Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Oh My Gosh

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 AM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I think there is less common sense today than 50 or even 20 yrs ago and I think it is getting worse. We have become a society that leaves all of children's education in the hands of a bunch of Liberal fools.

It used to be that kids grew up doing chores and helping around the farm or they didn't eat and in the process they learned first hand how to avoid doing something stupid because it hurt! lol

Now the children are raised on video games and in crowded class rooms by people that generally don't care because the system is faulty so they get tired of trying pretty early on. The parents don't take time to try and mold the children into responsible human beings and this is what we are stuck with.

Think back to the early days of this country, the women pioneers could shoot like a man, clean game like a man and chop wood like a man....then they cooked dinner and took care of the children all the while passing down their knowledge to the children at the same time. They HAD to be this way because life depended on it...you used your head or you died just that simple.

People MUST become more involved in the children's upbringing and move away from PUBLIC educators who are little more than baby sitters these days. When i went to school you either made the grade or you failed and was held back to repeat the year until you learned......do they even fail anyone these days? We have kids graduating high school that can't read or write....it is just getting out of hand and we are raising morons by the tons in these big city's because of it.

When you see one of these inner city kids that breaks the cycle and works his or her tail off to be somebody despite being set up to fail, be proud of them.....they are Good Americans
Well said, I second that.

As for people with money goes, many I know have complete idiots for kids, all the result of trying to ensure they had easy lives....and didn't need to "suffer" like the parents did.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
When you see one of these inner city kids that breaks the cycle and works his or her tail off to be somebody despite being set up to fail, be proud of them.....they are Good Americans
Amen to that Top!! But I think you and Scott are both correct, while people ARE less "connected" than they used to be, our modern world lets us hear about things nationally that 20-30 years ago when have been local news only..

As to the original theme of this thread... howmany "stupid people" stories y'all want?? I got a ton of them!

The guy who shot his house to pieces with a AR, trying to kill a garter snake he THOUGHT he saw in his bathroom( his kids were in bed in the house when he started shooting) Not stoned or drunk, just scared of snakes....

There was a woman in OK who managed to lock herself out of her house, so she thought it would be smart to try pushing the door open with her hubby's truck..

I could go on..