Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   March already breakroom (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/march-already-breakroom-335534/)

cougar 03-01-2023 08:13 AM

March already breakroom

Wow, already March! February must have been a short month. Our humongous, apocalyptic, gigantic snowstorm of the season fizzled. Maybe an inch of very light blowing all over the place and turning into drifts type snowfall. Tomorrow is tax day. Wonder how much I will owe. That's okay, next year I probably won't have enough to file.

NJTman 03-01-2023 08:58 AM

Taxes ?

Do you have to pay taxes ? What's taxes ? Is that like free ship to those who don't deserve it ?

Woke up to Sun. Imagine that ? Sunlight on the east coast.:confused: What next ? having to pay taxes ?[rant]

Wife and I were in PA on Monday, and it was nice to cruise around Delaware county. Beautiful old houses from the 1800's to early 1920's. Love the stone faced buildings with slate roofs. Maintenance must be a real $$ pain, but otherwise, these houses have been around way longer than I'll ever live, and still magnificent. No cracks in the facade's, tight joints on the block work. Those fellas who built these homes were beyond craftsmen, they were artists.

Love to see a vinyl sided house after a hundred years. Wouldn't be pretty.

Stopped with the pups at Ridley State Park. Man, what a beautiful place. Perfect for dog walking and enjoying the peacefulness of life in these increasingly rare moments.

Ridley State

Rain and yuck all day yesterday, but today, the sun is out this am. Not here for long with all the jetpilots above. Lucky to get 4 hours.
(sorry, ranting again).

Preparing for a few jobs today. Wife is still sick. Pink eye spread to the other eye, and the night coughing from bronchitis is the norm for the next several days until her body fends it off.

Hopefully get to repair the dodge's electrical issue soon. Haven't driven it since with the dash apart and the window that won't go up. Ollie suggested running temporary power to the window lift motor, but I was hoping to fix the issue before that step.

Enjoy the day !

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...6d7a291bee.jpg
Fixed the dodge.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...6260cafd8b.jpg
Ridley State park

oliver foster 03-07-2023 08:29 AM

A bit more snow up here today. I had to plow out the left overs of the 14 inches we got on Saturday, yesterday before we got some more on top of it today.

T-man did you get the wiring sorted out, or at least the window to go back up yet?

cougar 03-07-2023 08:48 AM

15° currently, supposed to climb to the mid 40°s today. Been creeping into the upper 30°s and lower 40°s the last few days but lows have been either on the negative side of zero or lower single digits. Today, I have rejoined the ranks of the retired. Just couldn't stand working for A holes any longer. Yep, I owed taxes. Rather it be sitting in my account earning interest than sitting in theirs and I get nothing for it. Doctors' appointment this morning then off to, to be determined.

cougar 03-10-2023 08:57 AM

We are on the slow trend upward temperature wise. In other news; a 3.9 EQ struck close by, rattled stuff on the shelves and got some doors swinging. No damage. We have 6 volcanoes, 3 on alerts and 3 on watch. They are way out in the Aleutians, but their ash could close down aviation and shipping into Anchorage, a vital port to Alaska. And high wind warning for today locally. Today's task is to clear enough snow off the roof of my workshop to get the door open.

NJTman 03-10-2023 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by oliver foster (Post 3383884)
A bit more snow up here today. I had to plow out the left overs of the 14 inches we got on Saturday, yesterday before we got some more on top of it today.

T-man did you get the wiring sorted out, or at least the window to go back up yet?

Haven't touched the truck, other than to check for squirrels (or old girlfriends) under the hood, and started it up and let it run for a while.

Been busy working, and weather sucks monkey balls, as usual here. Perfection of the sky writers won't allow us to have a nice day, but once or twice a month.

ChrisReynolds 03-10-2023 04:04 PM

Hello from the past..

Anybody around remember ChrisReyn?
ok …
Cougar, nice to reset the break room and all BUT…
coffe pot is NOT to be cleaned unless it’s just sprayed out with carb cleaner and wiped. This may be done annually if needed.
A drop of Rotella is all the additive needed, none of Bobs phoo-photo stuff!
fruit?salads?? WTH?? No one’s on a diet, donuts, fritters and/or fried foods are permissible in the break room. This ain’t a Starbucks.. no bran muffins here!

all in all tho, good job!

nice ya got to see me
CHRISREYN
DTR Nightwatchman

ChrisReynolds 03-11-2023 07:13 AM

wow... brought some day old power rings, and started the coffee.. HELLOOOOOOOOOOO????
( insert echos here)...
wow. a graveyard .....

NJTman 03-11-2023 07:28 AM

Mmmmm. Coffee.

8 lbs of crisp bacon on the counter.

I'm,starting a keto diet, so 1 pound is mine.

Rain most of the day today, wife going to work, thank God, and I'll be heading to,the gym to inspect the ladies for any clothing violations revealing camels or other exotic animals in the area.

Back to a day of shop straightening.

