Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Reason not to buy a FEMA trailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the one thing I point out to everyone I know, You never heard anyone from MS asking for handouts like the folks in NO, LA. BTW I'm all for family strength.

Chad
Old 07-20-2007, 07:48 PM

Yeah , where else would you hear of people sitting waiting for Greyhounds when a hurricane was coming ? Or have a Congressman commandeer a couple of National Guard vehicles to drive through flooded streets so he could get his kickback money out of his house ?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:57 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by simplysmn
Whats funny or sad however you look at it is the GSA site is selling theses trailers and still pulling 6 to 8 grand from each of the trailers If they are so bad why are people still buying them ? Makes you wander
What would you pay for a travel trailer frame, tanks, pumps, and all the running gear. The exterior is probably decent, a couple grand to redo the interiro and your still in for less, even if you have to gut the place.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by chadc
If these people don't like they're living conditions, than they should get off of the butts and do something about it. Instead of asking us (taxpayers) for more, they should get up get out and find some sort of work. I'm so tired of these people getting hand outs while I work my tail off for what I got. If I offend someone you have my apologies, but these people need to step up and start fixing their own problems instead of asking for more handouts. If living in a trailer long term is bad than why do people keep them for so long as recreation vehicles? If they are emitting bad chemicals and other stuff with people in them, wouldn't they do the same while sitting in storage waiting to be used?

Chad
well said!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
What would you pay for a travel trailer frame, tanks, pumps, and all the running gear. The exterior is probably decent, a couple grand to redo the interiro and your still in for less, even if you have to gut the place.
These trailers don't have holding tanks and you may have problems disposing of the insulation . No matter what you do to it it's still a FEMA trailer and easily identified as one .
Old 07-21-2007, 07:19 AM

i looked on a sight the oter day and it said that the smell inside a new car or truck is also damaging to your health
Old 07-21-2007, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by LOGAN
why in gods name dont they stop the camper people from putting the crap in the trailers in the first place. FEMA is the biggest joke in the world. i refuse to do FEMA work for people when im in florida cause i know i wont get paid. moving them to indian reservations seems like a really bright idea, didnt we already do this kind of thing once to them *cough* poisioned blankets *cough*.
My wife won't set foot in a new RV because the chemicals they use make her deathly ill. Even I can't breathe very well in them. I just don't understand why they need to use that crap, and I agree the government needs to step in and stop it.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by edwinsmith
I seriously doubt that there is a significant problem. These people just like to complain and they know if they yell they can get attention and more money. I live in a 5th wheel and I have bad allergies but it's from the outside air and not the materials of the trailer. These trailers are built from mostly the same stuff that regular houses are built from except for the sheet rock and other heavy stuff. This is just mass hysteria promoted by sympathetic news hounds who need something to put on TV for the 10:00 news.

Edwin
How do you know your trailer is not causing, or at least contributing to, your allergy problems? Maybe you should have someone bring some detection machinery in and find out for sure. Or maybe it's not that important to you.

BTW my wife wants us to buy a 5th wheel and travel when she retires. What brand do you recommend?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:57 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by ramcat
My wife won't set foot in a new RV because the chemicals they use make her deathly ill. Even I can't breathe very well in them. I just don't understand why they need to use that crap, and I agree the government needs to step in and stop it.
do you want your travel trailer, truck, furniture, whatever sitting on the shelf when you want to buy it or would you rather wait for it to show up and then have to clean the stale rotten smell out of it?

Do you want cheap, fresh fruits and vegitables or do you want absolutely no chemicals used when they are grown?
Do you want cheap, tasty, available meats, or do you want go find and process it yourself.

Im not ranting at you (ramcat) specifically, just everyone that whines about everything should be organic and chemical free and then cries about the cost.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
formaldehyde (sp?) is used to keep dead bodies from rotting, so what do you think it will do to a living body.........
Old 07-21-2007, 11:45 AM

>Im not ranting at you (ramcat) specifically, just everyone that whines about everything should be organic and chemical free and then cries about the cost.<

Not whining and not crying about the cost. Would you use Chinese toothpaste treated with antifreeze? Would you feed your cat or dog Chinese pet food? Would you eat Chinese meat and fish that have been treated with formaldehyde or whatever it is they use to make the rotting meat they send over here look fresh?

Or would you pay higher prices here in America for fresh food and clean toothpaste? For chemical-free RVs? I know what my choice would be. And if I have to pay higher prices for American goods I can trust, so be it.

I want our tariff system reinstated so we can keep garbage out of our country. Make the importers pay the same manufacturing costs American companies have to pay. That's a level playing field.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by chadc
That's the one thing I point out to everyone I know, You never heard anyone from MS asking for handouts like the folks in NO, LA. BTW I'm all for family strength.

Chad
BRAVO!! My company was the first to get rv's into Biloxi, MS after Katrina. We were there 2 days after the hurricane hit and spent all of Labor Day weekend running back & forth from PA to MS. The manufacturer had taken donations from their employees to load up the units with cases of water, clothing, and non-perishable foods.
We also took units to LA later, loaded with cases of water.
I personally couldn't believe the DIFFERENCE in attitude from the recipients between LA & MS. Without pointing fingers, I will tell you that I refused loads to LA and focused my resources, 5 other drivers plus myself, on helping the folks in MS.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4..3...2....1...... Get yer lawyers ready!! *Cough *cough, I'm sick.