Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Look out bad guys!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by chasmack

FYI: DPS officers usually do not stay in the same area for more than 2-3 years. Like our Game Wardens the state doesn't want them to become too friendly with the community and maybe becoming to lax in their duties.

Charlie
Funny you mention that, I was talking to some of them the other day and I brought up how it seems like every so often there is a task force sent here to work I-10 just outside Katy heading west. They informed me (not sure if it's true) that when an officer doesn't meet his ticket quota that they send them there because they know it's a given he'll over achieve in the area. There is a 7 mile stretch that is as straight and flat as can be just past Katy and I've seen as many as 7 on one side of the freeway and 5 on the other at the same time, it looked like a mobile x-mas parade at night

I have never seen the viper patrol car either. I have seen a couple vettes, a few camaros and a ton of the mustang lx's with some HIGHLY modified engines in them. When I was a kid my dads ex partner moved to a different location and was put on high pursuit patrol. He was given a squad car that had been modified, whenever they had someone they couldn't catch they called him in and he just waited and the race was on. Man he had some stories that were unbelievable.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Ever heard of Mad Max....
Old 04-09-2005, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Hoss
I've driven lots of miles in Texas and I've NEVER seen a Dodge Viper police car. I've seen Mustangs, Camaros and a few others....but never a Viper. Not saying they don't exist....but've sure never seen one.
I was in dallas the only time i saw one...

It wasnt painted the typical white and black scheme most DPS cars are, this one ironically was black just like that one, it had some sirens on it to, and the state of tx logo on the side... Ive only seen one, and that was enough, unless it was for something else.. but highly unlikey..
ironically ive never seen a mustang dps car.....

Tx
Old 04-10-2005, 03:10 AM

In the Bay Area, they bought 60 Camaros just for mostly commercial use.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This may not sound exactly the way it is intended so cut me a little slack and read between the lines if need be.
The only problem that I have found with any of the officers that I have came in contact with is that most of them need to learn to “read “ people. It seems that when they put on a gun and badge they forget that most people are good and will cooperate with them.
I’m not saying that they should give up control of any situation, its just that when a traffic stop is made and they approach the vehicle and the person in it has their license, CCL and insurance card in hand and both hands on the wheel with the window down you can pretty much believe that you will get full cooperation and not have to show that you are in charge.
Don’t get me wrong here I would not have their job for double the money and have a lot of respect for the job that they do, its just that in this area we seem to have a lot of officers that have a bad outlook on life. Maybe it just comes with the job.

This includes both DPS and locals. Maybe some of you that are in law enforcement can chime in here and set the record straight .

OK flame on .
Old 04-11-2005, 11:08 AM

Well I dont know about Texas, but when I got stopped in Jersey and the tropper saw that I had my window down the keys on the roof, licence insurance and reg. on the dash and both hands on the wheel, he just looked at me and said

"You've done this before, haven't you?"

Then he let off the hook.... After I told him who my cousin was( his boss)