Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

1 for the good guys 0 for the bad guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 1 for the good guys 0 for the bad guys

Hi,
This isn't diesel or trucks except for my dualy was outside at the time. Since this is my computer home I thought I'd share this event with y'all.

2:00 am night before last I just got out of the shower and was laying on the bed reading. I hear "tap, tap...tap" on the window across the hall in son's bedroom.

I think "edit druggie again" .(We've had our share of problems in the family.) already had one breakin and nearly mopped the floor with the first edit. Saw him go down in court bruises and all.

I scramble around trying to fit into my jeans, can't find my edit glasses, edit shoes are out by the garage door in the kitchen. It's pouring rain out side. edit with it , I'm going to work this edit over once and for all.

I carefully and quietly open the front door which is in an alcove just around the corner from the window.

Just then he comes around the corner. I slipped on the edit grass or I would have layed the hardest linebacker smash on him ever seen.

I chase after him out to the street where there is gravel all over. Well no sense tearing up my feet for this edit. I dash back to the house, remembering where my cell phone is and call 911. 2 min later 6 squads arrive and search the whole neighborhood.
nothing..

hour later I get a call thanking me for my help. The edit had run from an arrest and the cops had lost him. As a result they got back on the trail and caught him in the next subdivision over, and the edit is in permanent jail. yes, yes, yes

talk about getting high. nothing like the feeling of putting the hurt on druggies.

my baseball shoes now reside by the bed, as does the cell phone and easy fit jeans. silent motion detector is in the works tied to the video cam.

I'm taking the neighborhood back if I have to do it myself.

Told my neighbor I'm taking pictures of everything that moves in the area and I'll kick anything that doesn't then take it's picture. Car comes by I don't recognize and I'll video it from one end to the other. Stranger comes by and guarantee I'll have them on tape or flim. Bring edit in this neighborhood and you go down I don't care who the edit it is.

druggies beware ....bad moon arising....come round tonight...it'll take your life.

Just a reminder of the site rules, specifically using abbreviations or symbols instead of swear words
Old 06-20-2004, 01:34 PM

My only piece of advise: WATCH YOUR TEMPER. I do feel the same way as you, but I have also realized that my temper can get in the way of better judgement. I am not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to help keep you out of jail also. I wish others would take a stand against these types and get rid of them too.
Tom
P.S. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Old 06-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Banned

Glad to see that there are still people out there who aren't scared to protect there homes. Keep up the good work man.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:33 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Hehe, lots of edit's in the post.
I think that it's good to help to keep the law enforced- but with some care. Losing the temper and maybe injuring or killing a person that's on your premises (regardless whether legitimately or not) should really be the last alternative. At least over here the law values life and health a great deal higher than property. (Personally I do agree with that)

AlpineRAM
Old 06-21-2004, 12:02 AM

I appologize

I'm truly sorry for the red ink I caused and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I think a great majority of people dismiss the drug problem as "not in our house" or "glad it's someone else's problem". "It's a dirty thing and I don't want to know about it" and on and on hoping they will not have to deal with it.

You're hearing it from someone who thought and said the same thing. I had the American dream family. Beautiful wife, 2 wonderful boys, all the "things" we dream of.

Enter drugs. Kids tossed out of school, more drugs, more jails, more courts, more early morning visits from the constables on patrol, house broken into and ripped up by druggie, more courts, more lawsuits, counseling, more family counseling, drug education, more drug education, outpatient visits, outpatient counseling, visits to the DA (dist att) office, finally inpatient care out of town. Visit inpatient weekly 300 miles round trip.
The day arrives the patient comes home finally and the "cure" is on. Only the family is back together on a raft instead of the ocean liner.

Less than 12 hours later my previous post starts. Not even 12 hours and drugs find their way back!! Nobody in our family asked for them to come visit..they came to us.

Yes I'm angry...beyond words.

A judge told me "We are talking about lives here" (referencing my boys). "What ever it takes to keep them away from drugs"

Is it fun to give your boys daily drug tests?? pat downs, random room searches, demanding who,when, where and why for every move made??? just to name a few.

Wouldn't it be fun to go to a "truck" meeting once a month and hoot about the latest "ricer" smoking.. Instead I get go to "drug" meetings 3 days a week plus all the other stuff that goes with it.

yesirre drugs are wonderful. Changed my life, my sons lives, my wifes life...to....????

Am I looking for sympathy???? not on a bet. Quite the contrary, listen to me...don't let this into your life. Learn about the dreadfull effects of drugs..don't think for a moment they can't get into your life. Blow the whistle don't standby and think it will go away.

