Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Public Apology

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you for standing fast on high moral ground, and for up holding family values, it is appreciated.

Thank you, Tim
Old 02-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CD in NM
So, all this began with what is just one the latest wastes of taxpayers dollars - legislation regarding fake Bull's Parts on trucks in MD? Just a week or so ago AZ failed to pass similar legislation, their debate was quite lengthy, and included more than Bull's parts, chrome pieces forund on mudflaps that were sexually suggestive, bumper stickers with suggestive pics and phrases, flags other than our national symbol - to include confederate and Mexican, etc. Here in NM our legislators spent tons of legislative time AND tax dollars debating/declaring our state tie - the bolo into an official declaration.

Wouldn't one think that there might be more important issues for our states to be pondering? They should leave all the other less-important things for us to ponder (like the fake Bull's parts maybe). I get it that we ae kind of like the family channel on this site, and I further am very happy to see so many people enjoying this site-adults and children alike. Maybe we need a single topic area-with a password protection-just for these type of adult topics? Also, rather than get in some kind of copywrite issue, why not just post the link to the article? If it is one of these 'testy' type issues, make a reference that it is. By the way, the Bull's parts stuff made a front page picture on one of the MD papers, really stirred up people, so I can see where it is truly a 'testy' topic, but a funny one none-the-less.

CD
So what's next, big brother will probably tell us the the word "Cummins" on our trucks MIGHT be mistaken for a sexually oriented word? Quick everybody take off their badging before another law is passed...
Old 02-25-2007, 03:47 PM

Think of it this way - either the Bulls parts or the sexually explicit name of our engine manufacturer will spark a conversation with your teenager on the topic of sex!! Goes to show where the 'critics and naysayers or is that naylookers have been trolling with their minds doesn't it? also, those same critics of it all are not up to speed anyway because the discussion NOW needs to take place with 4th or 5th grade kids. and YES debadging, debumpersticking, de-? has to take place if you are planning a trip to MD. OOPS - I mean Maryland, wouldn't want to confuse that with Medical Doctor.

CD
Old 02-25-2007, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wannadiesel
JohnInNH - What part of "© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed." did you not understand?
Ever hear of the Fair Use doctrine?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump......
Old 02-26-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
Thanks. We do appreciate the positive comments. Some people just don't get the fact that you CAN have an opinion here, as long as you express it respectfully. For some reason, certain people just don't understand the fact that you have to be respectful here, and if their post is changed or removed, they automatically think we disagree with them. That's absolutely not the case. There are many people I disagree with here, but they know how to state their opinion without disrespecting other users. Guess what? They never have a problem with being warned or banned from here. I'll never understand why some people just cannot seem to grasp this concept.
Jack, I think you are missing something. It's not that people don't understand that you have to be respectful, it's that they don't know what respectful is. Not sure why, but it seems that people just don't care about each other as much. The main thing I don't get is this is YOUR site. You can do whatever you want with it. People need to play by your rules or leave. If we have diffirent definitions of profanity, then look at the forum rules to see which one YOU HAVE to abide by to stay on this site. Not had to do, at least I thought so.... Way to keep things clean. I know I wouldn't want your job. Too many morons/pig headed people to deal with.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jfpointer
Ever hear of the Fair Use doctrine?
You can link to it. Just don't copy and paste it.

It is Jack and Larry's site, so we get to follow their rules, definitions or respect/profanity/etc... I may not agree with every rule, I won't say weather I do or not because since I choose to stay (without having to pay) then I am bound by their rules.