Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 06:08 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7

Good morning from Paradise. Yeah, I know it's Sunday, but you have slept in long enough, so get up and carp diem. It's Easter, so go to church and enjoy it. Be thankful for what was done for you.

Fresh homemade bread on the counter next to the farm butter and raw cheese. Chiseled out the dregs in the coffee pot and now there is steaming hot, fresh coffee as well as some ph00. Tasted the ph00 and whatever flavor it is, it tastes pretty good, so will have a cup myself. Lots of different tortas to fill your hungry belly. Just take what you want and heat them up in the oven. Don't use the micro as that destroys too much. This will keep you going until someone brings something more unhealthy traditional (but delicious) 'Merkun grub.

Last night was a full moon in a cloudless sky. It looked really nice, especially as it was coming up over the horizon. It was a blue moon, but even tho I looked carefully, could not see any blue, only orange and yellow.

In my area the big jacaranda trees are in full bloom. Some of those trees are huge and there are thousands around the city. The picture shows what my area looks like right now. Gorgeous.

Time change for us last night.

Off to do some Sunday relaxing.

Ciao.

Edit; I know that most of you north of the Mexican border just hear bad stuff about Mexico, but it really is not as bad as the media portray it. I have lived in Mexico since 2000 and love it. Just to be different, here is a short video of a park a 3 hour drive from my house. That place really is awesome! There are many more similar videos on YouTube.
Attached Thumbnails Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7-jacaranda-trees.jpg  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks Stanadian!

No changing of the clocks here ever.

Enjoy the day folks.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:13 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Same as yesterday, morning teens and just above freezing during the day.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Stan - - the spread looks good - - stopped at restaurant coming home from Easter service, but sure going to dip in that ph00 and might have a taco for desert. Yeh...............................

Gorgeous day here also. And that moon last night was extremely nice. Lots on the plate for this week so keep it short. Y'all have a great week, but don't forget the significance of this holiday - - nothing short of amazing.

Thankful Bob
Old 04-01-2018, 01:58 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
What spring? Got a half a foot of white stuff Friday night, Temp's not getting above freezing for a week. 'Nuther half a foot or so coming tomorrow and Tuesday.

Makes one want to step out onto the back porch, look up reverently, and cry, "Uncle".

Pastor commented on wondering what Christian holiday we are celebrating today.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
What spring? Got a half a foot of white stuff Friday night, Temp's not getting above freezing for a week. 'Nuther half a foot or so coming tomorrow and Tuesday.
Let's see - - hmmm??? Oh yeh, Minnesota. Soooo???? What do you expect? How well I remember my days in college up there. I did not even go near my car when it got below -25 - - it would not start. No sense wearing down the battery. Sure was nice the rest of the year.

More ph00 - - - - - - - -
Old 04-01-2018, 06:52 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Just came in from cleaning up under one of the flamboyant trees by the driveway. It has huge seed pods and at this time of year they come down and make a big mess. Also afraid of the pods damaging the paint or denting one of the vehicles, so knocked the remainder off with a long pole. Some of them are about 15" long. Should have worn a hard hat because they HURT when they hit my noggin!

John, time to dig out/ plow out that fiver and come on down. Hate to tell you, but right now it is a gorgeous 82 degrees outside. Very hot in the sun, but the shade feels wonderful.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Afternoon from cool and samp southern West by God Virginia, still trying to get my truck up and running, after dropping two injectors being cheap I thought I could reuse the crossover tubes guess what you cant.
I'm waiting on the new tubes to arrive so I can get back on the road.
​​​​​​​
Old 04-02-2018, 07:32 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Spent the weekend in PA. Looking at a possible new (to me) home. Original house built 1840, and additions added in the 50's and 80's

Lots to think about.
Attached Thumbnails Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7-0330181849_hdr-1.jpg   Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7-0330181849a_hdr-1.jpg   Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7-0331181517-1.jpg  
Old 04-03-2018, 07:49 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Lots to think about indeed....like a new name for you....PATman???
I hope you can come up with something better than that.

Nice looking house and I notice it has a garage for working on the old brick...COOL!

Acting like spring up here yesterday..,but they are calling for snow again towards the weekend.
Sloppy wet snow over rutted, muddy backroads are always fun.

Another few weeks, to wash away the salt, and I hope to be able to pull out the 1st gens for the summer. I need a little more time to finish up the winter to do list on them anyway.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:29 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Yeah... A new name. Won't be a. VTTMan, anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Garage is 2.5 wide, and somewhere about 60' deep. The stream behind the house is beautiful, but a little unnerving to me, being so close. Could throw a bid anytime, but a lot of things to think about.....first
Old 04-04-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Could throw a bid anytime, but a lot of things to think about.....first
Boy, is that ever a "TALL" statement. Way too much to think about right now. Stock market. Three pieces of property getting ready to sell. Where to live when one of them happens? It is scary at times.

Fresh coffee and ph00 on - - get outside and direct the guys working here on where and how. Then over to the other house and do some work myself. Think I will pour mine and have a blueberry muffin to settle down a bit. I will leave some on the counter. Have fun. Gorgeous day outside.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the coffee Bob off to more adventure today latter
Old 04-05-2018, 06:27 AM

Morning -- coffee pots are still full - - - where is everyone? Oh well, emptied them and got out the smaller pots. Fresh coffee and ph00 are on the counter. Also brought in some banana/pecan pancakes along with maple syrup - - they will need warming up in micro. Careful, they are thick and filling. Also a bowl of mixed fruit is in the fridge.

Back to the other house for more sorting, packing, cleaning, fixing today - - after the dentist at 10am. Nice guy on the golf course - - do not like him at all in his office. ..........

Ph00 - - - ..................
Old 04-05-2018, 06:57 AM

Good morning peoples, sheeples or whatever you think that you are today. I KNOW what I am - all day, every day!

Thanks Bob for the pancakes. Darn, sitting down and enjoying them is going to make me late for work. Oh wait, I am retired, so don't work. Weeeellll, maybe I do not work in the traditional sense, but why then am I like BusyBob and busier than that old right handed, one armed paper hanger that lost his right arm?

Plumbing job to do today. Working on a CPVC leak. The leak is in the middle of a series of elbows and tees. all very close coupled, so need to cut out a large section of complex plumbing, including one valve and replace everything. Got fooled the first time that I bought the parts as all the pipes are painted white, so just assumed (***-u ......) that it was PVC. Bought the PVC parts and started to cut out the old plumbing. That is when I realized that it was not PVC. So back to the plumbing store to exchange everything that I had bought.

Beautiful days down here, but we need some rain. The rainy season should start in about a month. That reminds me, need to go and reseal some large windows before the rain hits. Some of the caulking is getting old, so has pulled away from the glass. The sun down here eats everything manmade.

OK, pancake down the hatch, so am outahere.

Quick Reply: Spring forward DTR breakroom, April 1 -7