Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

break-check area- DTR breakroom 6 July - 12 July 2008, check your breaks, often

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 11:28 PM
alwaysonDTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
break-check area- DTR breakroom 6 July - 12 July 2008, check your breaks, often

like it says time to stop nd check your breaks, and do it often, dont want to over heat this summer,

coffee's on ,sweet tea's in the fridge, and the floors clean....try to keep it that way, don't get your break dust on it.

have a good weak and make it fun
Old 07-06-2008, 06:32 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DTR Skuttlebutt 6 July - 12 July 2008

Can't believe these late sleepers. Guess everyone needs to rest up for work tomorrow.
Couple more inches of rain yesterday. Creek flushed again. Haven't checked to see how many squash washed downstream.
Maybe get a bit of scooter riding in after the wife finishes milking the goats. In the meantime, I'll get some more metal cut and glued for the mill.
Finally got a scooter pic, but due to the inability of this system to process my thought processes, I guess I'll leave it over on 04ctd's thread about dropping new scooters. (unless some nice admin puke would be nice enough to move it over)

Shortround out (for a bit)
Old 07-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, where is everyone? I guess the 4th did them in. SR, you opened the door but didn't mention coffee - - OK, there it is - - you did good. Grabbing the foo .

Off to church and out to eat with friends. Warm down here - - it is July. Pool sure feels good though. OK, I'm gone - - ya'll have a goodurn.

Bob
Old 07-06-2008, 06:38 AM

It looks like whoever started the breakroom thread for the week, FORGOT THE DATE TIME GROUP!!!!
Got any old radiomen in here that can teach these youngsters the proper way to format a message???
"Admins, handle it."

needanothercupofjoeShortround out
Old 07-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm here, I'm here. Jus' tryin' to clean up a mess someone else made... apparently, a certain someone can't tell the difference between the breakroom and the janitors closet because that's where they set up the coffee, tea an' ph00!

Awright, it's all ready and IN IT'S PROPER PLACE now!

chaikwa.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by shortround
It looks like whoever started the breakroom thread for the week, FORGOT THE DATE TIME GROUP!!!!
Got any old radiomen in here that can teach these youngsters the proper way to format a message???
"Admins, handle it."

needanothercupofjoeShortround out
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH........Crabby old sonuvagun.

Merged the two threads.

Here at the daughter's house on cup-o-coffee number 3.

Gotta a coupla days off, ice cold Coronas-n-fishin' are the only things on MY schedule.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
(unless some nice admin puke would be nice enough to move it over)
I don't think that any of them work here on the DTR...
"Admins, handle it."
Still lookin for some...
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH........Crabby old sonuvagun.
Yeah, someone sure is grumpy this mornin...

Mornin, DTR. The ladies went out last night, so I DD'd for them. They did not stay out too late, but later than I did last time that I went out with a buddy... but they did not go drinkin all night... nope, they got a good buzz on and went shoppin! DANG IT!!!

John, how you feelin?

Always, thanks for starting the breakroom... was there 2?

Got my coffee going, makin my game plan for today. Don't know what I'm doin yet... gonna clean up a little. Sprinklers goin now...

See ya'll in a bit..
Old 07-06-2008, 08:09 AM

Morning Ed, it's good to see that "some" of the "admin pukes" do at least check to make sure every thing is running right, even when they are on vacation. Thanks for the quick action. Even a PM to that east coast shallow water skimmer driver admin puke electronics type didn't do any good.
The bike is doing good. Still got the old sportster cold naturedness, even with fuel injection. Not a biggie. Crank it up and let it idle for a couple of minutes or until after its "burp". Even has a wait to start light. I feel right at home.
Beautiful day outside. Got to get out there and disturb everyone within a half mile with the chop saw and grinder.
Is it beer time yet? (that'll wake up the WingWiperHat)

Shortroundleavingbeforethingsgetthrownatme out
Attached Thumbnails break-check area- DTR breakroom 6 July - 12 July 2008, check your breaks, often-new-scooter.jpg  
Old 07-06-2008, 08:19 AM

Howdy all

Looks like things are normal around here. Shortround, I think they are casting "Grumpy Old Men 3", you should try out for the lead.

Did the usual on the 4th, parade, carshow, picnic with friends and then had the best seat in the house for the fireworks:

Where's the stuff we call around here?

~Rob
Old 07-06-2008, 10:25 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

monring all.

trying to get moving.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:38 AM

Mornin Mornin

Busy yesterday did all the yard work. Place looks like a park now. Got another sprinkle last night to keep the dust down. Got some kind of bugs on the spruce trees, have to break out the nerve agents to deal with them me thinks. Hate bugs eating up my trees that I spent so much time trying to grow.

Watched some of the rodeo( Calgary Stampede) last night on the tube. More rerides last night than I've seen ever. Guess there just trying to be fair to the cowboys so they got a good ride and have a fair chance at the $$$$. No one hurt in any of the events.

Family pics are in order for today(wifes side), then everyones individually. Have to look respectable, I guess, so should have a shower and a shave.

Better get at it...Later.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:17 AM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
Morning all,

I'm in the midst of completing rebuilding my main computer's hard drive system. For the last four years I've been running a RAID 0 array and last weekend, it finally bought the farm.

Upgraded to a RAID 5 array using four 10K Raptors. Complemented that by maxing the physical RAM to 3GB. ~ Saweet!!

Hope everyone had a safe holiday. I got the grass cut. Still need to push some dirt around in the driveway.

Thursday, I forgot my hat and managed to sunburn my stupid head. Ouch!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:19 AM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Morning. I'm with FO, trying to be productive.

I just realized I made a post last night, when i got home and it should have been the new thread. I let you all down!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Morning again all.

Finally mustered up some energy earlier. Took a shower, drank some of the best coffee in the world. DTR coffee of course.

Got out and cleaned the garage up. I'm a pack rat, and it is hard for me to admit. I will find a use for it. Garage looks much better though.

The dog is at the groomer, waitin for them to call me to go get him. Now I'm just doing laundry, cleaning the house and watching some future weapons. Good show.

You all have a great sunday.

Jb
Old 07-06-2008, 02:00 PM

Evening Ya'll, it's 2320 in Afghanistan.... already tired of the beach here, another hot day of 132 degree.... had to ask KBR what the temps were, out thermometer doesn't go past 120.... **** it’s hot... At least the locals haven't showered us with fire works.... I'll be thinking of ya’ll in the morning while coffee's brewing and helo's are flying.... Sure is great to hear all that scuttlebutt going around.

Quick Reply: break-check area- DTR breakroom 6 July - 12 July 2008, check your breaks, often