Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

"Improper Exhaust"

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Wow some of these responses show a complete lack of respect for your neighbors

This is a small world once you factor in all the people, it sure makes life easier if you attempt to get along with your neighbors. Not everyone finds that Cummins noise as "sweet" music like you do, that doesn't make their opinion any less valid than yours.

Give them a break! be quiet when you go by their homes, it will make you a better person and a better neighbor . You can have your fun elsewhere without causing grief to the people you live near.

I know it makes you angry that these people jump on you about it, but remember they have been stewing on this issue for some time and are upset by the time they finally get a chance to talk to you about it.

If you go and talk with them as Phox does, you will find they won't complain as much because you are showing them you respect them and their feelings. Thats all they want anyway, respect and a little kindness goes a long way

Removing your muffler or modifying your exhaust is illegal in most states, they have every right to complain if it bothers them. It is up to you to do the right thing and make the effort to get along, the little bit of effort you put out to be nice, will repay you in dividends
Old 04-27-2005, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not trying to come across like a self centered buthole. I try to be nice, and i always come in quiet at night. I dont want to cause problems. She doesent complain about it bieng loud. Only driving the "fast" 35mph i drive. I know for a fact her and her husband come in just as fast as i do. And her husband drives a 24v CTD. I think she just thinks im going fast because my truck is loud. The thing is; her grandson(who i know), and his uncle come in just as fast as i do, and he has an older toyota, and also an older volkswagon that are straight piped. They are always working on them, and revving them up too; but it doesent bother me in the least. I just think if shes gona fuss at me for drving 35mph; then she should fuss at everyone else for driving 35mph, and not just me because im young. I feel like when you're young you just dont have any respect from SOME(not all) older people. Even her daughter(in her 30's) appoligized to me for her mom telling my dad that. She doesent have a problem with me. Just gets on my nerves sometimes.

Eric