Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spring Break BreakRoom March 17 - 23

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 11:51 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
All good people were built in March!
You got that right!!! I just had one on the 16th....Happy birthday to me.....Happy birthday to me.....well, somebody had to sing it cuz all of you's forgot!!

You People sleep tight........and don't let the bedbugs bite!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:50 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

All good people were built in March!
Dang, I was sure Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin and Pol Pot were all born in March. Turns out it was just Scot.

By the way chaikwa, that link you made me click on the other day reminded me:

There was a sick old Gaucho named Bruno,
Who said Sí, there is one thing I do know.
Now goats are just fine, and sheep are divine
But the Llama, now she's número uno.

Almost ready to hit the road. So excited.

edit: Aaaaagg, Somebody please bring me the plunger STAT!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:51 AM
DTR Mom

Barkyboy, you will have fresh, pure sweet syrup sent anywhere you find yourself. If you wake up confused, face down somewhere, it may be the least of your problems....

Tallguy too, sending the very light stuff out to just below the Rockies.

that's the fun of making it, sharing it.

I had coffee two days ago. sheesh.....where's the OFF switch?!

Hey JH Texas multitasker!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty

There are 4 foot high snow drifts in the city...higher ones across the Trans Canada Highway here.

Time to go listen to that Llama Song again...it helped yesterday in the white out!
It even made the news here in Denmark, "a 3 mile long carcrash near Edmonton, 100 people injured and at least 200 vehicles involved."

BTW Scotty, if that Llama song make you feel better, I´m not convinced that you´re out of the meds...

You too? I have one NEXT week! So does *SOMEONE* else here! All good people
were built in March!
I have to disagree, me, David Bowie and Elvis Presley disagree..
Coffee is on, phoo too.

Slev
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
OK, where is that crazee janitor again? Probably still in the sack with a grin on his face while others do his work for him. See, that's what is wrong in this country -- too many expect others to provide for them instead of taking some responsibility for themselves. Now, I take my ph00 as it comes from the pot and I am still in the sack - - BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!......................

Originally Posted by Bark
For a sec I thought you were blaming welding for your heart attack. 50 bags of mulch!! If its the 2cuF bags that adds up. Have fun. Busy packing stuff up so I can escape to the sun.
It's the 2cf stuff - - red in color - - we use a lot of that down here. Sets off the planting areas. I have the stuff hidden behind bushes all over the place plus a stack in the garage (the blonde always loves that - - you keep that stuff away from my new car - - - yah yah yadda yadda - - - OUCH, I didn't mean it - - please don't). Hey Bark, drive safe - - don't hide in a snow bank.

OK off to spend some more money and get more stuff to make me work some more and have lunch with friends. See ya,

Bobby
Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Good morning JWBM, Bobby, Barky.......and Scott, wherever he's hiding out at! Nice weather kinda went away for us......was looking for that 80* stuff for the next couple days but it seems some of our northern members had other plans. Not even 70* for the high today. On a good note, we might get some rain!!! You know that's bad when March ain't even over and you're already praying for the wet stuff.

Since the subject was brought up.....Happy Birthday to all of yous' who's having one.

Praying for the families of the soldiers killed at Quantico!!!!!
Stay safe today. Later.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Off meds for some is different then others. lol
The highways here in Saskatchewan are a mess with many still closed. I can't get out of the city.

We watched a truck jack knife with a cattle liner on the way home on Wednesday. The truck was flipped upside down with the trailer on top...the driver crawled out...safe.

That pile up by Leduc Alberta was a bad one. I know exactly where that happened. Very dangerous on the roads right now. More snow headed our way. I may not get outta here til Sunday or Monday.

Mom, I run on the side of caution more now...thanks for the concern...appreciated.

Go Bobby go...carefully.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Very dangerous on the roads right now. More snow headed our way. I may not get outta here til Sunday or Monday.
Go Bobby go...carefully.
Hey, that's not fair - - you guys have really had it bad. Sun is out bright, pushing back toward the 60 mark right now and heading for 77 for a high - - little brisk last night - - way down to 50 - - brrrr. Drive safe. Stay home by the fire and cuddle up.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another fine morning I couldn't get signed in here. I see everyone got their coffee and ph00. That's all that counts!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good evening all y'all.

JWBM - I am not sure if this would help with the sap boiling or not but it worth a thought. When we are canning in the fall, we need a lot of boiling water. We used to use the stove but that was SLOW!!!! I went to BassPro and bought two major propane burners. They are the kind that you use under a turkey fryer. They were not expensive. I think I paid about $40 each. When they get going on full power they boil the water seriously quickly. Surely you have some kind of outdoor outfitter nearby - Cabella's or something. Propane burners are fast to come up to temperature and you can control the heat really well. I use the standard (20lb I think) propane tanks but if I was using the burners a lot I would probably buy the larger (40lb) tanks.

Scotty - sorry about the weather. Yesterday's storm missed me but not by much. In downtown Calgary we got a gentle breeze and a few snowflakes. DW kept updating me from home all day, 30mph winds, rain before dawn and then snow all day. Things let up just before I got home. Luckily, there wasn't much accumulation. 3 hrs (180 miles) north of here the highway just south of Edmonton was finally closed. There was a huge pileup with over 100 vehicles involved. Luckily there was only one serious injury. Soem guy was standing outside his vehicle surveying the damage from his accident when a semi came over the hill he had just climbed. The semi was unable to stop and the poor dude ended up on the ground between the rear wheels. He got lucky that he was between the wheel but the contact with the front bumper gave him serious injuries (ya think). It took 12 hours to clear the highway after the police finally closed it.

A friend of mine who lives in Virginia just posted on Facebook asking for help for her parents. The parents are in their early 70's and live on a farm near Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. They are stranded in their house. There is more snow than her dad can clear with his tractor. Mom's brother died yesterday and the parents can't get out to help with arrangements or to go to funeral unless someone with a big tractor stops by to plow out a bit of the road and the drieway. I sure wish I could help. That is a really sad situation.

I am about to have a good week. My company has a rule that if you don't use a previous year's unused vacation days by the end of March then you donate them to the company - no payout. I have 4 days left and next Friday the office is closed for Good Friday. I am using my last 4 days to take all of next week off. Wahoo!!!!! I don't usually check in here during the week because of the amount of time I spend at work. DW seems to feel that the little time I have left when I get home should be spent looking after her and not hanging with all y'all on here. I have to sleep beside her so her opinion wins

Tonight is pool (billiards), wine and fun food. I will check in later.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67

Tonight is pool (billiards), wine and fun food. I will check in later.
We won't hold you to that.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:03 PM
DTR Mom

fly by------snow and wind all day.

Tallone- enjoy those days free! good suggestion! boiling sap with the final process actually less than half inch deep. kinda cool challenge to get a system going that makes it easier on me.

experimented with glass/ceramic containers indoors AND Spring cleaning house. timed well all day, but had a too evaporated boil in a glass cooking vessel.
reached a ladle across the super heated glass....heard the tell tale 'tink' and ran for the living room. explosion rivals C-4a or vault door stuff.

over flowed supper too, more I cleaned the more mess popped up elsewhere.
whupped, shower n bed.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Originally Posted by j_martin
We won't hold you to that.
You don't need to hold me, but I am checking in again
Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have one NEXT week! So does *SOMEONE* else here! All good people were built in March!
*SOMEONE* like me?? Mine is next week as well... although I havent much experience at birthdays.. at least not as much as *SOME*

Quick Reply: Spring Break BreakRoom March 17 - 23