Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Look out bad guys!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Palmetto_kid
From that angle, is kinda looks like a 4-door mustang.
That's exactly what I thought when I first looked at it.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by calls
There's no doubt the are extremely courteous as well as professional. They just aren't as forgiving sometimes
That is for sure. One of the tickets I got in college was for going 74 in a 60. As I stood at the back of my truck I did my best to chit-chat my way out of the ticket. The dude was smiling and laughing and we were talking like we were old buddies....but that pen just kept right on writing.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoss, good thing the dude in the truck didnt put the scales under your truck, I'm sure your over the limit with the you know what in back
Old 04-07-2005, 07:36 PM

Hoss....
Old 04-07-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by calls
There's no doubt the are extremely courteous as well as professional. They just aren't as forgiving sometimes
You aint kiddin...

Thats for sure.. Ive seen them with dodge vipers in dallas texas... Anyone wanna outrun the law now? I wanna be a DPS if i can get that car...

Tx
Old 04-07-2005, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by TxDiesel007
You aint kiddin...

Thats for sure.. Ive seen them with dodge vipers in dallas texas... Anyone wanna outrun the law now? I wanna be a DPS if i can get that car...

Tx

Sure why not, run um up to 120 or so and turn real fast, poor viper wouldnt know what to do, or go down a bumpy road. hehehe evil my 99 could outrun a viper that way . although not a cop so he was a lil more cautions about it im sure
Old 04-08-2005, 03:22 AM

At least you guys in the Lone Star State know what your cops look like, here in Washington literally anything can be a state patrol, I'm talkin minvans, a Volvo station wagon, suvs, anything. And no markings or anything, just lights hidden behind the grille. And they like thier laser guns here too.
V
Old 04-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
VA State Police have several Plain-Wrapper 5.0 Mustangs, a couple of Jeep Wagoneers, and I've seen a Purple Chevy IROC Camaro that belongs to Prince William County.

Sneeeeeaky, ain't they?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:06 AM

Originally posted by TxDiesel007
Ive seen them with dodge vipers in dallas texas...
You're kidding me, right!? A Viper patrol car would be awesome. I'd love to see one. The sight of that thing would make most people just give up.

Around here the cops don't have ANYTHING special. It was a huge deal in town when our police force bought a new Suburban a couple weeks ago. And we're not exactly a little town... about 45,000 people.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by doomgaze
You're kidding me, right!? A Viper patrol car would be awesome. I'd love to see one. The sight of that thing would make most people just give up.

Around here the cops don't have ANYTHING special. It was a huge deal in town when our police force bought a new Suburban a couple weeks ago. And we're not exactly a little town... about 45,000 people.
Probably refering to this picture

Old 04-08-2005, 07:39 AM

Just remember...you can't outrun Motorola...but for some reason the cops around here don't use them very often

All the cops around here have is Crown Vics, Impala's, and Chevy trucks. The only Emergency vehicle in the county that's a Dodge is in my township...01.5 2500 CUMMINS Auto( ) with a Grass Fire pump and tank in the back. For stock, she'll roll a puff of smoke when she's loaded down

Chris
Old 04-08-2005, 09:47 AM

I'd have thought that you would solve the stock problem for them by now.......
Old 04-08-2005, 12:27 PM

Originally posted by 92DIESEL
Hoss, good thing the dude in the truck didnt put the scales under your truck, I'm sure your over the limit with the you know what in back
Nah. First of all, it was an empty F-250 that belonged to the company I was working for at the time. Second, even with my concrete bedliner in my current truck it's well under the GVWR.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:31 PM

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Probably refering to this picture

I've driven lots of miles in Texas and I've NEVER seen a Dodge Viper police car. I've seen Mustangs, Camaros and a few others....but never a Viper. Not saying they don't exist....but've sure never seen one.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by Hoss
I don't know about that. I've been pulled over by Texas DPS several times and they're always professional and courteous. Of course....they STILL write you the ticket....but they're professional and courteous when they do it.

Yes, they are professional, courteous and tough when they need to be. It's amazing what their presence will do for most people's attitude. I've had patients who were intoxicated at a MVA giving me grief. All I'm trying to do is to check them out to see if they want to be transported to the ER and with the verbal abuse I'm taking I just want to give them a little O2 (bottle) therapy.
When DPS (TX) shows up on scene these "problem" patients become just as polite and pleasant as they can be. The DPS officers also take care of other public safety professionals since they don't know when they might need a "Ditch Doctor" also.

FYI: DPS officers usually do not stay in the same area for more than 2-3 years. Like our Game Wardens the state doesn't want them to become too friendly with the community and maybe becoming to lax in their duties.

Charlie

Quick Reply: Look out bad guys!