General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Any Reason NOT to Buy a GMC w/ Duramax??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
YES! FINALLY!!!

Hoss is a converting to a being a Duramaxipad user!!!

I knew that all that B.S. you spewed about," Cummins being the only truck you'd ever own", was just that!

That is funny right there I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE THAT IS FUNNY!! .......................

Rick
Old 09-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Me wonders if this is just Hoss's latest "Let's see what I can post to stir up the site" thread.

Notice he has not posted since he started this one...............
Old 09-25-2006, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoss, If you're looking for more back seat room I would go with the Chevy/GMC even the two door X-cabs have more room then the 4dr X cab Dodges.

From what I have seen the Duramaxx is a very stout engine. My dad owned a 98 Gmc Dually with the 6.5l Diesel(Not a Duramaxx) that thing always had 3,000lbs of tools in the bed and when he pulled a trailer it would not weigh less then 10,000lb. It all depends on the truck each on has it problems and they differ from each person. Personally I think the Newest body style GMCs(with the rounded headlight corner) Duallys look alot morre aggressive from the front and rear then a Dodge Dually does.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Me wonders if this is just Hoss's latest "Let's see what I can post to stir up the site" thread.

Notice he has not posted since he started this one...............
Ed, Ed, Ed...would I do something like that? Come on man...you're going to hurt my feeling.

Now...seriously...I love my truck. The only two things I would change on it are the rear cab (I wish it were bigger) and the fact that it's 2WD (I don't need 4WD but I like the way they look). Chances are that this isn't going to happen anyway. My wife, even though she hasn't said no, would really prefer a Yukon or Yukon XL. As a compromise, I'd try to make it a 3/4 Ton Yukon XL (preferably with Duramax but I don't think that is offered as an option).

Either way, it doesn't really matter at this point. Until I get a company car we're keeping what we have.

P.S. Whoever said the Dodge Crew cab was bigger than the Chevy / GMC crew cab has not been in both like I have. The standard Dodge crew cab is MUCH smaller than both Ford and Chevy's crew cab...and the mega cab just looks funny to me.

P.S.S. Whoever said we should just get a car, I don't like cars. I've never driven anything but a truck.

P.S.S.S. It's obvious from the responses that you fellas can't bear the thought of losing me to the Duramax forums, so at least for the time being, you don't have to worry. I'm not going anywhere.

P.S.S.S.S. How many P.S.'s are you allowed to have anyway? I could keep this going a VERY long time if I wanted to.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
Ed, Ed, Ed...would I do something like that? Come on man...you're going to hurt my feeling.

You and Blue, the two men with one "feeling", I wonder which one it is!!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:49 PM

That was inappropriate.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:51 PM

That was inappropriate.

aw come on!!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hoss in a GM.... the frost is creeping in on hades.

I'll bet if Hoss walked into a GM dealer and said; "Hi, I'm Hoss from DTR and I would like to buy a GM truck with a Dmax." They would turn you down. They know you will do nothing but bad mouth them and the truck for the next 10 years. They know who you are, and your DTR reputation.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:08 PM

That would be Hades.

You mean my reputation as a fine, upstanding citizen??

EDIT: You're not allowed to go back and correct your spelling after I have already corrected it for you. That is against Rule #107.3-A on page 239 of the "Rules for Harassment" guide book.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:19 PM

You mean my reputation as a fine, upstanding citizen??
Why sure...if you say so.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:21 PM

EDIT: You're not allowed to go back and correct your spelling after I have already corrected it for you. That is against Rule #107.3-A on page 239 of the "Rules for Harassment" guide book.
Article #107.3-B says I have 3 mins to look up the correct spelling if spell check doesn't catch it.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:59 PM

You must have the old edition.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:15 PM

just brought home the new duramax. The truck is pretty nice, very quiet, very comfy. It seems to be a little choppy on the ride part. The allison trans is nice, you can shift it manually if you want. the truck is fast, however i did beat dad home with my dodge I like the interior, way better than mine, however it always feels good to get back in my truck. I dont think i would trade it for any new truck, not even a new dodge
Old 09-25-2006, 07:21 PM

I think the Dmaxes are great POVs, cruising, stoplight wars, Sunday morning duty and the like - but I'm convinced Cummins/Dodge is the choice for heavy-duty, working trucks that will just keep on driving.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:37 PM

I test drove one on Sat. A 3500 4x4 dually crew cab. I already ordered my dodge but wanted to make sure I made the right decision. I test drove the dodge, then went and test drove the chevy, then sat back in the dodge, all within 2 hours. I like the how the dodge looks on the outside, the chev gets the nod in the power category, the auto tranny in the GM is very nice and gets the nod, the six speed manual in the dodge gets the nod because gm doesnt have one, the interior of the dodge is nicer, the dodge has more options, the seats are better in the GM, ALOT BETTER, the dodge looks like a truck, GM reminds me of a car, and the dodge cost me 2700 dollars less. If the GM was the same price, it would have been a hard decision. The wife would rather have the auto and the GM just seemed to fit better. The crew cab is bigger on the GM as well. I like the solid axle, it sits up higher, and the dodge looks like a REAL truck. Motors were real close in noise. Hard to say this, but if GM would have dropped there price 2700 bucks, I prob would have ordered a GM. But, that didnt happen and I will be glad with the dodge.

Quick Reply: Any Reason NOT to Buy a GMC w/ Duramax??