Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

March already breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 09:53 AM

Received 2,401 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Glad I skipped the coffee...
Old 03-11-2023, 09:55 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisReynolds
yes, the last few years have been rough on everyone.
I lost THE BOSS last year to Glioblastoma Multiforme brain cancer, that was pretty horrible.. Just a few months from diagnosis to her funeral.
Been trying to plot a course in life without her and its hard.

!!
I was typing when you wrote this.

Sorry, brother. I can't imagine losing the ball. She's been every part of my life since 1989, and no matter how much we fight, bicker, or argue, I just couldn't see myself without her sitting in the passenger seat of my truck. IMO, her spirit continues in you, and as long as you live she'll be by your side as long as you remember her. I lost my brother in 1980, and I haven't had a day without him looking over my shoulder since.

Thanks for coming in to see how all are doing.

T.

Old 03-11-2023, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman

Yeah, the coffee sucks. Someone must have used the pot as a urinal before making the pot. My guess it's Chris.
HEY!!!! All I did was pull a shrew out of the pot before adding the water, Rottella and a dash of road salt..
Old 03-11-2023, 10:05 AM

HEY!!!! All I did was pull a shrew out of the pot before adding the water, Rottella and a dash of road salt..
Well, when you hang out with this guy, you're gonna find trouble !

The following users liked this post:
ChrisReynolds (03-11-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 08:06 AM

Gooood Sunday morning, folks everywhere in internet land.

AWoke (god I hate that word) up to a bright, sunny, daylight savings morning, here in the toilet of the US. First thing I did after having to relieve the full bladder, was to pop the tea kettle on and set up the fixings for today's self serve menu.

2lbs bacon
3 lbs of scrambled eggs
14 sticks of butter

Fresh squeezed OJ (not the murdering type, but the plant based type, my friends)

UP on the counter, as I continue my Keto diet (fake news), to see if my old prostate benefits from the lack of carbs.

Off to a day with the ball and chain, as it's her only day off. Who knows what excitement after 35 years that could bring.

Bit nipplee here (34*F), but I'm good with that.

Hope you guys actually were able to open your eyes this morning, and weren't carted out of your home in a plastic bag.

See you soon.

T.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:24 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife Chris. As much as you want to strangle them sometime, you know you can't live without them.
I had my 1st arthritis related surgery when I was 40. Shoulder locked up. Been sliding down hill ever sense. When I got married (should have learned to cook instead), the wife experimented on me with every new fad diet that came around. Corn, soy, and added salt have been out of my diet for a long time along with other things. My diet these days consists of meat (except processed), eggs, and leafy green vegetables.
Spent the morning changing batteries and resetting clocks. Also rough housed with the feline. Smells like the bacon is done, time for breakfast.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:44 AM

5°, wind chill -9° mostly sunny. High maybe not quite 20°. Got into the shop and storage shed. Move some clutter out of the house and disposed of a bunch of empty boxes. Used up the last of my diabetes meds, I can no longer afford them. My co-pay jumped to more than half of my monthly income. So I guess I get to die a slow painful death.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by cougar
5°, wind chill -9° mostly sunny. High maybe not quite 20°. Got into the shop and storage shed. Move some clutter out of the house and disposed of a bunch of empty boxes. Used up the last of my diabetes meds, I can no longer afford them. My co-pay jumped to more than half of my monthly income. So I guess I get to die a slow painful death.
****, bro.

What the hell you gonna do ? I got an idea,

Go to mexico, and cross the border back into the US. You'll get an I pad, free phone, free medical, free housing, Free food, Free hookers, Free fentanyl, free transitioning service to a wo-man, and a free education. No health checkup required.

You'd be golden, at that point.

Sorry to hear about your health. Can Diabetes be controlled through diet ? I guess that would depend on the type of diabetes.

We have a town health center in the next town down. You can go there and they'll help you with basic medical help. Can I assume there's nothing up there similar ?

So we lived through another Nor Easter. Considering the storm patterns have sent dozens of them through here since the first of the year, but no one talked about them until this one, it was no big deal. A little rain, a little wind, and it's gone. Today, it's overcast, breezy and 40*F. Yuck-o in my book.

Working on a customer's new door today, in my little cramped shop. Left some homemade bran muffins out for y'all, except Cougar. I left him a celery stalk or two.

Old 03-14-2023, 02:12 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
WOW, a semi active breakroom. Wonders never cease.

Chris, welcome back. Sorry to hear about your wife. Unfortunately this is called life and sometimes life deals us the dirty end of the stick. Been there, done that, so sorta know what you are going thru.

Guys, don't kill me, but I am outside working in shorts in spite of it being a somewhat cool day. Right now it is 21C.

My wife and I discovered a few years ago that your body is a direct product of what goes into your mouth. To use computer language, GIGO. IF you put junk into your body, you body in time will turn to junk. We also discovered and have repeatedly proven that if your body is given the right foods, (nothing processed or man-made) that it has an amazing ability to heal itself. Good foods, exercise and vitamin D are keys to good health. Just a few days ago read that some researcher discovered that exercise is 1.5 times better for the body than meds. I am 80,years young, take zero meds and am very active working outside around my property Can't remember the last time I was sick. Don't hire anybody to do the physical work, such as pick and shovel.

What is the meaning of that word s-n-o-w? Is that a bad 4 letter word?
Old 03-14-2023, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
WOW, a semi active breakroom. Wonders never cease.

