Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sprinter Break Room 4/15 - 4/21

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 08:02 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I'm questioning my thoughts of moving to Kentucky when I retire now... snow melting and flooding a building sounds terrible. I know you're in MN and it's a lot different, but I'm from Florida and have no real experience with snow...

Well ........................ consider retiring deep in Mexico. No snow there. Great weather, good and cheap food. Medical care is excellent and cheap too.

Thanks Mark for the black mud er, I mean the coffee. Is it supposed to be crunchy? Grub is more better.

Like BusyBob, I am almost finished redoing a house that I had out for rent. The tenants left a bit of a mess behind. Have some painters in today painting some very high areas that I cannot reach. Going to sell the place and not rent it out any more.

The rainy season starts next month, so time for new shoes for the back of my truck. Going to stay with the 315 Yokahama's as they have been excellent tires. Will order them in the next week or so. Not everybody carries these large tires, so need to order them. They arrive one or two days after placing the order.

Off to do something. Well maybe not, more 'coffee' first.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:33 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello
just an FYI
the Go fund me page that was started April 6 for the Humboldt Broncos had a goal of $5,000.00.
it became the second highest page in history exceeding fifteen million dollars when it closed.
the Credit Union in Humboldt is still receiving donations.
Donations have come from over 80 countries!

There are still two people in critical condition in the hospital.

WOW!
Old 04-20-2018, 09:59 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Scotty, read about this yesterday. Your WOW is a dramatic understatement! This money should go a long way to helping the families involved.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:05 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Scotty, read about this yesterday. Your WOW is a dramatic understatement! This money should go a long way to helping the families involved.
As you are aware of, no amount of money will...
It will definitely help once the healing eases up some.

my daughter’s school did a fundraiser run for this.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:10 AM

Absolutely correct! No amount of money can replace the loss of a loved one, particularly close family.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
My wife thought about retiring to a warmer climate, like Wyoming. Fortunately she decided to stay put here in AK. I hate the heat.
Today we are getting a rain/snow mix. Yesterday was sunny and short sleeve weather. Got up to 50°!
Old 04-21-2018, 08:10 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
My wife thought about retiring to a warmer climate, like Wyoming. Fortunately she decided to stay put here in AK. I hate the heat.
Today we are getting a rain/snow mix. Yesterday was sunny and short sleeve weather. Got up to 50°!
SHORT SLEEVES - - 50 degrees?????? You gotta be kidding. ...............................

Coug, I love Alaska - - in the summer. Beautiful place full of many memories and fun times with friends and family that joined us while up there. But, once that old calendar hits about September 15, I am out of there. Even then, hit snow coming home. Can be a bit scary with 53' of rig.

Tired and sore today, but made huge progress yesterday. A while more today on the SIL's house and it will be ready for the real estate ladies to take over. Gotta get to work on my own house to finish up spring pruning, fertilizing, mulching (140 bags worth). Then I head up into the mountains for a month or so and just do nuttin - - I deserve it. .............

Fresh coffee and ph00 ready for the lovers of it. Brought in fresh Dunkin donuts - - very good at keeping the cholesterol high - - don't want that count to drop - - NO NO. ....

Have a great one and see ya next week.

Bobby