With this I will leave this stuff in my head to deal with as I've learned. I hope I have caused eyes to be opened (not at my red ink) but at the biggest problem facing us today.

thanks
bentwings
Old 06-21-2004, 12:02 AM

I've heard the cops in concealed & carry classes say something like this: "If you absolutely HAVE to shoot somebody on your property, make sure they're dead, that way they can't fight you in court."

Also, if you shoot somebody and they get off your property, for some reason AK laws say you're in the wrong....or it's a lot harder to prove that they were on your property in the first place. If it's determined that somebody is shot in the back it looks bad on you because it looks like the perpetrator was running away (the threat to the victim decreases).

I think I'd have some nice football cleats next to my bed if there was the chance the grass is wet! At least then you could have a chance at laying somebody out pretty hard!
Old 06-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bentwings, sorry to hear about the situation with your boys. I'm sure that can be rough and I think we can all understand why you'd be angry. My recommendation? See my signature for a good start.

Welder, shoot someone in the back and you've got a major problem no matter who's property they're on. I carry on a daily basis, but I hope and pray that I NEVER have to draw my weapon except for target practice. Shooting someone should always be a last resort.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by Hoss
Bentwings, sorry to hear about the situation with your boys. I'm sure that can be rough and I think we can all understand why you'd be angry. My recommendation? See my signature for a good start.
We know you carry Hoss, it's a concrete bed liner.
Proverbs 22:6 is also a good place to start. Nat
Old 06-21-2004, 10:42 AM

There was a huge controversy up here about a local church pastor who heard somebody breaking into his church (he lived next door). He goes to check things out w/ his 44 mag in hand. It was dark in the hallway where he found them and he couldn't tell if they were a threat to him or not...but he heard them running toward him. So he shoots them...one inside the church and the other while he was outside running away from the church. The one guy inside the church lived...the guy outside running away got to his friend's house and died on the couch. Amazingly, eventhough the pastor was shooting at a guy on the run, he was aquitted of all charges and is now a free man. The jury's reasoning for the ruling is 1) the pastor has no criminal records 2) it was dark and confusing 3) he had no idea if the other guy was running to the car to get a weapon.

The jury could have ruled against the pastor pretty easily, but the circumstances said no.

Now, in this case, a flashlight attached to his gun would have been helpful.

And I agree...you only have the right to shoot somebody if you feel your safety is threatened.

But as for bentwing's case, I think he has all the right to whip somebody's butt into submission and restraint until the cops come!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:05 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My motto before retiremenet was " take no guff and cut no slack, Hook'em ,Book'em and Dont look back" ........
Bentwig, if they are not posing a IMMEDIATE threat of death or great bodily harm to you or another person, you are not justified in using any form of deadly force regardless of whose property they are on.
One of the worst cases I ever got involved in was an old man who caught a kid breaking in. He pulled his gun and forced the kid to sit in a chair waiting for the officeres to get there.
While they were waiting, the kid made a dive for the window he had come in through, his breaker bar was laying on the floor by it.
The old man shot him , killed him, thinking he was going for the bar.
The jury took only two hours to decide the kid was probably just trying to escape out the window and convicted the old man of manslaughter, and he was sentenced to 5-10 yrs.
The convictioon was upheld in federal apeals, andd the topper?
The kids drug-dealing scum bucket of a fathjer sued, AND WON, for the old man violating the kids civil rights.
Thats what you are up against in this world for doing what may be moraly right.
That said, learn what a "throw down " is............................
Old 06-21-2004, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by welder27
There was a huge controversy up here about a local church pastor who heard somebody breaking into his church (he lived next door). He goes to check things out w/ his 44 mag in hand. It was dark in the hallway where he found them and he couldn't tell if they were a threat to him or not...but he heard them running toward him. So he shoots them...one inside the church and the other while he was outside running away from the church. The one guy inside the church lived...the guy outside running away got to his friend's house and died on the couch. Amazingly, eventhough the pastor was shooting at a guy on the run, he was aquitted of all charges and is now a free man. The jury's reasoning for the ruling is 1) the pastor has no criminal records 2) it was dark and confusing 3) he had no idea if the other guy was running to the car to get a weapon.

The jury could have ruled against the pastor pretty easily, but the circumstances said no.

Now, in this case, a flashlight attached to his gun would have been helpful.

And I agree...you only have the right to shoot somebody if you feel your safety is threatened.

