Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sorry..

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Sorry..

How do they say OOP'S my bad?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...in_underground
Old 07-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that will learn the next innocent person to run from the po po. tsk tsk tsk, can't outrun lead poisoning
Old 07-24-2005, 09:21 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

There are some times when you run from the police....

Like being in LA, high on dope in a stolen ride... run... run till the car blows up.

If your in a city that has had two bombings in a month, its not a good time to wear a bulky coat and go for a run towards a subway...

Lets face it, st00pidity sucks...
Old 07-25-2005, 05:25 AM

Lot of coverage on CNN Europe, and Swiss TV. From what the news reports showed and told, it appears that the shooting was justified. Dressed as he was, running from the police, jumping over a turnstile. This was just after the bombings.
On the train from Bern to Germany, there were 2 Bazilians in our compartment. When the German police checked their passports they looked closly, including holding it up to the light. Also had the supervisor there. Then ask where they were going, and what their busness was.
One was a chemical engeneer, the other a technician, on their way to Stuttgart.

Davey
Old 07-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned

I love the stupid rhetoric some of the "organizations" can put forth:

...from the story: "The Islamic Human Rights Commission said "in the current climate of anti-Muslim hysteria, IHRC fears that innocent people may lose their lives due to the new shoot to kill policy."

Iqbal Sacranie, secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, said,"It's absolutely vital that the utmost care is taken to ensure that innocent people are not killed due to overzealousness."
Old 07-25-2005, 12:47 PM

When will people learn that you should not run from the cops unless you are doing something that you are ready to lose your life over....then if you run expect to be shot.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by MCMLV
I love the stupid rhetoric some of the "organizations" can put forth:

...from the story: "The Islamic Human Rights Commission said "in the current climate of anti-Muslim hysteria, IHRC fears that innocent people may lose their lives due to the new shoot to kill policy."

Iqbal Sacranie, secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, said,"It's absolutely vital that the utmost care is taken to ensure that innocent people are not killed due to overzealousness."
Forgive me for thinking that if the organization was all that concerned with innocent lives, then they would be fighting terrorists instead of stumping for them.

Unless, of course, they meant innocent Muslims, since by Islamic definition, all others are FAR from innocent.

jlh
Old 07-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I heard one idiot on a talk radio show this morning say that he feared the "police state" more than he does terrorists.

I've gotta say....had I been the London police in this situtation I think I would have done exactly what they did. Think about it...there had already been one attack, a second attack was thwarted, and now you have a very suspicious man running TOWARDS the trains filled with people as police are yelling for him to stop. If you're the cop, you have a fraction of a second to decided whether to shoot the guy or let him go (and possibly set off a bomb that would kill 50 people). It's unfortunate that the man was killed, but it was his own stupidity (combined with the acts of terrorists) that got him killed. I guess you could call it a casualty of war. Like I said, it's unfortunate, but given the situation the cops were put in at that split second I think they had no other choice.

That's just my opinion though.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by HOHN
Forgive me...
You are forgiven, not by the Muslims, but at least by this infidel
Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The rest of the world that is putting down the way the police handled it ought too put their self in that situation and have too react in a split second. . I guess they would have done things differently if they had had 4 days too analize it like the rest of world after the fact. Its not easy to make a split second decision when your life and the life of others depend on you. I bet these people ever need them they will be the first to call the police for help!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:40 PM

Dark skinned black haired feller with a back pack running from the cops in a country full of lilly white folks with bad teeth who've just been bombed by dark skinned fellers with jackets and backpacks. And the media doesn't think he asked to be shot? Can't take the chance. The cops have learned their lessons. They reacted accordingly. It's time tourists wake up and learn some lessons. Probably be a good idea to not resemble a terrorist. And if you happen to be dark skinned feller in a country full of lilly white folks with bad teeth who just got bombed by dark skinned fellers, ya might not want to run toward a crowded public place while the cops are telling you to stop. Too bad the electrician used very poor judgement.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
With in the next year or two I will be taking the BLET course, I have been "around" law enforcement all my life, my dad just retired LEO 30+ years . I know for a fact that all the training in the world will not prepare you for the training your going too get when your out there on the steet. It is a thankless job , if they think its so easy why don't they put on the badge? They will find out that everyone is not your friend, they don't like you our want you there until somthing happens in their backdoor and want you too come help them. Yeah they can call me a PIG = PRIDE INTEGRETY & GUTS!!!! something they don't have.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My brother one of the marines told me (in tears) that he had done several things while in Bahrain during the invasion of Iraq that he was not proud of.

He then proceded to tell me that the people there would strap bombs to their children and send them running towards U.S. troops!!!

" Two of them expoloded, the third one died instantly bomb still intact."

Imagine if the police had not acted in Britain and the package was delivered!!

50-100 more innocent lives could have been lost on a subway platform, just trying to get to or from work/school.

I admire and respect those willing to give their lives to keep their/our country safe! It takes one hell of a commitment and fortitude which **** few people have now days!

Rick