Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 08:11 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Once you all are done with breakfast, my dogs will clean up the scraps. They're resting before they feast.

Nice day here. 48* f and sunny. Perfect for me. Favorite time of the year except for all the pollen release

.Speaking of...

Adopted a dog from S. Carolina last year, and after exhaustive testing, it's been determined that he has seasonal allergies to the northern pollen released here because it's not what his body dealt with for his first 5 years of life in the south.

Coughing is being attributed to pollen. Tried a bunch of drugs with minimal success. Well not much success. Looking for ideas besides sending his beagle butt back to the south.

In theory, he will eventually get used it it. In the meantime, he's coughing a good portion of the day.

Oh well. I'll just give him some of the food left here, and try to hide my guilt for how bad I feel for him.
Attached Thumbnails Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7-0405180827.jpg  
Old 04-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning folks Thanks for the Coffee Bob

Back from the Smoky Mountains, took my Grandkids there for Spring Break and spent Easter there. They asked for bunnies for Easter, they are not talking to me right now......
Old 04-05-2018, 10:19 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Lary,
Are those bunnies marinated in wine before grilling? We used to have them sitting overnight in a wine mixture. Ill never forget waking up as a little kid on Easter to see dead wabbits in my moms fridge.

I guess that's why I'm as messed up as I am, eh?
Old 04-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Yum Wabbits!

Many years I’d hunt jack rabbits and Bunnies.
Great lean protein.
Missing that and Priairie Chicken as well as picking my own Shrooms and smoking fish.

Need to get back to that.

I remember the time I snared my Elder Twins Leggs and left him there for a couple days.
All we could hear was “My Leggs My Leggs and all these Easter Eggs! Help, I can’t reach the Eggs!”

hahahah
Old 04-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty

I remember the time I snared my Elder Twins Leggs and left him there for a couple days.
All we could hear was “My Leggs My Leggs and all these Easter Eggs! Help, I can’t reach the Eggs!”

hahahah
Oh yeah great times!
Old 04-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Delightful array of inviting pastries, scintillating bacon strips and exquisite omelettes prepared with ‘special’ attention to the (censored) and (censored)

sorry about the rabbit fur flying. The ceiling fan had Lary the Leggers Pelts air drying on it.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Admin Team Leader

Thanks for Breakfast Scotty, I enjoyed the (censored) and never get tired of your magical use of (censored) in those exquisite omelets of yours!

Y'all be safe out there!
Old 04-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Old 04-07-2018, 06:04 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Hot 'n fresh coffee and ph00 awaits.

Scotty, that is pretty bad news about that hockey team where so many members died. Hope that none of them are from your town or family.

It's my wifes b'day today, need to be extra nice to her today.

Got lots to do today, so getting an early start. Grabbing another cup of coffee and then out of here.

Ciao
Old 04-07-2018, 06:08 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - fresh coffee and ph00 and ready along with hot water for Claude's tea perchance he swings by. Don't have time to fix breakfast, but did leave some apple fritters on the counter. Enjoy. Off to pound nails, spread drywall mud, put in some trim and start the painted on the Sis-in-law's house. Slowly coming together.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:10 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Stan, I appreciate your concern.
I have a friend who’s son played hockey on that team. I’m not sure if he still did or what the situation is and I’m hesitant to ask so soon.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4129618/h...r-tisdale/amp/
Old 04-07-2018, 11:44 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Hectic day yesterday. Dropped the 1st gen off at the shop and found out the brakes on the wife's car sounded like rocks in a dry cement mixer. I was luck to find a shop that said "how soon can you get it here?" Took them about 4 hours to get the brakes back into civilized shape. The wife being deafer than I am, never heard the noise.
Slow warming trend continues in the North land.