dressing mirror is that outside sitting in a puddle?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear the news about Greta, Chris. Keep us updated. They're just like kids and I don't know what I'm going to do when it's Jake's time.

Morning.

What'd y'all get me for Christmas yesterday?

Today is Saturday, November 30th.

1782 - The United States and Britain signed preliminary peace articles in Paris, ending the Revolutionary War.

1803 - Spain completed the process of ceding Louisiana to France.

1804 - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase went on trial accused of political bias. He was later acquitted by the U.S. Senate.

1835 - Samuel Langhorne Clemens was born. He wrote "Tom Sawyer" and "Huckleberry Finn" under the name Mark Twain.

1875 - A.J. Ehrichson patented the oat-crushing machine.

1897 - Thomas Edison's own motion picture projector had its first commercial exhibition.

1940 - Lucille Ball and Cuban musician Desi Arnaz were married.

1954 - In Sylacauga, AL, Elizabeth Hodges was injured when a meteorite crashed through the roof of her house. The rock weighed 8½-pounds.

1986 - "Time" magazine published an interview with U.S. President Reagan. In the article, Reagan described fired national security staffer Oliver North as a "national hero."

1988 - Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Co. took over RJR Nabisco Inc. with a bid of $24.53 billion.

1993 - U.S. President Clinton signed into law the Brady Bill. The bill required a five-day waiting period for handgun purchases and background checks of prospective buyers.

2000 - David Spade was assaulted with a stun gun by his longtime personal assistant, David Warren Malloy. Malloy attacked Spade during a burglary of Spade's home in Beverly Hills.

2001 - For the first time in its history, McDonald's teamed up with a retail partner on its Happy Meal promotions. Toys R Us provided plush figures from its Animal Alley.

2001 - In Seattle, WA, Gary Leon Ridgeway was arrested for four of the Green River serial killings. He was pled innocent on December 18, 2001.

Today's thought:
Our age is being forcibly reminded that knowledge is no substitute for wisdom. Far and away the most important thing in human life is living it.

Let's go people, get up and DO something today!

Coffee and ph00 for you kn0w wh0!
Old 11-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Left shoulder started aching a tad a about mid-October ( couldnt sleep at night and bringing tears to my eyes when I lifted anything ) so once we got everything done outside, I broke down and went to the Doc.. I seem to have managed to rupture both the bursa 'tween my collar bone and shoulder, as well as the one beneath the lower part of my shoulder blade, and have damaged the cartilage in the joint, leaving "debris" floating around in my shoulder..
Docs solution? " complete rest for at least 2 weeks".....THE BOSS's idea? " I ordered the new flooring for the living room, dining room and kitchen so we might as well do the bedrooms and laundry rooms while we're at it, and don't you think we can get it all done before Thanksgiving? ".......if she weren't cute, there'd be another new hole out back in the pasture....
Well... guess who's idea won?
The new flooring all got installed( by me and my best friend, myself) by last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday new trim through-out the first floor of the house, and 4 rooms painted..Wednesday cleaning up and cooking, and yesterday we had 26 folks here for a great family Thanksgiving dinner.......was wonderful! But I cant lift my arm enough to put a shirt on, so am staying home today..

Sadder note, our Rottweiler Greta has developed a Mast Cell Tumor on her neck, that the docs think probably mastitis-ed from either her bone marrow or liver( based on blood work)... not too much they can do for it, so we're counting the days with her. Hasn't seemed to effect her yet, so until it starts diminishing her quality of life, we are gonna enjoy the time we have left.

hardest part is trying to not to be upset 'cause she senses when I am, she's been one of the best dogs and friends I've ever had. gonna be a hard thing to deal with.
Hey, buddy. Good to see you. Sorry about your shoulders (I'm in a similar boat) and your pooch.

May I recommend Meloxocam? (It's the generic of Mobic) It is like a super motrin, better results for me than taking motrin or the like. Couple of Advil PM at night, helps me right out.

Originally Posted by Bark
Speaking of chilling, Madhats probably busy letting everybody chew his butt however the rest of you don't have any excuse.
My best one yet!

0300 starting the fire:

Name:  1479033_679566822064534_423342104_n_zpsb6fe2a82.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  77.1 KB

Nine hours in:

Name:  1452363_679789475375602_100683009_n_zps0c85aa2e.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  52.7 KB

The finished product:
Name:  1463298_679952895359260_774788455_n_zpse8a186d9.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  86.1 KB

I ate so much that my stomach was deformed... I was in physical pain.

I'm about to do it again
Old 11-30-2013, 10:26 AM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
Mornin. -18° and the water to the kitchen froze again.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Man, that sucks...
Old 11-30-2013, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would it be wrong if I said that Madhats butt looks good?

So now you know how them whales on the Beach feel
No winter here yet, around 40 F, maybe a little colder by the end of next week.

Cougar, is that Fahrenheit or Celsius, either way it is waaay colder than I´d like, but if it´s fahrenheit it would convert to around -28 Celsius, and the national record here is -32C* I think, and usually we don´t get colder than -10 or maybe -15 at night for a few days/nights if the wind is in the right corner.

Sorry to hear about your dog Chris.

Slev
Old 11-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Nah, it's ok. Facts are facts!
Old 11-30-2013, 03:16 PM

Any of you guys live near Kodiak, Alaska? Guy I went to school with lives there now.

Cougar, is that Fahrenheit or Celsius, either way it is waaay colder than I´d like, but if it´s fahrenheit it would convert to around -28 Celsius, and the national record here is -32C* I think, and usually we don´t get colder than -10 or maybe -15 at night for a few days/nights if the wind is in the right corner.
We use F in the states. Even way up north of the north pole there. Coldest I have seen is about -25. Plus strong winds.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:45 PM

A friend found these guys, most of their stuff annoys me but I like their take on
Old 11-30-2013, 06:46 PM

Fahrenheit. The coldest I've been out in was -80°F back in 96. I was the only one in the village just a little SE of Nome to show up for work that night. That was one COLD walk.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:51 PM

Had a weird computer glitch. My Anti virus program said a firefox update had a virus and it deleted the entire program. Lost all my bookmarks and everything. It also deleted my back up so I couldn't do a system restore. So, here I sit rebuilding my flavorits one web site at a time on internet exploder.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by cougar
Had a weird computer glitch. My Anti virus program said a firefox update had a virus and it deleted the entire program. Lost all my bookmarks and everything. It also deleted my back up so I couldn't do a system restore. So, here I sit rebuilding my flavorits one web site at a time on internet exploder.
use chrome. log into to your gmail account and it will back up your bookmarks and history. also works good switching between computer, tablet, and android phones.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Well, it is about time to say g'night to all y'all. I hope everyone had a happy and healthy week. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I have set up coffee and ph00 for everyone for the morning.

Play safe and see everyone in a happy new breakroom tomorrow morning.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:28 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by slevhansen
Would it be wrong if I said that Madhats butt looks good?
Snort.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Any of you guys live near Kodiak, Alaska?
Its about 200 miles as the crow flies from here. Driving is a little longer.

Snore!!!!