Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

March already breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 10:30 AM

Received 422 Likes on 323 Posts
Snow, turning to rain, then back to snow, then repeat tomorrow. That will make for an icy mess. Spent nearly a grand on a fridge yesterday. I hope this one will last longer. Thank goodness for Oldtimers, If I could remember being young and healthy, I'd probably be depressed. That time of my life was very traumatic. Trying to keep my girlfriends separated wasn't easy.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:41 AM

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Haha, girlfriends.

Who the heck needs that headache.

Saturday morning, and it's white / silver skies as expected. Today, no rain, but 50* F. No sun to boot.

Another door prep today, maybe I can put an hour or two into the brick to see if I can source that electrical gremlin.

Bagels, cream cheese, and smoked turkey bacon on the counter. No coffee, just roasted chicory root, so caffeine free is today's morning hoe.

Have a good day, folks.

Old 03-20-2023, 09:06 AM

20° headed toward the mid 30°s, higher if it was anything like yesterday when it topped out at 50°. Going to be a mostly sunny day and I have no plans to take advantage of it. Updated my work history over the weekend. Added some nasty notes about the company to my file. Speaking of the company, I expected to see my accrued vacation time in my last paycheck last Friday. It wasn't there. When I inquired, they didn't know I officially quit. Because the DOM forgot to turn in the paperwork, they assumed I walked off the job and therefore not intitled to my personal leave. Hopefully that was straightened out Friday afternoon. If not, I have an email chain and recorded conversation (I got in a habit of doing that with those people) with the DOM concerning my resignation. I hope we get an actual summer this year. Last year it rained most of the time throwing a damper (pardon the pun) on my projects. Sorry, had to take a quick break to console my kitty. He woke up from a nightmare. Okay, back on subject. I have a couple cabinets to make, replacing plastic bins in the house. And I want to build a retaining wall along the driveway and improve the drainage off the front yard to a barrow pit next to the road. Though the place drains very well, this will help even more. A few dead trees to cut down with some winter falls to clean up. Also need to do a major clutter removal. The wife is a packrat and doesn't throw anything away. There is going to be a lot of unused kitchen appliances going on craig's list.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:36 AM

Well, Cougar, are you retired ? or just a temporary leave of the workforce? Give the kitty a hug and a kiss, and the wife a head scratch behind the ear from the rest of us. I'm sure you'll eventually work out the issues with your vaca-pay, as no company wants a employee lawsuit to come about over a couple weeks paid out. Lawyer's fees would be way more for them.

We had 2 beautiful days of blue, cloudless skies. They ended that yesterday, as usual. Today, air quality is horrible, so thick you can feel it entering your lungs, and it smells like fire everywhere. Next several days of no skies and rain are in the plan book.

Finished up one project, onto the next. I think I'll reassemble the dodge today so I can drive it around and make sure windows and heater still work. Needs to be run.

I was amazed to see Hoss on the forum today. Well, now if that's not grave digging, I don't know what is.

Sure is nice seeing old faces on the platform again.

Old 03-22-2023, 09:19 AM

I miss the old, crowded break rooms. You never know what you'd sweep up off the floor at the end of the day. Loose change, dragon poop, Scotty's' underwear. I don't plan on going back into the workforce, at least not full time. Enough to pay for my hobbies, or is that habits, and stay under that tax you to death threshold. Fridge is coming this morning. They should beat the storm coming in this evening through Friday. They are saying 5" of the white stuff by the end of it. At least it's not going to be rain. I hope. Wife brought something home from wong mart, we are both sick. Nothing serious. Mr Morris is sitting, laying here next to me snoring away. happy kitty.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:42 AM

26° and no snow, so far. It's starting to look like it is going to miss us. Suits me, I'm starting to see bare spots peeking through the ice. New fridge is here and working nicely thus far. Delivered by a couple of India guys. I was kinda surprised they were afraid of Mr Morris. Don't know why, he just laid in his bead in front of the heater and watched them.
Old 03-24-2023, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by cougar
26° and no snow, so far. It's starting to look like it is going to miss us. Suits me, I'm starting to see bare spots peeking through the ice. New fridge is here and working nicely thus far. Delivered by a couple of India guys. I was kinda surprised they were afraid of Mr Morris. Don't know why, he just laid in his bead in front of the heater and watched them.
Maybe they weren't afraid of Mr. Morris? Maybe they were just ....... ehm....... hungry ?

Raining like the dickens here, as expected with all the spraying yesterday and the day before.

Need to get to the range. Haven't been there in so long. My finger is aching for something more than a laser dot on a wall that drives my cat batcrap crazy chasing it.

Bookwork and filing today, maybe a trip to the gym.

Anyone interested in reading a good article on how to keep your health in peak condition, and hopefully preventing sickness such as flu, read this:
A Flu Bug’s Worst Enemy, It Chews Them Up and Spits Them Out (theepochtimes.com)

Later, yall.

Old 03-24-2023, 09:54 AM

He was afraid. I've seen that look before when some men came to swap out an old console TV for a new one. when I was a kid. Yesterday's snow came late and melted as soon as it hit the ground then froze overnight. More snow today but temperatures are cold enough to keep it from melting. I have a couple of build project that need to get out to the range, but it will have to wait until everything thaws out. Kind of hard to hike 1000 yards through deep snow.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:02 AM

Yesterday left 8" of wet heavy snow on us. Sky cleared off and it's now 9°. Won't get above freezing today. Need to fire up one of the trucks and run up and down the driveway and pack it down so the old lady can get out. More fun and games with the former employer. Looks like I will have to take legal action to get paid.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:44 PM

Took a ride into PA today. Picked up some critical duty loads for when the zombie attacks start. Those **** zombies wouldn't be a problem if they would just tie their feet (laces) together when they bury them, preventing them from walking around eating brains !

Jim Thorpe is a very interesting little valley town, and the surrounding mountain plateau(s) north of there near Albrightsville are really separated from human civilization. Topography out that way is just crazy ! Game lands are very isolated, and beautiful at the same time.

Rained all the way home.

Trees are starting to bloom pink and white flowers (I assume cherry blossoms and dogwoods), but since I'm not a tree hugging dude, I'm really not sure.

Old 03-28-2023, 09:39 AM

The last two days my wife and I spent in PA. Really nice state as long as you stay away from Philly.

Sunday morning was beautiful

Monday was rainbow day. That rainbow appeared on the way home from the zombie load expedition around Old Orchard PA, and lasted until we crossed into Clinton NJ, about a half hour drive. Never saw a double rainbow last that long before.

The only rainbows I like are the ones like this.

Another crappy cloudy day, today. Thanks guys ! No sense saying there's coffee or muffins out, as no one eats at Joes anymore anyway.

Sunday

Monday coming home

Route 78 heading east
Old 03-28-2023, 01:24 PM

Did I ever mention I hate computers? Spent the last few days doing maintenance on 2 of them. Still fighting with one. Guess who's. I upgraded hers to a 1T SSD about a year ago. She already has it clogged up, and a 2T backup drive with U tubes and books. Guess I need to find a bigger hard drive. Double rainbows, sun dogs, and other visual weather phenomena are common up here along with auroras. Not always visible due to clouds. 29° and mostly cloudy, may get over the freezing mark today. We also have some birch trees trying to bud out. The cotton woods are still snoozing. Coffee is on, only made half a pot though.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:18 AM

Got the old lady's laptop up and limping. Parts on order. Next comes the fun part, transferring 2 terabits of data from the old hard drive to the new. Dug the burning barrel out of the snow and got it unfroze from the ground. Got a few pounds of shredded documents to burn. Don't want to leave any paper trails.