Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

people are ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Losing her daughter is not a reason to do this. Now not only did she loose her daughter, but now two other families lost theirs.

I am not a believer in religion, but if there is a hell, she is on her way there.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:38 AM

It is terrible to lose someone this way especially someone so young. Hope the others are ok. It is hard to belive that someone would be so selfish as to knowling drive at high speed the wrong direction.

Prayers are with you.

Mike
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Losing a daughter ISN'T a reason to do this thing- that's honestly a great point. I was hoping that people would recognize that there was seriously something so wrong with this woman's thought process- she was so "broken" inside.

It's easy to picture your family becoming the victim of a drunk driver or deranged driver. Much harder to picture one of them being the perpetrator of this kind of tragedy. So imagine, then, if this woman was your daughter or sister or mom and she had been destroyed inside by something like the loss of a child and was literally out of her mind with grief. Would you hope that people would pray for her and the rest of your family? Or would you hope for their hatred, scorn and recriminations?

It's easy to be vengeful. Much better (though harder) to be merciful. Christ from the cross asked our Father to forgive those that were killing Him in their righteous application of the law.

God has made a place in His heavenly kingdom through the sacrifice of His Son, and it's available to every person who asks forgiveness of his sins and accepts Jesus as his Savior and Lord of his life.

God had mercy on me when I was yet still a sinner. A sin, no matter how "small" is still a sin- no matter how inconsequential it seems to be, its presence makes me unacceptable to the Lord. Whether it is eyeballing something that isn't mine or intentionally driving the wrong way up a highway in hopes of dying and rejoining my daughter makes no difference to God.

No matter how horrible a thing she did, one of my prayers (at least) will be for that woman to have confessed Christ as her Savior.

Last edited by stinkindiesel; 08-24-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: gotta capitalize God's pronouns!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 PM

the families will be in my prayers. im 18 i couldnt imagine losing a friend at the age of 20! what a horrible loss! and like stinkin mentioned i will be praying for the other womans family.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 AM

We've had a real problem with this also lately up here on the same road, multiple times. 2 or 3 times now people have been drunk driving the wrong way down this road, one killed multiple people, another one luckily decided to stop shortly after starting off.

When I was in H.S. we had a girl die of cancer her senior year, and a few years later a girl got killed in a car accident like 3 weeks before graduation, with a full ride to the A.F. academy. Her and a few friends were out driving and one of em ran a stop sign. So I know what you and your community is going through.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:23 PM
I watch wind blow...

It has been a tough first day of class, Meagan's Parents came up to the school today and we had a group meeting with the counselors and them.

It was tough. but Her parents want us to be happy, keep on rodeo'n (Meagan's passion) and live life to the fullest to honor Her.

Thank you all for the support.

The gal in the ICU in Lubbock is doing much better, Found out this AM that she will not have to have surgery on her hip. and they are just keeping Her now to keep and eye on here liver/ spleen .

here is just a tid bit more info in interested.

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/082509/new_news4.shtml
Old 08-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Wow Max.... I just had time to read this and I am speechless.

Prayers sent for you and your friends and their families.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I watch wind blow...

It has been a tough week, I have been amazed how well the college and community and Rodeo community have pulled together in these hard times for ALL the families of our gals.

Funeral services are this weekend in Alabama, Wish I could make it. $$ is rough now.

I have pictures of the truck in the wrecking yard and its a miracle the three girls are alive.

I have not decided to post them or not, I am contemplating if it would be disrespectful or in appropriate.

Max
Old 08-28-2009, 07:47 PM

Please keep them private in honor of the girls.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and the family of the victims.

Scott
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I watch wind blow...

will do.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:07 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

It's too bad the at-fault driver didn't survive to spend time behind bars. I'm very sorry for your friends and their family. I wouldn't post any pictures without the family's kniowledge, probably not necessary anyway. Leave that stuff for the reporters.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Today a truckers last words were "I tried to miss the car"
So tonight I pray for everyone. And please drive carefully!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:31 AM

Prayers for all families involved.