Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Police - Good vs bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:54 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
That Trooper is our very own Jack Thorpe, My partner here and Founder of this Forum If you knew Jack you would understand that there simply was no way he was going to let those children out of his site until he KNEW they were taken care of. That is his nature and any other action would simply go against his grain...He is most definitely one of the Good Guys

I am like you, I had my share of traffic violations over the years..... I EARNED every single one of them The Officer in each case was merely doing the job that I as a Citizen pay them to do and I too just told the truth when asked.

I was pulled over one time in my 1970 Firebird after rebuilding the motor with some high HP goodies. It was an early Sunday morning and not a soul on the Interstate when I laid the hammer down and out of nowhere I saw a red light way off in the distance behind me

I pulled over and was sitting on the truck waiting on him when the Trooper arrived and yelled at me "How the 'blank" fast were you going "blank ?" I told him "I don't know, but I was Flying! "He said you sure as heck were.... I was doing 135 and you were pulling away from me "

I went on to tell him that I had just finished a major build on the engine after working all night on it and just wanted to see what it would do since the road was empty. He thanked me for not telling him I was doing 55 and wrote me up for 65 ... He told me it would cost 15 dollars and to just mail it in (1973 prices)

Yep Honesty can go along way with those guys, they hear lies all day long and have got to appreciate honesty when they see it. BTW....the speedometer in my Firebird went to 160 and I had it buried To this day I have no idea where that Trooper came from, it was like he dropped out of the sky behind me as this was on a long lonely stretch of I5 in California.
Back in the days of the 440! Always love the stories of the old timers that use to work out of the Detroit Post. Detroit PD had to use the 6 cylinders because the 440 would overheat in the city's stop and go traffic. WHenever one would run, they'd jump on the radio " he's running, find me a state-car".

There was a deputy sergeant in one of the counties I covered when I was on the road. About the time I got taken off for my accident, he got 10 years for coercing at least 3 women for favors while in custody. He was kind of a good-ol boy in the area and nobody would touch him with a ten foot pole when the investigation started. I didn't like the sheriff in that county either, but the rest of the department were a good crew.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Yep Honesty can go along way with those guys, they hear lies all day long and have got to appreciate honesty when they see it. BTW..
Your absolutely right Top.. Honesty is the key. I've been given more warnings than tickets. All because I was honest, courteous, and respectful. I've been know to pull over before they even had time to turn on their lights cause I knew I'd been caught. At night I always turn the interior light on so the officers can see my every movement. Being a jerk will do nothing but empty your wallet.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My older twinner tells similar of what I experienced up here and down there.
I got pulled over at 4:30 in the am with my three car hauler going well over the posted speed limit outside of Flagstaff. Officer asked me where I was going...Canada. Asked if I had all the paperwork for the cars on the trailer...Yes. Asked if I was speeding...Yes. Looks over the paperwork for the cars, truck and trailer. Asks me when I slept last...slept for 8 hrs and hit the road at 3 am to beat the traffic. Why were you flying through here? Too see how the truck was running after the new fuel pump and injectors. Did it all work out? Yes.
Then he said, "Son, you're not flying an airplane. Slow down a bit and have a safe ride to Canada'. I thanked him and carried on.

He did seem to be looking at my LEGGS a bit and that did make me uncomfortable. I was expecting him to say..."Any relation to Lary?"
Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
My older twinner tells similar of what I experienced up here and down there.
I got pulled over at 4:30 in the am with my three car hauler going well over the posted speed limit outside of Flagstaff. Officer asked me where I was going...Canada. Asked if I had all the paperwork for the cars on the trailer...Yes. Asked if I was speeding...Yes. Looks over the paperwork for the cars, truck and trailer. Asks me when I slept last...slept for 8 hrs and hit the road at 3 am to beat the traffic. Why were you flying through here? Too see how the truck was running after the new fuel pump and injectors. Did it all work out? Yes.
Then he said, "Son, you're not flying an airplane. Slow down a bit and have a safe ride to Canada'. I thanked him and carried on.

I DID show him my LEGGS a bit and that scared him into letting me go. I was expecting him to say..."Any relation to Lary?"

Fixed it for ya...
Old 01-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Redleg
Fixed it for ya...
Thanks...I think.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
My Leggs are known far and wide.....kinda like my butt...far and wide
Old 01-29-2011, 02:33 PM

Um, so many come-backs and images are popping up, I'm going into brain-lock..... might not be able to sleep tonight.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Redleg
Um, so many come-backs and images are popping up, I'm going into brain-lock..... might not be able to sleep tonight.
Thanks...I think.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have found out in life , cops are no different than anyone else. Some are good, some are bad, some are smart, some are sharp as a bowling ball.

Probably one of the things that bother me the most, is that the cops are under equipped and not armed the way they should be. ALL LEO's should have the automatic weapons availiable and body armor such as the dragon skin. Its not good that the criminals have better weapons and finances to out do the LEO's. Kinda like taking a knife to a gun fight.