Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

new line-x idea, sound good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new line-x idea, sound good?

So, I've seen lots of trucks with the rockers done up with line-x, even saw a pic of the whole truck done, but I was thinking of something different. Has anyone tried any kind of design with their lining, such as a flame job coming from the wheels back? Any thoughts on how it might hold up/looks? Maybe if someone is handy with photo shop they could whip us up a pic?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:25 PM

my 91 is shot the entire truck... ugly truck to start with since it had a custom 36 cab stretch that just looks kinda funny, don't know that i'd do an 01. what i can tell you though is that Rhino does have a poly coating they can spray over the rhino that will "never fade" mine has had this on it for over a year and i have not washed it once and it shines the same as the day they got finished! the inside of the bed is not sprayed with that (too keep the anti skip quality) and you can definately see the difference already! a good shop should be able to do a flame pattern but it's all in the prep work. rhino bonds to the clear coat, but it has to be scuffed open. if it is not preped well on the tips of the flame they could start to peel. if you are using it on the exterior definately get the extra ever shine coating.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:15 AM

yeah I was really just concerned about the tips as well. Not sure how long they would hold up against abuse. Any one else consider anything like this?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned

My truck was done down the middle all the way around.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:32 PM

here is an idea

my 93 has the body below the trim line line-x'd along with the bed, bed rails, headache rack and tool box.

Its not the fancy design idea you were looking for but its more than just the rockers.

My only advice is, to anyone that wants to line-x the body, make sure your taking it to a proper line-x shop that knows what they are doing. most places dont even sand down the areas to be sprayed which leads to the X peeling off later in the trucks life. Also, make sure its sprayed on good and thick. Ive noticed that if and when it starts to peel off, its harder or less prone to peel when its sprayed thick.
Thats just my 2¢