Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sprinter Break Room 4/15 - 4/21

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 09:00 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Sprinter Break Room 4/15 - 4/21

Winter won't quit. We're well into the season of Sprinter here in MN. We just had a full blown blizzard in Minneapolis. Will snow all day today as well. About a foot here so far.

Coffee's on. Ph00 for Bobby, Quickie scrambled eggs and venison sausage on the stove.

I'd put up a photo, but that system seems to be broken as well.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:40 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
John, you should have listened to me when I told you to dig out your RV and come on down. Now it's too late and you are buried even deeper. Sheesh, is winter never going to end up there? Global warming you say?????!!!!!

Thanks for the coffee, venison sausage and eggs. Yummy.

Last night my wife and had to go to wedding. Hate weddings, but my wife loves them. The reception was held in a big old house not far from me. Will elaborate on this for those that have never been to the real Mexico. Many of the old style houses in Mexico are very big compared to the US or Canadian houses. This one had 20 foot ceilings and a typical Spanish / Mexican courtyard. The reception was in the courtyard. The courtyard is typically open with a garden and trees on the edges. This one was about 90 feet square with a few large ficus trees on the one side and a fountain in the middle. Very pretty. I estimated about 250 guests and the guests plus tables etc easily fitted into that courtyard. The father / daughter dance was a very well performed tango. At least 30 waiters kept the guests supplied with unending food and drinks. The weather was fantastic for this and even at midnight it was still 20C with totally clear skis. Weddings down here are quite a bit different to those up north.

Off to shower and get ready for church and then lunch.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
John, you should have listened to me when I told you to dig out your RV and come on down. Now it's too late and you are buried even deeper. Sheesh, is winter never going to end up there? Global warming you say?????!!!!!
I just hope Summer lands on a Sunday so we can have a picnic.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Last night my wife and had to go to wedding. Hate weddings, but my wife loves them. The reception was held in a big old house not far from me. Will elaborate on this for those that have never been to the real Mexico. Many of the old style houses in Mexico are very big compared to the US or Canadian houses. This one had 20 foot ceilings and a typical Spanish / Mexican courtyard. The reception was in the courtyard. The courtyard is typically open with a garden and trees on the edges. This one was about 90 feet square with a few large ficus trees on the one side and a fountain in the middle. Very pretty. I estimated about 250 guests and the guests plus tables etc easily fitted into that courtyard. The father / daughter dance was a very well performed tango. At least 30 waiters kept the guests supplied with unending food and drinks. The weather was fantastic for this and even at midnight it was still 20C with totally clear skis. Weddings down here are quite a bit different to those up north.
Given your description of celebration, luxury, and fair weather, pray tell why do you hate weddings?
Old 04-15-2018, 01:06 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Given your description of celebration, luxury, and fair weather, pray tell why do you hate weddings?

Let me count the ways ..........
1 Always need to buy expensive wedding presents. Have better things to do with that money
2 Always seem to sit next to some stranger that does not like to converse and will never see again
3 Mostly need to endure lousy food. This last wedding was the worst yet!
4 Always loud music which makes conversation very difficult. Once the dancing starts, the music gets cranked up another 127 decibels and even although I wear earplugs, it hurts my ears.
5 Smelly smokers!!!!!!!!!!! Cigar smokers are the worst!!!!!!!!!!
6 Can't politely leave before midnight.
7 ..... and the list goes on and on........
Old 04-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon.

Cold beer in the fridge, some cheap stuff for guys like me, some bud light, and some expensive stuff in the stainless steel growler for guys like me too... I like it cheap, I like it good...

I'm not a huge fan of weddings, but I've officiated a few, those were good. That sounds like a killer place, Stan.

Hope everyone is having an ok Sunday. My paternal grandmother is up for a few weeks visiting. She's a sweet old lady, but most of the butter has done slid off that biscuit. I love her tho, so I'm super patient. My wife is being an awesome sport too.