But as for bentwing's case, I think he has all the right to whip somebody's butt into submission and restraint until the cops come!
Personally, I have a MAJOR problem with the way the preacher reacted to the situation. First of all, he should have just called the cops and watched to try and get a good description of the people if they left the building before the police arrived. They were no threat to him at the time and in my opinion theft or vandalism is not a good reason to take someone's life (if they want it that bad they can have it as far as I'm concerned).

Second.....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER shoot at a target that you haven't clearly identified as a threat and that you can't see. What if this "intruder" had been a member of the high school youth group just up to no good in the building?? How would that go on a man's conscience?

Third, never shoot someone running away from you. If they are running away they are no longer a threat.

I wasn't there so I don't know the full story, but knowing the laws in Texas I can't say that I would have acquitted him if I were on the jury.

Now that we've successfully hijacked this thread....back to Bentwing's story.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:13 PM

Fellas,

I hate to say it but I disagree with the most of you. If a unknown person is on my property at night uninvited, it is considered a threat, if this person is sneaking around, I know it is a threat. I will deal with threats accordingly. Sorry Alpine, You steal from me and I catch you, you stand a good chance of death, you ask for help, you'll probablly get it. I do beleive in property rights, what's mine is mine, NOT someones who is too lazy to work.
How I see it is if you are brazen enough to steal, you are brazen enough to attempt to hurt my family. Am I going to wait till its too late to find out your 'actual threat' or am I going to deal with you how I feel necessary, its my choice, your risk.

Of course I like to keep things simple, don't steal from me, don't threaten me or my family and I will NEVER feel the urge to shoot you.

DuaneWKKC

Edit:

oh yea, good job Bentwing, If we all quite hidding and start standing up for what is right it would make a difference. I find myself very intollerant (sp?) anymore.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:36 PM

Very powerful post bentwings. I agree with the way you handle things 100%. The liberal judges value the criminal's rights more than peoples property. This is truly sad.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by DuaneWKKC
Fellas,

I hate to say it but I disagree with the most of you. If a unknown person is on my property at night uninvited, it is considered a threat, if this person is sneaking around, I know it is a threat. I will deal with threats accordingly. Sorry Alpine, You steal from me and I catch you, you stand a good chance of death, you ask for help, you'll probablly get it. I do beleive in property rights, what's mine is mine, NOT someones who is too lazy to work.
How I see it is if you are brazen enough to steal, you are brazen enough to attempt to hurt my family. Am I going to wait till its too late to find out your 'actual threat' or am I going to deal with you how I feel necessary, its my choice, your risk.

Of course I like to keep things simple, don't steal from me, don't threaten me or my family and I will NEVER feel the urge to shoot you.

DuaneWKKC

Edit:

oh yea, good job Bentwing, If we all quite hidding and start standing up for what is right it would make a difference. I find myself very intollerant (sp?) anymore.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has feelings about this. I respect that.

In Texas, I can LEGALLY shoot and kill a young teenage boy for trying to steal a lugnut off of my truck at night. That's what the law says. Personally, even though I wouldn't just stand there and allow him to do it, I don't think something like stealing a lugnut off of my truck is worth taking someone's life over. Yes, they are scum. However, I'm not really in a big hurry to kill anyone....scum or otherwise. Heck, someone could steal my truck and I still wouldn't shoot at them. Would I try to stop them? YES!! Would I shoot them? Not unless they were trying to run over me with my own truck. It's just not worth it to me. That's why I pay for insurance.

On the other hand, if someone is threatening me or a loved one or even a perfect stranger with imminent bodily harm or death then I will not hesitate to shoot. As I said earlier, I hope and pray that never happens.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:06 PM

Well guys and gals, The way I see things like this is: The only ones that can say exactly what they would do in a "threatening" situation are the members of law enforcement. They are the ones that have the training to tell a percieved from a real threat. All the rest of us do not have the training to be able to tell me or your next door neighbor exactly what you will do. We all will react to the given circumstances. I hope and pray that NO ONE here is ever forced into the situation of having to take someones life. However, I do agree with what bentwings wants to do. I feel very much the same way about the person who assaulted me. But that doesn't make it right. I do know that I cannot do much about it as far as physical violence. The only recource that I have is by going through the legal system. The only thing I am looking for here is for everyone to keep a level head. It is way too easy to get wound up in the emotional situation and lose all chance of a "reasonable" solution. That is my opinion. Just remember "an opinion is just like a certain bodily "orifice". We all have one and they are all different".
Tom

Quick Reply: 1 for the good guys 0 for the bad guys