Chris, welcome back. Sorry to hear about your wife. Unfortunately this is called life and sometimes life deals us the dirty end of the stick. Been there, done that, so sorta know what you are going thru.

Guys, don't kill me, but I am outside working in shorts in spite of it being a somewhat cool day. Right now it is 21C.

My wife and I discovered a few years ago that your body is a direct product of what goes into your mouth. To use computer language, GIGO. IF you put junk into your body, you body in time will turn to junk. We also discovered and have repeatedly proven that if your body is given the right foods, (nothing processed or man-made) that it has an amazing ability to heal itself. Good foods, exercise and vitamin D are keys to good health. Just a few days ago read that some researcher discovered that exercise is 1.5 times better for the body than meds. I am 80,years young, take zero meds and am very active working outside around my property Can't remember the last time I was sick. Don't hire anybody to do the physical work, such as pick and shovel.

What is the meaning of that word s-n-o-w? Is that a bad 4 letter word?
You're 80 ? Well I had no idea you were so young ? Kudo's to you and your lifestyle, but lets not forget great genetics which your parents gave you to allow you to be here today, in as good a shape as you say.

Congrats, brother! I'm back in the gym now 4 days a week, and working on my trucks, or on people's homes the other days. Rare occasion, myself and the wife travel the back roads of Eastern PA, looking for the new homestead, but for the most part, I'm doing something.

I don't plan on being here at 80, cause this world gone nuts doesn't jive with my morals or principals, therefore, I'm doomed to go down a fighting, like any goof man would

Old 03-15-2023, 09:21 AM

14° and cloudy, wind chill brings it down to 2°. They are predicting 2" of snow on Friday. The cold is hanging on. My doctor is trying to find "budget" generic meds for me. We will see how generic when they show me the bill. Genetics, as well as diet plays a role. all of my blood kin have type 2. As for diet, I do the best I can with what is available in the stores. Which isn't much these days. Wife spent 7 hours going to 6 different grocery stores trying to find enough "healthy" food for a week. Hardly anything in the way of fresh vegetables except for the prepackaged salad stuff which is usually going bad. The meat department wasn't much better. The poisoned food isles where well stocked of course. She detoured out to the rural meat market to get some very expensive ground beef and pork. Chicken is nowhere to be found. Eggs are rationed. Dry cat food for the outside cats is scarce unless you buy it in big bags, even then there is not much on the shelves. Canned for Mr Morris is also scarce.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:24 AM

Oh, I forgot. Put a pot of Pete's dark roast on.
Old 03-15-2023, 10:31 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Cougar, when I read what you have for 'food' makes me realize once again how blessed I am to live where I do. Down here we zero shortage of anything and an abundance of fresh and relatively cheap fruit and veggies. The meat stores always have good meat too. Unfortunately every week lately we have been experiencing rising prices, but compared to the rest of the world and especially where you are, things are still manageable. I can plant my own garden too and enjoy homegrown organic veggies. My fruit trees will soon have fruit on them.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evening Ladies and gents
Funny how the world turns.
20 yrs ago we were all snickering at the “ old guys” complaining about their aches and pains, now this place sounds like the waiting room at a geriatric ward… and I include myself in that.
Stan, glad to hear you’re alive and kicking , and warm…
I’ve started a fresh pot of DTR BREAKROOM brand coffee, someone had what must have been watered down tea in the pot..
I have a lot of Native American ancestors, diabetes runs rampant through my family’s medical history, so I limit myself to no more than 2 pop tarts, 3-4 little Debbie’s and 2-3 donuts a day( seriously)
i ussualy eat one actual meal a day and since Diane passed, I’ve found it hard to cook for just one.
for some reason, cooking and mealtime is a huge trigger for my grief-depression. I avoid sit down meals . I eat a lot of Marie Calendars pot pies and Stauffer frozen dinners..
Been thus way for over a year and it hasn’t hurt me….yet…I’m sure it’ll catch up with me, but I honestly can’t find it in me to worry about it.
still wearing the same sizes I did back in the 70’s, so we’ll see..

y’all keep the rubber side down !!
The following users liked this post:
nonrev (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 08:31 AM

Evening Ladies and gents
, now this place sounds like the waiting room at a geriatric ward… !
Hey, now. I resemble that.

Haha. NOT ! I'm 55 and sexy as ever, or so the guy in the mirror tells me ( and no it's not this guy), or so I keep telling myself.

Just made a huge pot of fresh whole oat oatmeal. Fresh honey and frozen blueberries are nearby in the fridge. Seems as though I feel better after a day's start with this protocol.

Still working on the brick's window issue. Found that the switch on the driver side was in good condition, but the small grey box it's plugged into is somehow affecting the function of the switch. Make no sense, so today, I'll be disassembling the grey box the switch plugs into.

Why there was no power into the fuse panel above the footwell, makes no sense either, other than there's a bad connection where the fusable links were, and big fuses now reside. Pulled the harness apart so when or if it happens again, I can access the two fuses that aren't sending power into the cab. I even pulled the main circuit plug off the firewall, and all was pristine inside.

Well, windows and fan motor for the heater box currently work, so I can at least drive the truck for now.

Hope everyone out there, including Stan is doing well today, and wishing nothing but the best.

off to the races.

Quick Reply: March already breakroom