Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I should know this - Duramax belching white and blue smoke at idle.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In regards to dirty fuel and Injectors...Dirty fuel can hurt Injectors easily, the same as water. Have you ever seen what happens to an injector if too much water is sent through the system and the injector tries to inject water?

Reason being the new CR are going with 2mu filters, anything above 2 microns can hurt the fuel system.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but has GM actually taken dirty fuel...whether it be dirt particles, water in the fuel, bacteria...basically every kind of "dirt" that is able to appear/get into diesel fuel. And tested the injectors with this fuel? It's very easy to mess up an injector if the filters are not a fine enough micron reading and all of that fun stuff!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinner
In regards to dirty fuel and Injectors...Dirty fuel can hurt Injectors easily, the same as water. Have you ever seen what happens to an injector if too much water is sent through the system and the injector tries to inject water?

Reason being the new CR are going with 2mu filters, anything above 2 microns can hurt the fuel system.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but has GM actually taken dirty fuel...whether it be dirt particles, water in the fuel, bacteria...basically every kind of "dirt" that is able to appear/get into diesel fuel. And tested the injectors with this fuel? It's very easy to mess up an injector if the filters are not a fine enough micron reading and all of that fun stuff!
fine yes understood got it I know I realize dirty fuel CAN hurt/ruin injectors but thats NOT WHAT is killing the LB7 duramax injectors.

I dont know how else to explain it or prove it. If people think they can magically solve the LB7 injector problems by slapping a FASS or some fancy filter doo-hicky on a truck, then by all means, patent that idea and sell it. You'll make a fortune. Because im sure many guys who have over 200k miles (when the warranty runs out) on their LB7's are sick and tired of paying thousands of dollars to replace injectors.

ben