Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Spring Break BreakRoom March 17 - 23

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck to you and your doctors .

As my old doctor once said, looking out over his glasses " ya know, a healthy person is nothing more than a person who has not been examined good enough".

I take his word for it, if you look long enough, sure you´ll find something, if it matters.... that´s another thing.

Slev
Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by slevhansen
" ya know, a healthy person is nothing more than a person who has not been examined good enough".
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Dentist tomorry -
I love my Dentist.
He is so thorough that he starts off every visit with a Prostate exam.
~
Old 03-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back from opthomologist - - some NOT NICE news - -macular degen starting in the left eye now.
just grey out there now and 80 degrees.
Um, Bob? It's sunny. You just can't SEE it!

Seriously tho, sorry to hear about the Mac degen. It IS treatable tho, right? Michael's mother has that in both eyes and has had it for at least 15 years. She can still see pretty well. Doctor told her that most people that have that, if it's treated, die before it gets to a point where they are blind. So see? You'll be dead before you're blind!

Glad I could help!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
I love my Dentist.
He is so thorough that he starts off every visit with a Prostate exam.
~
This is a new dentist to me - - been with the other one for over ten years - - got to the point I was just an open wallet, hardly ever saw him, just his multitude and staff running around like they are scared of getting fired. NOPE, don't need it. This new one advertises he caters to WIMPS. Figured that was just right for me - - hate dentists. .......

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Um, Bob? It's sunny. You just can't SEE it!

Seriously tho, sorry to hear about the Mac degen. It IS treatable tho, right? Michael's mother has that in both eyes and has had it for at least 15 years. She can still see pretty well. Doctor told her that most people that have that, if it's treated, die before it gets to a point where they are blind. So see? You'll be dead before you're blind! Glad I could help!
You are one bundle of joy tonight - - so glad I ran across you at this such critical point in my life as going blind - - you really helped my spirits.............................You are a mess, boy. Funny.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hate dentists..many times i wondered if they have ever been kneed....any whys ..spotted an old dodge for sale...i think im gonna talk with my cousen and see if we cancome up with a reason why it needs the frame repaired and then my wife to see if she likes it...that and its only 44 miles away ..... if i get it then maybe yank the 360 v-8 an put MY 360 with those big spark plugs an that sidewinding whirly gig in itahhhhh im relaxing just thinking about a straight pipe stack barking under load ..........
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Administrator

You are one bundle of joy tonight - - so glad I ran across you at this such critical point in my life as going blind - - you really helped my spirits.............................You are a mess, boy. Funny.
Jeez, try an' help a guy out and what thanks do I get? I don't get no respect I tell ya! Look at the bright side; you're what, 60? 70? I'm only 50-ish and I have so many floaters where ever I look, it's like there are bugs flying around in front of me all the time. By the time I'm your age it oughta be REAL fun. Dr says there's nothing that treats it, just gotta put up with it. Too many years of getting arc flashed and metal fragments stuck to my eyeballs. So while YOUR condition is just a by-product of living so dang long, mine is from my own stupidity. Wanna trade paces?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 PM
DTR Mom

FiverBob, relax and slightly adjust. there are eye excercises to increase focus to minimize macular degeneration. my foster dad had it (71)and read, drove, painted(artist) to 88. lost the close up ingredients type, anything that needed centering (needle and thread). he described it as a center dot with no clear vision. you will still be independent and remain- very Superbob! pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.....

blizzardy drive to sunny Buffalo. Easter Prayer, lobster, chocolate, and bakery fresh rolls rule the day. armfuls of good times with friends.

told from friend's daughter, i inspired her. while flatterring , I am unsure:

she is a top of her class Medical Examiner. graduates in her third year with several job offers, she has already visited Ireland on their dime.
her mother is very proud, but secretly creeped out by the crime scene texts....she hates me.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
there are eye excercises to increase focus to minimize macular degeneration.
That's true. Look up really hard and try to see your eyebrows!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM
DTR Mom

Wink

Barkboy, bout time for you to Come On Down! have very safe travels!
........should I tell him about the ex-con posing as a dentist? naw.....

Hi scottysweetie, nothing personal but I am off this site to sort choclate. got U some good stuff and , appropriately, chocolate sheep snacks.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:10 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by chaikwa
That's true. Look up really hard and try to see your eyebrows!
that's how you know there is no difference between some labs and some humans.......
Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Hi scottysweetie, nothing personal but I am off this site to sort choclate. got U some good stuff and , appropriately, chocolate sheep snacks.

that's how you know there is no difference between some labs and some humans.......
Some labs are more human, or at least BETTER humans, than most humans!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Scotty
The way the Bobxat growled, I think it had a few piles and maybe a (censored).
Originally Posted by Bark

Have to ask Heidi if you can tell if a Bobcat has rabies by looking at their piles.
Heidi avoids anything that growls with that big of a mouth.....

had a once in a lifetime opportunity at Disneyworld (FL) right place, right time and begged really effectively: was at the tiger enclosure gate Animal kingdom thingy talking with handler guy about tiger stuff. my dream to pet a tiger. Vet was doing routine fluid draws, tiger knocked out till tuesday. Handler asked permission, vet said we could use a hand, clean up first. best 20 minutes ever! but i got to palpate every tendon, claw, muscle, pad, skin and fur. what power! the teeth are beyond killing machines even for metal....I want to stay about a half mile away from a tiger now. photos are fine, thanks.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Neat stuff. One of the cats we got stuck with after the kids left was 12lbs of solid muscle (his name was Squint).
I cannot fathom getting chased by a 500lb tiger.

Barkboy, bout time for you to Come On Down! ........should I tell him about the ex-con posing as a dentist? naw.....
Because of Sister in-law (long stupid story) now we don't get to be in Seattle until Friday.
Was supposed to meet up at a great Pho soup place on Thursday evening with the kids.
Had my mouth set on it. Got to get out of this state before my wifes family drives us both nuts.

- so glad I ran across you at this such critical point in my life as going blind -
Yeah, chaikwa's bit about being dead before you go blind is pretty inspiring.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:12 PM
DTR Mom

duck dynasty has just appeared on the screen. I must go and join the mayhem.....

happy to ease your misery...the soup wasn't that good tonight. hope that obvious lie works...........gosh that was such terrific food- with ambiance!!! ahhhhhhhhhh.......cigars and brandy at the fireplace...
Old 03-20-2013, 10:42 PM

My idea of a good cigar used to be Swisher Sweets.
Daughter in-law is a real aficionado so she fixes me up with a good one when in Seattle.
However, she has still not convinced me that it is worth risking the fine to bring Cuban's in from Canada.

Scot, Scotty, Anyone! Check it out.
http://www.google.com/search?q=corne...ml%3B720%3B411
Cornelis van Leemputten (real name) (1841–1902).
The guy spent his life painting sheep.
He painted some of them different colors, do you know how hard it is to keep a sheep still while you paint it?.
There is one coming up at Christie's next month. Sure would look good in the Breakroom and they really don't eat much.
A chance like this doesn't come up very often.

Quick Reply: Spring Break BreakRoom March 17 - 23