Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Summer Sauna Breakroom July 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 05:41 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, ate a BLT and humble pie.

scared both farmers (we just lost one to a tractor rollover nearby) to see the carnage. when they don't pick on you- it makes an impact- believe me I was Blessed.

they were excited to get maple syrup though....giddy almost heheh
Old 07-17-2015, 06:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mo, glad things worked out safely. My day was spent mowing, weedeating, and cleaning 2 cars and the shop. I wanted to get done with the weekend stuff early, as tomorrow it is supposed to be a hot one. I'm helping a friend out first thing. The hydro quit in their little john Deere 1020. Had them check the fluid and they got a geyser of chocolate milk out of the dipstick hole. I've got fluid, filter, and a bucket full of tools. Watch me forget the ONE thing I need. I know that series as I have one. Most likely culprit for the fail is the shifter boots. None in stock at the JD dealer, but I have a couple old one with some life left in them.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:38 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Good morning. Wait, going to take back part the 'good' part. NO COFFEE!!!!
Grumble, grumble.
Gone to look for coffee.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:48 AM
DTR Mom

ok, ok I am here!!! fresh road side diner coffee black and some toast, homemade. jam assortment, easy over eggs, ham, oatmeal today for grumpy ones with their fresh fruit.....

JWBM= Heidi
Shorts=M
don't want to sully her name, Ed. snicker snicker

HAY- why were you weedwhacking your car? is that like some rednecks who leave the car on the front lawn too long......j/k

I actually got up with the sun and did all my chores. might do pleasurable projects today!

Make it a good one, readers!!! POST!!! all r welcome here!!!

even the 'water intercooler' double thread. hehe we confused the website
Old 07-18-2015, 06:49 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning. Wait, going to take back part the 'good' part. NO COFFEE!!!! Grumble, grumble. Gone to look for coffee.
GRUMBLE GRUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!..............
Someone else was rumbling around in here but no coffee. Heidi is here having to make coffee. Seems to me I served that "someone" coffee in bed the other morning, yet that someone did not make coffee for all of us today. What a buddy. .............

Grabbin my ph00 and left fresh sprinkles on the counter. Me out of here. See ya later, Heidi.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:06 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

The smell of fresh black coffee brought me back. Grabbed a cup, added some honey and can now sit back and enjoy some eggs and ham. Thanks Heidi, yuh dun gud.

A couple of days ago 'someone' brought me coffee in bed, plus a cinnamon snack. As he lives on the right coast and consequently is normally up before me, expect the same every day, so today feel very let down.

Heidi, glad to hear that your neighbors managed to get your carnage sorted out for you. Hope that you can now finish your project. Finally, you are listening. Stay slowed down. You already know a very good word - mañana - so start to practice. Not mañana, TODAY!!!! Bob, are you listening?
Old 07-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings.
Seems like Stan-dards is setting the bar higher and higher but not leading by example. Or not learning from BobbyDependable and serving me breakfast in bed. (Probably cuz the tray is too heavy with my dozen poached eggs and slab o bacon lol) I'll do my part and load the juicer with a delectable array of (censored), (censored) and gravy.

Picked raspberries yesterday. Yum, my favorite fresh fruit. Having a great summer so far.

Surgeon did another ultrasound and physical follow up on my pec repair.
Has not seen a recovery go so well.
Jaw dropped when I told him I am curling my 55lb dumbbells and started tricep dips. When a pec is almost completely torn off for close to fifteen years, and now its fixed, wow what a difference. My man boob isn't sagging anymore. LOL
Old 07-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A couple of days ago 'someone' brought me coffee in bed, plus a cinnamon snack. As he lives on the right coast and consequently is normally up before me, expect the same every day, so today feel very let down.

Not mañana, TODAY!!!! Bob, are you listening?
Came back for more ph00............................YEH. GONE............oh wait. What did I just read. Oh boy, talk about grateful - - you sound like a democrat. More, I want more - - don't make me work for it, just give it to me. ..................................

