Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

LG Shine

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LG Shine

Have had mine for a couple of months, lost my Samsung in the ocean down in matagorda. Seems like a good phone, but I keep getting this suspicion that its gonna crap out on me at any given moment. Everyonce in awhile it will cut itself off before I can answer a call, just goes black and I have to restart it. It is picky about sending messages in low reception areas, alot more picky than any other phone I've had. I have to call ATT and get my internet service updated seems like everymonth it will happen I can't access my MyCast weather or retrieve any pictures that are sent to me. But I forked out 300 because my dumb self didn't insure my last phone. And I feel even dumber now that the phone is causing me grief. Really, I get when it won't let me send a text after 5-6 attempts when my samsung would do it the first time usually always. It also has a delay when I enter stuff in, sometimes delays 2-3 letters at a time before catching back up.

So whos got one of these fabulous phones?

other than that I like that I can hear the person talking to me and it has a great camera.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM

I must be the only dummy (i'm thinking of Red Fox right now)

"Go on, Dummy!"
Old 07-02-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got one. Had an issue with it last year that if I so much as breathed on it, it would shut off. Sent it back, they supposedly fixed it, worked for about a week then back to shutting off. Turns out after it met up with the concrete one day that the battery contacts bent enough that the slightest movement would make it lose battery connection and it'd shut off. Bent the contacts back and its worked great ever since. I've noticed that it's kinda touchy with text messages at times as well but I think that's my service provider, not the phone. Overall I'm happy with it, but when the time comes, I won't be signing a three year contract ever again.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't have one but get on LG's website and see if there's any firmware upgrades.

MikeyB
Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 AM

Thanks ya'll, I don't feel so bad now. Mikey I will look on the site. Up in the hill country right now.