See ya

ChrisReynolds 03-11-2023 08:08 AM

Well,glad to see a few familiar faces around here! Mexstan, Cougar., Fordzilla and NJT...
What has happened around here? Nukes wipe everyone out? the Zombie apocolypse hit and I missed it? I cant believe how barren a landscape this site has become

cougar 03-11-2023 09:07 AM

Hey Chris, been a while. Thanks for the coffee but it tastes funny. I'll pass on the sweets, diabetes you know, though those fritters look **** tempting. My excuse for not being around much is that life hasn't been very good to me these last few years. Between job, health, and home problems I've been pretty much out of things. Windchill made it too cold to clear the roof, so I opted to do some gunsmithing instead. Got it done, but this arthritis made it not very fun. People, take care of yourselves when you are young so you don't have to suffer when you are old.

ChrisReynolds 03-11-2023 09:35 AM

yes, the last few years have been rough on everyone.
I lost THE BOSS last year to Glioblastoma Multiforme brain cancer, that was pretty horrible.. Just a few months from diagnosis to her funeral.
Been trying to plot a course in life without her and its hard.

BUT.. thats not why I popped in .. just wanted to see who was still around and say Howdy!

Yall keep the rubber siede down and stay safe!!

NJTman 03-11-2023 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3383973)
Hey Chris, been a while. Thanks for the coffee but it tastes funny. I'll pass on the sweets, diabetes you know, though those fritters look **** tempting. My excuse for not being around much is that life hasn't been very good to me these last few years. Between job, health, and home problems I've been pretty much out of things. Windchill made it too cold to clear the roof, so I opted to do some gunsmithing instead. Got it done, but this arthritis made it not very fun. People, take care of yourselves when you are young so you don't have to suffer when you are old.

Hey Cougar,

At 55, I've found that the arthritis monster wasn't just for old folks. Yeah, I'm old, but not dead yet, although my avatar, and tag line might say different.

So, I had been experiencing lots of hand pain. I mean almost debilitating to the point I couldn't hold anything anymore. It sucked. My business (sole prop) is just me, so I can't hand (pun not intentional) off the labor part to someone else, as I wear all the hats. So, by accident, I found myself sitting in a diner, having dinner with the ball and chain, and sitting across from her, I realized that my hands didn't hurt nearly as bad as they had just 2 weeks before. Turns out that my diet changed drastically in that short period of time, and I hadn't even realized it. So, putting the foil hat on in the diner (I usually wear it at home when I'm surfing the net for conspiracies) we (ball and chain and I) started to diagnose why I wasn't sitting there complaining that my hands were killing me. Turns out there was a very simple answer, which again revolved around diet.

The ball loves me, right ? So she's been the food shopper for a long time, picking up foods she knows that interest me at the table. For weeks, she had been buying more and more bags of restaurant style tortilla chips. Mmmm, good. Lots of salty goodness there, right ? Well, since I had put on a few pounds, I asked her to STOP buying them, as I would come home from work and eat half a bag before dinner, as a "Snack". Add a beer to that, and massive caloric intake that wasn't necessary.

So, anyhow, why am I sitting here, in the diner, with zero hand pain ? I worked today, so that rules out it's physical exercise, right ? Well, as most complex multi cell organisms, it's a multi part issue that isn't resolved in one though, but a combination of thoughts. Took a while but testing the hypothesis was what happened next. Took about a month, but finally worked it all out, and the hand pain has been nearly eliminated.

How do you ask ?

I stopped eating corn products, including : Chips, cooking oils, muffins, and anything else that has any corn processing in it.

I already knew I couldn't eat commercially produced peanut butter, so by a process of elimination, and slowly adding an individual product back in, I found out that I cannot eat corn oils, or other related products anymore, with any regularity. I dabble from time to time, but no more than once every few months with a handful.

Now, add this to the thought process: I'm back in the gym. Is it fun ? Well, nice lady hineys galore the answer would be yes, but working out isn't fun, but at this time, I can tell you that 90% of my aches and pains are GONE with diet change, and exercise. When I stop exercising more than 4 days, the pains creep back in.

Conclusion ? Diet and exercise are way more important to me than food and pleasure. Yes, I indulge from time to time, but I'm much happier not feeling like my hands are in a pair of vices at any given time, or my shoulders can't physically move or do anything productive anymore. I read every package now and I look for seed oils, aluminum hydroxides, corn products, etc, and I simply avoid them. My pain levels are near non existent, depending on the weather and day, but for the most part, in my own experience, foods and lack of exercise are my own personal pitfalls.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, the coffee sucks. Someone must have used the pot as a urinal before making the pot. My guess it's Chris.

oliver foster 03-11-2023 09:50 AM

Wow a real break room with coffee, snacks and random banter.

Good to see!
I'll have some bacon and a fritter.

Sorry to hear about the boss Chris. It is good to see a you stopping in for a visit.

The weather is starting to act like spring a bit here. The sun actually feels warm now that it sits a little higher in the sky. I am personally looking forward to the extra hour of light we will get n the afternoon starting this weekend.

ChrisReynolds 03-11-2023 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3383973)

As Benny Goodman said , " if I had known I would live this long, Id have taken better care of myself"

All the years of picking fights with thunderstorms and charging into trees is catching up to me as well...
Growing old aint for the weak

Speakin of which, I gotta go pick up a new pair of specs..
later guys!