Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I love this site!!!

Old 11-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking I love this site!!!

i just got an email from the Cummins forum, i had forgotten all about that site seeing that i spend so much time here. The email is suggesting that they start charging for membership. That's too bad, and that's what makes this Free site so great.
here is a link http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11042.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't give the guys any ideas!

They pay me to stay here! Must be my witty charm and good looks.

Wait a minute, there is another web site? I thought this WAS the internet! You mean there are other web sites out there? My puter came load with DTR as my only (home) page.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266

They pay me to stay here!
That money goes to keep you here? I gave under the understanding that it would get you out
Old 11-22-2006, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
That money goes to keep you here? I gave under the understanding that it would get you out
It keeps me out of the 3rd gen threads only.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
It keeps me out of the 3rd gen threads only.
Well in that case I'm glad to do what I can

Anyone want to buy a 12v so I can put a down payment on a third gen
Old 11-23-2006, 12:31 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
i just got an email from the Cummins forum, i had forgotten all about that site seeing that i spend so much time here. The email is suggesting that they start charging for membership. That's too bad, and that's what makes this Free site so great.
here is a link http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11042.
Wow. With their size, they are most likely going to be asking for trouble if they try it. I'm not sure how many members per day they're getting but when we were that size, it was around 15. If they did that now, it'd probably drop to about 1 or less once the current members all paid their dues.

Rapid growth has good and bad. For us, it was great because with more knowledgable people, the more information we had, which brought more people. On the flip side, the site got much more expensive to run, and with 60 or more new members every day, much harder to moderate. Heck, we are getting days now where we will have more than that register. Posts in 2005 were 400 per day and we're topping 1400 per day now. We used to be lax with our rules, because no one broke them for the most part. As we grew, we had to enforce them more regularly, just like they are starting to do now. At the stage they're in, my belief is that it would kill them. They would stay the same size and once you got your small influx of yearly memberships, you're done with.

I dunno. Either way, I wish them luck. It's not easy managing growth and time. We went about it a different way. We put up some more ads, and we also have the online store. I know some of the guys here don't like the ads, but it had to happen in order for us to survive. If those guys give it time, and if they can make it over 20k or so with their membership numbers, they can continue to run the site without needing paying members.

Oh well, life goes on.

We WILL NOT charge our members a fee to be a part of our forum. I have never believed in that, and I haven't changed my mind on it. We considered it a couple of times, but always decided against it for many reasons. Soon, the DTR will be the largest Dodge/Cummins related site out there, and there is a reason for that. Our members, who can come here anytime they want, to a good clean site, and use it for free. If those members want to buy something, many of them buy it here, and we give them good deals. If they find something interesting in an ad, they'll click it. So just by being here, you guys are not only providing helpful information, but in a way, you're also helping us to survive and grow!! Plant the right seed in the right soil, and add water. What happens?!

Exactly.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
Wow. With their size, they are most likely going to be asking for trouble if they try it. I'm not sure how many members per day they're getting but when we were that size, it was around 15. If they did that now, it'd probably drop to about 1 or less once the current members all paid their dues.

Rapid growth has good and bad. For us, it was great because with more knowledgable people, the more information we had, which brought more people. On the flip side, the site got much more expensive to run, and with 60 or more new members every day, much harder to moderate. Heck, we are getting days now where we will have more than that register. Posts in 2005 were 400 per day and we're topping 1400 per day now. We used to be lax with our rules, because no one broke them for the most part. As we grew, we had to enforce them more regularly, just like they are starting to do now. At the stage they're in, my belief is that it would kill them. They would stay the same size and once you got your small influx of yearly memberships, you're done with.

I dunno. Either way, I wish them luck. It's not easy managing growth and time. We went about it a different way. We put up some more ads, and we also have the online store. I know some of the guys here don't like the ads, but it had to happen in order for us to survive. If those guys give it time, and if they can make it over 20k or so with their membership numbers, they can continue to run the site without needing paying members.

Oh well, life goes on.

We WILL NOT charge our members a fee to be a part of our forum. I have never believed in that, and I haven't changed my mind on it. We considered it a couple of times, but always decided against it for many reasons. Soon, the DTR will be the largest Dodge/Cummins related site out there, and there is a reason for that. Our members, who can come here anytime they want, to a good clean site, and use it for free. If those members want to buy something, many of them buy it here, and we give them good deals. If they find something interesting in an ad, they'll click it. So just by being here, you guys are not only providing helpful information, but in a way, you're also helping us to survive and grow!! Plant the right seed in the right soil, and add water. What happens?!

Exactly.
And that is Exactly why I'm here, to help and support in any way I can, this is a great site!!

Rick
Old 11-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
Plant the right seed in the right soil, and add water. What happens?!

Exactly.
And let's not forget all the 'fertilizer' that's spread around here daily.

Jack & Lary,
Thanks for providing us all with a 2nd (although Wifey would dispute the correct order) home,
and many great friends across the world linked by the common thread of Diesel power.
And then there's Hoss..............

Happy
Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish I could contribute something more useful here, but I just don't have the knowledge base that 99% of the other members do. I can offer some assistance in the trailer arena, but trailers aren't rocket science and most people can figure things out for themselves.

I do feel some kind of sense of 'family' here tho, and I like that. It's not something I really have anywhere else in my life and coming here a coupla times a day is a form of relaxation that I very much look forward to. And as a side benifit, I actually learn something from time to time... where else can you get concrete bedliners!

chaikwa.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:41 AM

This thread has given me a great idea! I'm gonna charge my relatives $10 a head for Thanksgiving dinner! They come here every year and eat us out of house & home! This year we have 25 coming for dinner. That's $250 I'll make, minus cost of food.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:56 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
hahaha, and on top of that, you won't ever have to deal with them coming over for Thanksgiving ever again!