Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Police - Good vs bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Police - Good vs bad

We've had discussions here before regarding LEO's and how there are good and bad, as with any group. I remember one time I remarked to Jack that if I'd had the pleasure of working with more guys like him and a few others on here that I may have taken that career path instead of the fire department route.

Well, the article in the link below is about a police 'Chief', (and I use the term loosely in this case), in a town neighboring ours back east. This guy was on our department for a few years and was one of those jerks who'd get on the highway to go to Dunkin's with the cruiser, hit the high speed lane and go 90 mph just because 'they can'. It's the whole "I'm a cop and I'm just a little better than the rest of the world" attitude. Well it took 20 years, but look where that attitude got him;

http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x1...e-cash-for-sex
Old 01-25-2011, 11:52 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I HATE guys like that.
They give all the others a bad reputation and make the job that much harder.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately they didn't find out until after retirement (or did they?), so pension wouldn't be affected. Wonder if a judge would look at an injuction on the pay since it was duty related?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
Unfortunately they didn't find out until after retirement (or did they?), so pension wouldn't be affected. Wonder if a judge would look at an injuction on the pay since it was duty related?
He retired once he was under investigation. Handed in his retirement paperwork when he went to the interview with the independent investigator. I think they'll revoke his benefits if he's convicted.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Good, but maybe they should look at an injunction to stop it until there is a decision? At least if they are forced to pay out, maybe they good earn a little off the intrest? Just thinking out loud.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Administrator

According to my chief there's a whole lot more to the story than just the local stuff reported in the paper. The FBI is heading the investigation and he's into something rather large in scope. This stuff isn't anything new for him tho. Another officer and myself caught him, (he was off-duty), in a car in the highway rest area with his pants down, literally, being 'entertained' by local talent. That's how he got his nickname, 'No pants L'Esperance'.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:18 PM

He should be made an example of & be used as a tool at all police Academy’s across the country. Just so recruits will get the message that your job is not a tool for your personal gain.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by tankeryanker
He should be made an example of & be used as a tool at all police Academy’s across the country. Just so recruits will get the message that your job is not a tool for your personal gain.
I think for the ones that are going to do things like that, it would fall on deaf ears anyway.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by tankeryanker
He should be made an example of & be used as a tool.........

Oh, he's definately a tool!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
We just had King Co. Washington settle for 10 million after a Sheriff reported the kid he was chasing ran into a wall when surviellance video showed him taking him out like an NFL linebacker.
This kind of thing gets all over the news and just makes it harder for the honest cops out there. I have a few good friends that are LEO's and cringe when I see this becasue I know them to be fair and decent men and women, and hope the general consesus doesn't put them in danger, any more than they already face that is.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Had a cop similar up here yrs ago. He went off duty drove home, shows up at the ball diamonds where we are preparing for the ball tournament, shoots through the roof of the concession three times and laughs. Strike one.
He is driving his patrol car with a perp in the back seat. Radio's in he is taking a break. Takes the 15 yr old perp and puts him in the trunk for 45 minutes while its -35F outside. Strike two. Why he was still working I have no idea.
Then, his wife heads out of town on work but the trip got delayed and she returned home to find him with two hookers. Strike 3, end game...things like this really mess it up for the decent LEO's. I am not bashing cops in general and I hope the thread does not go that way because The Hairy Sheriff is watchin'.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good and Bad in everything unfortunately, one of my best Buddies is the County Sheriff here...Great guy as honest as the day is long, however he replaced one that was selling Drugs out of his office claiming he was trying to run a Clinic for the poor people of the County.

Two totally different Sheriffs, one with integrity and one serving time.....why only the Jail Bird knows for sure.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Scotty
I am not bashing cops in general and I hope the thread does not go that way.
It better not because that wasn't the intention, but if it does I'll close it. I can do that now!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
It better not because that wasn't the intention, but if it does I'll close it. I can do that now!
That is why I posted that...because Sheriff Hairy Chaikwa is runnin's this thread.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

We have a mess for a police force here.

Tasered a 90 year old brain tumor patient, had a 60 year old woman face down and spread eagle on main street, constantly harass teen's, etc. The town is at their mercy. I just thank God for the Sheriff's department. Kinda wish some of the town cops could end up like that guy.

It is just unfortunate that for every good story, there are 10 bad...

Quick Reply: Police - Good vs bad