Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Summer Sauna Breakroom July 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 06:52 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Coffee, hmmmmmmm. Cinnamon roll, hmmmmmmmmm. Hey, I can very easily get used to this. Do it tomorrow too, OK?

Now that I am awake, good morning from Paradise. A gorgeous morning is adawning down here. Looks like it may even be a fairly warm day, at least by our standards. Still need to do some roof work, but with all this hot sun, think that I will go and find something else to get into trouble on. Hopefully not JWBM's type of trouble.

Heidi, chin up girl, today is a new day. Come and join me for for a Bob Evan's breakfast, fill up and face your many problems with a full belly.

Thanks Bob for the good start to the day. Now off to see what needs to be done.

L8tr.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings.
Almost have the new to me truck set up the way I like it.
Biggest struggle is delete or not to delete. I'm actually pondering how to improve MPG with deletes intact for now and have some warranty for awhile.
Mechanically without interfering with the sensors, I can swap the cam.

Also found its not as easy to have gravity feed auxiliary tank due to steel plumbing, no rubber hose visible to tap into. Probably put a 12 V transfer pump/nozzle instead.

I need coffee, mmmm mmmm perfect.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:34 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yessum, listening to wisdom of the guys who sit atop the mountain.

did not leave the house this gorgeous morning, slept in (till I smelled cinnamon) and will finish up paperwork.

maybe then will try out the winch on my jeep from the ravine top and a lot of chains. hmmm make it easier maybe use the aircraft cable. not worried,

paperwork is the priority. next phone call may bring more paperwork.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:35 AM
DTR Mom

put in the super secret idiot detector too....keep you safe big man.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Old 07-16-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Purty!
Old 07-16-2015, 06:19 PM
DTR Mom

ooooooooooo, shiny!!!!

nice looking, sleek outfit. me likey.

ok, took it s l o w today. one chunk of paperwork done and mailed, apt for paperwork for florida property tomorrow, writing a reply to another chunk of paperwork tonight. s l o w ......

removed tractor from bridge wreckage, sorted wreckage, did not lift any beams by hand. and blew backhoe boom hydraulic line to add to the difficulty. nice oilslick on wood too. long story short- tractor is parallel to the bridge, in the stone cold water creek, all free and clear and ready to go up the opposite bank. put stick to make backhoe swing all left to clear other bank. 12 foot long tractor in a 14 foot trench, bank is clay and three-four foot higher than wheels. I have called my farm neighbor with his muchhhhh bigger tractor and laid out chain to top of ravine 30 degree angle.

I even read the local shopper ads and ate a loco taco. howz THAT for slow.
and safe. and frustratingly stupid occurance of events.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by sherod
Purty!
Just like MY LEGGS!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:01 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good mornings peoples and others. Coffee and ph00 is hot, fresh and ready. Someone else can bring munchies or breakfast. I waited in bed for my coffee, but as it never appeared, had to get up and get my own.

Scotty, truck look nice. The road salt should show up nicely on it.

JWBM, hope that today you can give us a better report.

For the rest of you, enjoy the day, whatever it brings.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Stanadian, when the first round of salt appears, we're coming to show you it.
Thankfully the trend in the winter up here is from melting to too cold for salt to be effective.
While I was under the truck the other day I noted just how clean it was.

Early riser this AM. Woke up for no apparent reason other than my carcass said its time.

Hope olive ewe hanyday.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:55 AM

That's fine, come on down. Will get it washed fro you. It costs C$4 to have my truck hand washed and dried. It gets washed in the parking lot of a restaurant next to Sam's and Walmart, so you can eat or shop while it is getting spiffy.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Poor abuse Stan - - didn't get his coffee in bed. Well, I peaked in and listened and you were still snoozing when I came to deliver it and I had to go. Thought about leaving it, but then it would get cold. You snooze, you looze. .................................

Just back from auto dealer. Dumb tire pressure sensors have given a problem since new. Told me we don't drive it enough and they go to sleep. OK, fine - - but they are supposed to wake up when you drive - - - DUH. They don't. Funny it is only the rear ones that do that. ..........

OK, snack time and off to the races.

Bobby
Old 07-17-2015, 11:24 AM

Excuses, excuses, excuses. About all I can expect around this place.

I have the TST sensors on my truck and most of the time they work well, but every now and then one or two take ages to wake up.

Off to go and try to fix a water leak under a sink for a friend
Old 07-17-2015, 01:50 PM
DTR Mom

YES, INDEED!!!! lil coffee and I am wound tighter than Larry's grip on his coffee cup.

yes, stantastic, I have all good news today. safe, slow and funny.

used neighbor's smallest tractor, a big john deere cab/bucket 15,000lber and my 20ooolb winch (3 point came in handy!) we all got us a farmer's weight loss program (hard work) and start n finish in two hours. followed his tractor out and around (140 acres travelled, wet mud, springs, creeks, brush) had to keep out of his tire tracks, my lil tractor would hang up on the backhoe.... clearing up bridge demolition can wait.
naturally, he refused pay. so I gave up the good syrup to each neighbor and
cash (with force; said I was telling his wife on him, take the gas money). every farmer needs green. lol

got another chunk of paperwork done and mailed, bank loan in process for florida bid, paid all bills and was surprised to see three with lower amounts.
had another bat in the house, got him to follow me by clicking and out the front door!

I truly hope all readers have much better (smarter) experiences!!!
my guardian Angels have taken up a fund.....
plan is to be a girl and vacuum now......THANK YOU FIVER/STAN slow is good!
Old 07-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
plan is to be a girl and vacuum now......THANK YOU FIVER/STAN slow is good!
See - - we told ya to slow down. Makes ya come down and behave like a human. (note to self - - do likewise ya big dummy.........)

Hey, just realized it is Friday. Just checked my calendar to see what is on it for tomorrow - - well DUH, I all ready did them all today. So, thought I was a day ahead. Checked the peuter - - nope, right on time. That means tomorrow is Saturday - - all ready - - all day. Unbelievable. Rain off and on all week. My pool is way past the overflow escape - -it really poured for about one hour - - TV said over 2.5" in one hour. Not bad. Yep, must be in Florida.

YAY - - the blonde just hollered dinner - - me gone.

HungryJack - - I mean HungryBob.

Quick Reply: Summer Sauna Breakroom July 12 - 18