And YES, I am listening - - just don't have my hearing aids in. Can't make it work yet, but working on it, one thing at a time.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:15 PM

Heidi, Sorry, that was supposed to be Mom! My keyboard is starting to skip letters....

Tractor fixed, found out the clamp links for the pump had sheared the bolts. Fixed, but not real sure it will last....My friend now has a large amount of contaminated fluid to get rid of. Glad it's not me this time!
Old 07-18-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Came back for more ph00............................YEH. GONE............oh wait. What did I just read. Oh boy, talk about grateful - - you sound like a democrat. More, I want more - - don't make me work for it, just give it to me. ..................................

And YES, I am listening - - just don't have my hearing aids in. Can't make it work yet, but working on it, one thing at a time.

But, but, but, I am grateful. But grateful for what is the $64,000 question.

A democrat!!!!!! Oh nooooooooo! Please, not that! Forgive me!

Suggest that you put your hearings aids in and then connect your hearings aids to a 120v source. Let us know if that helps your hearing.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:59 PM

The neighbor seems to have accumulated a large supply of ammo, plus several pounds of binary!!!! The last one must have been about 5 lbs worth! BOOOMMM!

Wish he'd invited me......
Old 07-18-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Hooked up the old fiver and went camper hunting yesterday. Scored on the first one at a dealer about 150 miles from here. Had some pretty tough requirements. Needed to be no more than 27', preferably 25'. A bed us old folks can make without throwing out a back, kitchen and cabinets to suit Ma, and frame and/or hitch equipment to suit Pa. Budget is tight to boot.

Found a 2002 Sunnybrook 25' at Midway in Grand Rapids. Fit the bill. One leak and bad panel in a closet, should be fixed sometime, but not critical. Aluminum tube superstructure and fiberglass insulation, a weird combination but should be easy to repair. Fifty bucks and a few hours should stop the carnage and get it on the road. Paid $5500 for it.

Stopped at a rest stop about an hour and a half from home and spent the night. Slept about 10 hours. Didn't know I was that tired. Nice rain in the middle of the night with one huge lightning strike real close. Had to peel Ma from the ceiling. Reminded me of playing with tannerite. Got up in the morning and spotted 2 tall flag poles about 30 yards away. Probably was the target.

Heidi, be careful with the vacuum cleaner. It'd be your luck to trip on the cord and break a hip or something.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:38 PM
DTR Mom

glad you got what you wanted/can live with, JM hope you find some cash stuffed in the walls, heheheh

question for you electronic guys---a FLUKE is a testor? anyone? trying to decipher instructions on troubleshooting a dairy farm unit.......

yes Ed, mom will work! have a cookie....
you would have loved to be in Rochester ny- they imploded a large factory at Kodak. 50,000 workers and 58 buildings to less than 1,000 that don't directly answer to Kodak/farmed out and 8 buildings. sad. but great controlled explosions!!!

I am completely stumped. woke up early, saw weedwhacker and thought I would trim the forest. I tapped the head once to align and did not see string. shut it off, looked- the head was completely gone! house in front, jeep to side, open drive way and open low cut grass. I walked it four times, used a metal detector, drove 4 wheeler around large area, crawled under stuff, felt by inch, gone. I now believe in alien abduction.

quit work. did a bike ride, got parts, enjoyed an ice cold drink, worked on one good project, still could not find that stupid part. gave up and made dinner. all good. slow and safe for fiver and friend stan.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:58 PM

Fluke is a strange name for professional test equipment, but it has been around for many years. Pricey stuff, but very good. Think that they make just about every kind of electrical and electronic equipment that you can imagine.Just a few days ago was looking for a recording volt meter and decided to check out Fluke. Yikes, way too pricey for me.

What Kind of Fluke do you have? In other words, what does it test?

That missing head probably became a Frisbee and is far away. One day you will find it and wonder how on earth it got there.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:22 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
That missing head probably became a Frisbee and is far away. One day you will find it and wonder how on earth it got there.
My guess is that someone took it off to reload it and got distracted. It's on a bench, table, car hood, etc near the distraction.

Don't ask.