General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Any Reason NOT to Buy a GMC w/ Duramax??

Old 09-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably in the next 6 months or so I will be getting a company car. When that happens, my wife and I are thinking of trading in both of our vehicles for one family vehicle.

Surprisingly, even though she wants a Tahoe or Yukon, she isn't 100% opposed to getting a truck.

I'm thinking of taking a look at the GMC 2500 crew cab trucks with the Duramax. They have a bigger crew cab and with their new 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty I'm thinking it might be worth checking into.

My dad has a Duramax and absolutely loves it. Any reason NOT to get one?
Old 09-22-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
I'm thinking of taking a look at the GMC 2500 crew cab trucks with the Duramax. They have a bigger crew cab and with their new 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty I'm thinking it might be worth checking into.
That 5yr warranty is only the powertrain. It's not bumper to bumper. I work @ a GM dealer and well, you see what I drive Hoss.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:53 PM

Here come all the cement bed liner people out of the wood work , Hoss you just love to throw gas on a fire and asking on a Dodge site if I should by a Chevy should bring some heat . The crew cab on the Dodge is bigger and I have yet to see a American auto maker back there warranty worth much . In my book Chevy , Ford and Dodges warranty have all been a joke . Unless you have a real good dealer by you the 100,000 would do little to impress me . I am so tired of letting someone with a pea brain work on my truck it is just easyer to do it right myself .
Old 09-22-2006, 07:39 PM

I can't think of any reason why YOU should not buy one. They are the BEST truck out there and sounds like it would make the wife really happy. Be sure to post pics of the new rig so we can all enjoy.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:50 PM

The only reason i can think of is that its not a CUMMINS I think a few other people will agree with me.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:53 PM

I think Hoss is running out of material to harass us with and is thinking about finding some new blood over on the Duramax site . I got to give him a lot of credit if he is willing to drive a inferior truck for that privilege . I got one bag of ready mix for a parting gift I will br glad to send postage due for the new truck , hope it can handle the load !
Old 09-22-2006, 07:56 PM

My neighbor just bought one and it is a very nice truck!!!..

I took a look under the hood and there is not much room in there to work on it if anything goes worng... and as far as four wheel drives go I just prefer the solid front axle as opposed to the IFS.

I think between dodge and chey it is what ever you like!!..

Buy it and have fun...
Old 09-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah, the Chevy/GMC/Duramax websites called and said they were all in agreement
that they'd pay us anything to keep you over here..........
Old 09-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Banned

Put down the beer and back up reeaaaalllllll slow

I almost bought one until they quoted me the price. $6,000 more than the dodge. I wanted to try one just to see what all the hype was all about. I'am curious, not stupid
Old 09-22-2006, 08:49 PM

my father bought one

we pick it up next week. It has a lot of bells and whistles, and runs pretty strong.

He had a 99 quad cab, good truck. Totally rotted out

Im sure it is a nice ride thats what he is looking for.

If he needs to tow something I suppose I would let him take my dodge
Old 09-22-2006, 09:11 PM

I test drove an 06 3500 maxed out with options.... loud turbo noise with it being almost between the engine and fire wall, but some of ya'll like a loud turbo
Old 09-22-2006, 09:21 PM

Why not a FORD

We'll fellas, at least he hasn't been to the Ford lot.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:41 PM

I like the Duramax, but I will never give up my 12v...

Light Duty vs. Medium Duty
Old 09-22-2006, 10:43 PM

Whatever happened to the idea of getting a family CAR?

I grew up in a family (on a farm) where the TRUCK was simply - and only - a truck, and our CAR was what we used for most family errends, trips, etc.

But then, we didn't have a boat, an RV trailer, etc. And we got along just fine.

You have to get what you think will work for your family. The point is, most of us (myself included) could probably do with a lot less that we already have. Good luck - I'd love to have an '03 6-speed (GMC or Dodge) myself...but I'll do without a payment, thanks.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Banned

Hoss my mom has an 03 Dmax crew cab 4wd short bed. It's got close to 80k on it and the first 70k were put on in 2 years. It's pulled all sorts of trailers, it's been drag raced, power braked, hot rodded, and just generally beat on by my right foot and the only problem with it is the check engine light is on and nobody knows why. Truck runs perfect, gets 16mpg on the highway, about 10-11 towing, and runs great while doing it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Reason NOT to Buy a GMC w/ Duramax??