Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Public Apology

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Public Apology

I received a private message about my vulgar language in a recent post. I think I have become a victim of modern media. I'm very sorry to offend anyone. I was totally out of line. Instead of saying heck, I came off with Edit I must have been in a fit of rage. So please accept my apology. I did not mean to offend anyone.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Weird world ah? What is this country coming to!

Lawmaker Comes Down on Plastic Gonads

Copyrighted material removed
Old 02-24-2007, 01:25 PM

^^ lol, I have noticed a recent influx of bull ********* in md lately!! Also, I said "*****" so I'm also very sorry if I offended anyone..
Old 02-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by PZM123
I received a private message about my vulgar language in a recent post. I think I have become a victim of modern media. I'm very sorry to offend anyone. I was totally out of line. Instead of saying heck, I came off with Edit I must have been in a fit of rage. So please accept my apology. I did not mean to offend anyone.
Just follow the forum rules and you won't have any issues. I am including a copy of them here so you can become familiar with them.

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
JohnInNH - What part of "© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed." did you not understand?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
WHOOPS!
The large print giveth, the small print taketh away...
Old 02-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Chapter President

Yeah, pay attention to that "partially spelled word" part....it can bite you in the.........behind..... Just go on as normal, you just have to stop your thoughts before they reach your fingers, then make sure nothing slips out. If it looks questionalbe...use something else. Take it from me, I have learned and found notes in my email from Top explaining this to me. I think he has finally beaten it through my thick skull!! Thanks for not kicking me off the planet Top!!!

Shawn
Old 02-24-2007, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Just follow the forum rules and you won't have any issues. I am including a copy of them here for you so you can become familiar with them.

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.
I applaud you and the rest of the admins for enforcing this Top. I like a site that is OK for my 7 yr old son to sit and look at with me.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron Mike
I applaud you and the rest of the admins for enforcing this Top. I like a site that is OK for my 7 yr old son to sit and look at with me.
Thanks Mike, thats the reason we do it.

This site is getting 2 million hits a day world wide and we have many women and children as members. We just want the place friendly for them as well.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wannadiesel
JohnInNH - What part of "© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed." did you not understand?
Nah, it's okay. I have written permission from the website owners that it's okay to reproduce information.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:41 PM

So, all this began with what is just one the latest wastes of taxpayers dollars - legislation regarding fake Bull's Parts on trucks in MD? Just a week or so ago AZ failed to pass similar legislation, their debate was quite lengthy, and included more than Bull's parts, chrome pieces forund on mudflaps that were sexually suggestive, bumper stickers with suggestive pics and phrases, flags other than our national symbol - to include confederate and Mexican, etc. Here in NM our legislators spent tons of legislative time AND tax dollars debating/declaring our state tie - the bolo into an official declaration.

Wouldn't one think that there might be more important issues for our states to be pondering? They should leave all the other less-important things for us to ponder (like the fake Bull's parts maybe). I get it that we ae kind of like the family channel on this site, and I further am very happy to see so many people enjoying this site-adults and children alike. Maybe we need a single topic area-with a password protection-just for these type of adult topics? Also, rather than get in some kind of copywrite issue, why not just post the link to the article? If it is one of these 'testy' type issues, make a reference that it is. By the way, the Bull's parts stuff made a front page picture on one of the MD papers, really stirred up people, so I can see where it is truly a 'testy' topic, but a funny one none-the-less.

CD
Old 02-24-2007, 07:51 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Read my post on this thread..

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...=116104&page=9

As long as you go by that rule, you will always be okay.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Banned

Begle finally did it. I guess his red boxes were terminal.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigNasty
Begle finally did it. I guess his red boxes were terminal.
Poor Begle. It's a sad day.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned

takes a big man to apologize in public. some folks would have come back on here and started a slamfest against the moderators and admins. good for you buddy

Quick Reply: Public Apology