Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

"Improper Exhaust"

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I consider myself pretty lucky... 5" straight pipe, 5" stacks, etc. I've had a bunch of other hot rods too. and I live in a semi-stuffy suburban neighborhood. Neighbors don't really say anything. maybe they're just scared of me
Old 04-24-2005, 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To tell you guys the truth, I could care less if anyone in the neighborhood likes me or my truck. It doesnt matter to me if they dont like how loud it is, I like it and thats all that matters. There are alot of things that people do in this subdivison that I dont like (see above) Just my .002 worth. The way I see it, take it or leave it. haha
Old 04-24-2005, 11:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im not trying to be mean to you anyone, Im just saying how I feel about the whole situation with the cops and people...
Old 04-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Banned

oh, I don't care what they think either... I just don't like talking to police officers!!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:08 PM

could you drive the opposite way and detour away from his house?
Old 04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately, he has the power to make your life miserable (a few phone calls or whatever) so it is best to try and get along with him.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by Mopar1973man
The local cop wishs he could do it to his DuraMax but it will void his warranty! I normally drive pass the local cop and kick the skinny pedal to get the exhaust to grunt!... He just smiles and waves!
That's cool.

He could get a "sneaker muffler" from Rip. "This is a 4" straight pipe in a muffler case. Just for you straight pipe guys that want to dampen resonation or pass a "visual" inspection".

Looks like a muffler, but it isn't.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:59 PM

That sucks. One of my neighbors is also a buthole, and told my dad one day that i "fly" up and down our road(he knows i dont). I usually run about 35mph up, and down our road. She called the sheriff to see what the speed limit was and everything. She said it was 15mph but i dont believe that. She also had 2 "SLOW; children at play" signs put up. One at each end of the road. Some people are just stupid. My parents hardly ever hear me come in at 12 o clock at night. If that woman ever gets in front of me on the road, i will not hesitate to pass her if shes going slow, and let me tell you. She WILL hear that 4 inch straight screaming for all its worth when i do. I dont like causing problems, so i dont try to; but when people try to start crap with me about stupid stuff. It makes me mad. Most the time when i meet her on the road now i just drive on by, and dont look or wave. My buddy came up the road a little fast in his cummins one day, and she called his mom before he even got to my house. Now maybe he was going a little fast, but he doesent come up the road that often, so why does she have to call his mom the one time he does? One day im just going to do a big burnout right in front of her house . You cant come in with an automatic and climb a hill idling though. They wont do it unless you can lock the converter in 3rd, and just idle up the hill. If you want Masseyman, send me a pm with you cell # or phone # or something and ill call you up, and well talk sometime. Maybe we could meet somewhere sometime? We could talk about all these stupid people who think our trucks are to loud.

Eric
Old 04-26-2005, 03:32 AM
Tire Hater

Wow, you guys need to learn compromise. They aren't asking you for much, if anything, just a lil' common courtesy. Add to the fact they have the power to make you VERY miserable, it doesn't seem like a good trade-off. Just be nice and you won't have a problem. None of my neighbors complain about my truck, which is rather loud, but then again I don't go cruising down residential streets at 35 pounds of boost either. Just do 900rpm, it will keep switching gears but then stay in third.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had new neighbors move in next door.
I went over and introduced mayself and let them know I had a rather loud truck and I worked late, that I'd be idling into the driveway around 11:30pm then letting it cool for about a minute, they were cool about it.
I didn't however let them know about the mosquito fogging they'll get come January,
guess I'll have to mention that before Christmas.

There's a couple neighbors around the corner and up the street that have mentioned they know when it's time to take their kids to school 'cause they hear my truck fire up.

No one's complained yet, all the comments have been good natured.

I only have a mufflerectomy.
They might change thier tune when the 4inch straight pipe goes in, but at least that's a ways off.

phox
Old 04-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Banned

stack it... it's quieter than straight pipe outside the truck
Old 04-26-2005, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by John_Rodriguez
Wow, you guys need to learn compromise. They aren't asking you for much, if anything, just a lil' common courtesy. Add to the fact they have the power to make you VERY miserable, it doesn't seem like a good trade-off. Just be nice and you won't have a problem. None of my neighbors complain about my truck, which is rather loud, but then again I don't go cruising down residential streets at 35 pounds of boost either. Just do 900rpm, it will keep switching gears but then stay in third.
I know what you are saying, and it wouldnt bother me in the least to slow down some if she had asked nicely but she was a buthole about it, and there was no need for that. Shes just an old lady with nothing else to do but cause trouble. Besides; all she was worried about was her stupid dogs. I would never want to run over anyones dog, nor would i want them to run over mine, but she reffered to them as "her babies" when she was talking to dad, and they shouldnt be in the road anyways if she's worried about them. Dad plainly told her, that he was sorry if her dogs got run over because they were in the road, but that there is nothing he can do about it if they do get run over because they were in the middle of the road. I come up the road at about 1200 rpm's with the converter locked in 3rd. Dont kick on it or anything when im coming in at night, and run 40mph at best, and most the time only 35.

Eric
Old 04-26-2005, 08:33 PM

I just built a house in a new development and haven't met all the folks in the area so I've been ***** footing when coming and going. I'll tell you, it's the most painful two block of driving I've ever done. I have a cop that lives right across the street, he seems fine, hasn't said anything yet. Everything I own has tinted windows, and loud exhaust. I'm just not sure how the area would feel about the 4' chunk of 5" staight pipe sitting in my garage that desperately wants to go on my truck. How loud is a 5" S/P just idling around the neighborhood?

I really don't want to make a name for myself this early in the game. I should have bought an acreage!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:16 PM

The way I look at guys is... you should try to respect all people the best you can. Remember we are the ones that are modifing our trucks away from stock setup.

When I enter city limits (any town) I will turn off the jakes and drive like I've got a egg under the throttle especially around residential areas. I might cobb the throttle for a buddie on the street but normally I keep it light...

I know that my truck is loud... So I do what I can to keep the noise down when in town... But when I leave the city limits... LOOK OUT... I JUST DROPPED THE HAMMER! Listen to it sing!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:35 AM
tcr

All you have to do is buy a Harley w/ sampsons(pipes), or ride your modified 2 or 4 stroke dirtbike (mine-YZ426) around the neighborhood, and that truck will be the least of your troubles!

Quick Reply: "Improper Exhaust"