Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I Hate Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Up to recently, the only thing I ever lost was fuel. Came home about a week or two ago and the house was pretty warm. Went to open the windows and found the screen had been cut. Looking at the rest of them, I found EVERY one of the screens on the basement and main floor had been cut near the window lock area. I have no idea when it actually happened. No entry was made this time.

Wife carries, I carry, neighbors carry, somebody got real lucky we were not home.

Ed
Old 12-04-2005, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Up to recently, the only thing I ever lost was fuel. Came home about a week or two ago and the house was pretty warm. Went to open the windows and found the screen had been cut. Looking at the rest of them, I found EVERY one of the screens on the basement and main floor had been cut near the window lock area. I have no idea when it actually happened. No entry was made this time.

Wife carries, I carry, neighbors carry, somebody got real lucky we were not home.

Ed
either 6 rounds from my 44 mag, or 11 from my 9mm would do the trick.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Banned

friday night my neighbor's bow he has mounted on his trailer was broken into. the cut the locks, took his expensive pintle hook set-up, 4 heavy duty car straps, and a nice dirtbike helmet. they left about 16 regular rachet straps, 2 kryptonite cables, 2 cheaper helmets and a box of tools.

i guess they know what they wanted
Old 12-04-2005, 11:13 PM

I hate the guys who break stuff for no reason

Last may some little <insert choice explicitive here> snatched a load of bricks from a construction site, and went on a smashing spree, driving around town hurling bricks from a moving vehicle....They got about a dozen of us that night....Mostly windshields....They were going for my back window and missed low...put a 3" hole in the sheetmetal of my bed I was sick They never got caught

That was the old truck....This new one gets parked WWAAYYY away from everything
Old 12-05-2005, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo
thats an awesome idea man. i like the way you think. this is the second time i've been broken into in 2 years.....

Hmm. I know your pain well. So welcome to the club. In may we bought an 01 2500 4x4 auto w/shell. 29 days later it was stolen and totaled after hauling illeagals for two days. Took the insure two months to pay on that. In Oct my '99 was broken into and the only reason they did not get it is because the were such a low form of they can't even steal well. They destroyed the ignition switch. They did the same thing to another (v-10) dodge the same night. See call LEO about 30 min after I did. The second worked out very well in the end but it is still a major blow to your civility.

Randy
Old 12-05-2005, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by newriverSpecon
in the end but it is still a major blow to your civility.

Randy
it really is a shame that u cant have nice things. everyone's suggestion is dont leave anything of value in your truck...but sometimes thats easier said than done. i hate that i have to be suspicious of everyone and be nervous everywhere. ironically....ive had more problems living out in the country than i have since ive lived in the city. im sure thats the opposite of most people's experience.....but it kind of speaks to the nature of the world now-a-days.