The weather is finally warming up here, now were getting some bad weather tonight. I was supposed to smoke some ribs, but the forecast said rain all day- we've had a few sprinkles. Yesterday was supposed to be 0% and sunny all day, I got rained on for three or four hours. I dislike eastern north carolina a bit.

Scooter is doing good, truck needs some TLC but is ok. Old lady's truck is ok-ish. Kids are ok. Can't complain, good life!

Stay safe out there.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:29 PM

At most of the weddings I attend, I'm the sound man, so I get in on the rehearsal dinner and also get catered to at the sound desk at the reception. I also get in on any fun things about to happen so I can be sure any needed audio paths are up for the gig. Spoiled, I guess.

Reverse of the coin, though I'm not complaining, is the work load to make it happen. In the last 3 months I've installed two sound systems at church, so I've been busier than a one armed wall paper hanger in a wind storm. I got a couple of good used Presonus StudioLive mixers. That makes operation of both systems nearly the same. These things allow me to set it up so an usher can ride gain and queue the recorder. On the flip side I normally run the stage, mixes for crying room etc, a flying Cd record, and a multi track capture for formal sound engineering later if wanted, all simultaneously. I can also set up the mixer quickly for a serious professional recording session of a singing group, instruments, choir, or all of the above. Then with the DAW and the board working together I can mix down a duplication master to professional standards. Can you tell that I love the work.

Another leg of the ministry is helping small evangelical churches with their sound system requirements and problems, including testing, engineering, setup, and training, usually using the equipment they already have. If they want to upgrade, I can do a design and setup for them.

We've gotten about a foot of heavy wet snow in the last 24 hours, and it's still snowing. I think I'll see if I can hire a pro to clear the driveway.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:18 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Happy Sunday evening, folks.

Yesterday the wife and,kids drove out 3 hours to ne PA. Wife saw some properties to review. All turned out to be not what she wanted. Nor I. At 82* f we were glad to get out in the country and enjoy the 10 degree cooler air. Mighty beautiful country we live in.

Headed south to US 80 and sort of by accident drove through a 49,500 acre hunk of preserved game lands. Talk about spectacular! Nature at,its best on a partial paved / partial cinder road. 30 minutes of pristine forest, and I will return again one day to visit again.

On our way out, we drove through a housing settlement (village is what they call them), and,as we were enjoying waving to folks enjoying their weekend fun, there was a middlea aged couple, with their two horses, in the road.

Slowing down to a crawl, we patiently waited for,them to proceed. The husband was walking beside his,horse, while the wife was riding hers. Neither horse had a saddle.

Well, to our amazement, the wife's horse speeds up, veers directly into the side of the roadway into the low hanging trees. She bends her head down, and,hugs her horses neck, loses her balance and,winds up flat on her back in the brush. Horse still sttached, pulls her along the ground, back onto,the road. She, picks herself up, and hobbles the horse onto their property which they were heading to in the first place.

My frantic wife asks if she needs help, and the husband, clutching his alcoholic beverage, says...

She's my wife. She'll be okay. I told her not to ride barebacked, but she is too drunk to listen to me. Go figure, eh?

We went back on our tour of the countryside, but won't forget the drunken woman anytime soon..

Today its 38* f, 60+ mph winds, and raining. What a difference 24 hours makes.

Another day checked off on the road to old age...

Lol
Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, missed a great breakfast. Sorry about that. There is some ph00 left, so took a mug and venison sausage - - my favorite. Swiped some of that too and bringing it home for breakfast in the morning. Wish I could have had it hot this morning. No such luck. Just now slowing down enough to turn on the peuter. Another long and hard day on schedule for tomorrow. Be so glad when this routine slows down and we get back to normal. I see the end of the tunnel, but it is still a little tiny thing. Patience Bob.

Off to beddy bye - - very tired after a grueling day. Supposed to rest on the Sabbath. Hopefully get back on earlier tomorrow.

