Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Auld Lang Syne Breakroom 12/28/14 - 1/3/15 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*** Auld Lang Syne Breakroom 12/28/14 - 1/3/15 ***

Well all y'all,
Welcome to the final breakroom of 2014. I wonder about a few lost breakroom souls like Bark but for those who are still around, let's be happy about what 2014 has brought us. Don't spend too much time on the past and instead focus on what good you can do in 2015 (when it gets here).
For the new start I have set out bacon (mmmm, love bacon), maple glazed ham, corned beef hash, poached eggs, fresh fruit, coffee and pH00.
Have a good final Saturday night of 2014 all y'all and remember that 2015 is just around the corner.

Be good and play safe.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Mmmm bacon!
2015 will be a great year.
Thanks to olive ewe for awls yalls friendship.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:52 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
BACON - - - BACON - - - BACON - - - LUV BACON. ...............Oh bummer, forgot - - can't eat bacon. Oh well, it's New Years a cummins -- BACON.........................................

Get up and enjoy the day - - pushing 80 here today. Gorgeous. Go to church - - last chance this year except for New Year night service. Make some resolutions with God - - good for ya.

Later, gator - - -
Bob
Old 12-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Mmmmmmm Bacon Thanks for breakfast Sean

Have a SAFE week folks! let's end this year with NO causalities!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:35 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
BACON - - - BACON - - - BACON - - - LUV BACON. ...............Oh bummer, forgot - - can't eat bacon. Oh well, it's New Years a cummins -- BACON.........................................

Get up and enjoy the day - - pushing 80 here today. Gorgeous. Go to church - - last chance this year except for New Year night service. Make some resolutions with God - - good for ya.

Later, gator - - -
Bob
You should read Grant Peterson's book, "Eat Bacon, Don't Jog: Get Strong. Get Lean. No B*******"

Seriously, I've been trying to eat right all my life. I've also battled all the standard crap, roids, skin problems, over weight and it was progressing into high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, obesity. Felt like crap all the time. Consumed ibuprofen like candy.

At 66, I got into a Maximized Living program, and augmented that with JJ Virgin's diet. Lost the extra weight at a pound a day till it was gone, (Now 5'10, 155 lbs). All the above said problems are history. Heart rate at rest is 53. Threw away the alarm clock. (don't need it)

Diet is lotsa vegies, <50 grams carbs, 75-100 grams protein, > 150 grams of high quality fat. Exercise is varied and random HIIT. Usually get it done by modifying my daily routine, like shoveling snow like a madman for 30 seconds, then leaning on the shovel for 30. 6 reps. You might have to modify that one a bit for your location. When I need to walk a short distance, I'll sprint just because I feel like it.

I don't eat commercial bacon, but I do eat nitrate free salt cured bacon that has to be consumed as quickly as fresh pork or frozen.

Many are finding out that the whole low fat thing is not working. We find that fat doesn't make you fat, sugar (and anything that quickly turns into sugar, like potatoes and bread) is what makes you fat. Salt in moderation is no problem.

I spend a lot on high quality food, but it's a lot less than the average Joe my age spends on doctoring. I'd rather spend it on food.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:28 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning to everybody on this last Sunday of this year.
Sean, you always do such a good job with the morning meals. We are going to get fat and it will be your fault.

Beautiful sunrise this morning. Too bad the sunrise only lasts for such a short while. A bit cloudy today, no rain and just a slight breeze. High of 24C / 76F forecast.

Had a very good day yesterday. Worked hard all day and got to use my new chainsaw quite a bit. It is awesome! Talking of using new tools, have been using my new 1/2" cordless hammer drill a lot. It is by far the best drill that I have ever owned.

All the rain that we had recently has dug out a big ditch down the side of the road next to my out of town property and yesterday needed 4 WD to get thru it. In spite of my big tires and the high truck and crossing the ditch very slowly at an angle, felt the front bumper touch on one corner as I crossed. The truck handled it with no problem.

Got a busy week ahead of me, even busier than normal. That should keep me out of mischief. Oh wait, I NEVER get into any mischief, so what am I talking about?

Hope that every one of you have fantastic final week of 2014 and may ALL of 2015 be a fantastic year for you. Dream big and ask big. Remember, the Bible says that you have not, because you ask not. So ask and ask big. Ask for the impossible and see what happens. Tell us in 12 months how it worked.

j martin, I see that you posted while I was typing, so am adding to my original post. I have been staying away from all soda's and all artificial or processed foods for the last few years now. Absolutely no milk, but I do slip now and then and have some yummy cheese. Seldom any bread or pasta. Eat a lot of fruits and raw veggie salads. I am in excellent health and need zero meds. Bottom line, your body is very definitely a product of what goes into your mouth.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I regularly download audio books for when I'm driving.
For some reason the one title I dloaded wasn't what it was supposed to be. I ended up listening to a book called wheat belly. Similar to J Martin's and some parts of other suggestions for diet. I've reduced my carbs substantially but not enough.
As for what I call 'surge' training, snow shoveling is a perfect example.
I've worn out many shovels or snapped them in half, too heavy.

Only -37C wind chill here today. Almost got the truck back together. Going to run it a bit before the dash is completely secured to watch for any leaking from the new heater core.

Then we are off to my sister's home for Christmas dinner.
Too many of my clan had to work Christmas Day.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
I wish I could say good riddance to 2014, but I already know it's going to haunt me well into 2015. As they say, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:52 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Actually, cougar, I heard it as "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose...but you can't pick your friend's nose"

Hope all is well this last week of the year that simultaneously wouldn't end, yet went by like a fart in a dust storm.

One more new truck to rig out by Jan 5, then back to the mundane " I don't know what happened, it just broke" stuff.

Have fun people
Old 12-28-2014, 12:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hate to eat and run, but it's "honey-do" day!

Gotta try to knock the list down some. I keep tripping over it....
Old 12-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Seeing as this crowd seems to like bacon so much, I think y'all might like this recipe - bacon wrapped onion rings.

I am not posting the link because it looks like the site it comes from might have some questionable content.

Go to wwww dot dose dot com and search for bacon wrapped onion rings.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:57 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by pind
Actually, cougar, I heard it as "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose...but you can't pick your friend's nose"
Applied relative physics.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:10 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
watching bills whup new England. a very nice end to the season.

sauna, Belgian orange bier, might make fun stuff for dinner.

NE; nice pics, were you at a tractor show for that lil dozer? magnatrack maybe?

nice reading what your theory is JM, you are my Einstein.
mexstan will always be king, top will always be 'sir'. yada yada

might hear from neuro docs tomorrow, might decide to just drive to California....lol for myself, gonna ask if I can exercise (bacon, Christmas cookies) want to get back to swimming. great for mind and body.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:19 PM

Little dozer?
Old 12-28-2014, 04:12 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
[QUOTE=Justwannabeme;3262597]
nice reading what your theory is JM.[/QUOTE

Not mine, I'm a follower.

On September 28, 2013 Jon Olsen, at age 39, broke the American 100 mile marathon record by over 12 minutes. He crossed the finish line in good shape, pumping his fists. His nearest competitor was miles behind him. He did it by switching to the low carb diet and training on it.

Then on December 14, Zach Miller took another 12 minutes off Jon's record. Same strategy. It's called OFM (Optimized Fat Metabolization)

My boss is 53. He plays soccer with the teenagers. He's been on it for 10 years.

Quick Reply: *** Auld Lang Syne Breakroom 12/28/14 - 1/3/15 ***