BusyBob
Old 04-17-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,572 Posts
It is looking like Spinter here too.
We have had snow every day since Sat and some snow showers are in the forecast till Thursday. Soft mud and fresh slushy snow on the ground.

Threw on some Coffee, ph00 and hot water for tea.
I will let someone else bring in the healthy breakfast stuff.

I am off too stoke up the wood stove, as the old dog doesn't like the lingering cold weather.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 PM

Finally got dug out of the snow. Called the neighbor who usually takes on the heavy loads with a double high 8' snow thrower on a 100 hp tractor. He said it's in the barn, on the other side of soft lawn and a 7' high snow drift. He doesn't need it to clear what he needs to, so he really didn't want to take it out.

Got done clearing what I could off the rutted driveway with a walk behind about 4 pm yesterday. Took DW to town. Among other things we took a small microwave back to Goodwill that we thought might work in the camper. Turned out to be too small. Thought we'd get a voucher but no, we had to spend $25 or leave it on the table. We found some really nice sheets for the camper for $20, and then DW found a really nice pair of new shoes for $6. She really likes them, and was impressed with the quality. She just looked them up on the internet. They're $120 shoes.

What's that racket? Snow just slid off the North side of the barn roof. Now I have to go blow it away from the barn so it doesn't go through the barn when it melts.

This is enough to make one step out on the back porch, look up reverently, and cry "UNCLE!"

I heard a robin this afternoon. He was ticked.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:08 AM

Happy sprinter humpday. Wife bought a ton of fresh oranges , so I peeled and cut the up for the fellas here. Of course there are muffins, coffee, tea and my dogs supplied the poo

Since I don't know much about sprinter, other than being cold and wet and yucky, here is a 4x4 sprinter to cruise around in for the day.
Attached Thumbnails Sprinter Break Room 4/15 - 4/21-red_sprinter_4x4_medium_1024x1024.jpg  
Old 04-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Of course there are muffins, coffee, tea and my dogs supplied the poo
HUH!!!! DISGUSTING!!!!!!.................................

Good morning, all. I thought spring had sprung. Sorry about the problems. I will not tell you how beautiful it is here - - bright sun, cool breeze, birds singing, alligators walking our streets......................probably looking for loose dogs or cats.

Put fresh coffee and tea on along with fresh Ph00!!!! No goodies, no time to get them together. Heading back to the other house to work all day. Glad when it is done and ready for the market. Anyone need a nice 2br/2ba villa in gorgeous Florida? About 1 mile from beach, 2 blocks from dock for your boat. 2 blocks to State Park.

Y'all have a great day - - be careful - - enjoy it.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:18 AM

Lol, frying up some ham and eggs right now. Extra butter to cook them with.

Yummy, greasy breakfast.

Come and get it
Old 04-20-2018, 06:00 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
What's that racket? Snow just slid off the North side of the barn roof. Now I have to go blow it away from the barn so it doesn't go through the barn when it melts.
I'm questioning my thoughts of moving to Kentucky when I retire now... snow melting and flooding a building sounds terrible. I know you're in MN and it's a lot different, but I'm from Florida and have no real experience with snow...

Mornin, everyone. Fresh Marine joe on the counter, plus Fru Fru Phoo for Bobby. I had a dream about making Foo for an old guy in a library last night... weird.

Bout to make some madhat mcmuffins, instead of bacon or canadian ham, I'm going to use BBQ pulled chicken and some hot sauce.

My paternal grandmother is up for a week or so... poor old lady. I took the day off so we could take her out and about.

It was really nice yesterday, high 70s. It's 39 right now. :'(

I hope everyone has a great day and a good weekend.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:39 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Folks....

I had a weird dream about some young whippersnapper trying to force foo on me in the library...weird

Anyway Coffee is hot as is the phoo..Thanks Mad for the pulled pork Yum!

Quick Reply: Sprinter Break Room 4/15 - 4/21