Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Do you make them blow the horn?
Yes
38.64%
No
31.82%
On A Rare Occasion
29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

How Many Of You Still...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Many Of You Still...

I know we have alot of "grown ups" on this site but I know we all still have some of that little kid in us. So I would like to see a show of hands here, who still drives by big rigs and gives them that universal arm signal to blow their horn?

I know I do, I even make my passangers do it. They usualy blow their horn but on occasion the driver just laughs at me then waves.

I believe we even have a couple truck drivers here so lets hear some stories.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:50 AM

I take my 2 year old son for ATV rides around my property and along the south side it runs along Hwy1. He likes to just sit there and watch all the cars and trucks go by, he likes the trucks more and he points at all trucks, he really likes the big rigs(big truckies) The one day the two of us were sitting by the hwy and I got one of the rigs to blow is horn and my son just about flipped he thought that was pretty neat. Well now its just about every day after work sitting by the Hwy trying to get them to blow the horn. One day I want to get him out there at night so he can see them with all of the lights on, I think he well like that.

03Qcab Sbox full gauges
Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by A_Manke
I take my 2 year old son for ATV rides around my property and along the south side it runs along Hwy1. He likes to just sit there and watch all the cars and trucks go by, he likes the trucks more and he points at all trucks, he really likes the big rigs(big truckies) The one day the two of us were sitting by the hwy and I got one of the rigs to blow is horn and my son just about flipped he thought that was pretty neat. Well now its just about every day after work sitting by the Hwy trying to get them to blow the horn. One day I want to get him out there at night so he can see them with all of the lights on, I think he well like that.

03Qcab Sbox full gauges
lol Sounds like quite the kid I can just imagine how he would have reacted when the truck blew the horn

A little while ago one of my friends from england came over. As we were driving along the 401 he(a year younger, 17) was trying to get trucks to blow their horn. Maybe it was the english coming out in him, but he never got one, they would just look and smile
Old 07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm the one blowing the horn now. I love to see the look on a kid's face when I give 'em the toot they asked for.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
I'm the one blowing the horn now. I love to see the look on a kid's face when I give 'em the toot they asked for.

Yep, The kids always get a rip on the cord if they ask for it, when im goin down the road.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by lovinCTD59
Yep, The kids always get a rip on the cord if they ask for it, when im goin down the road.
Hey now, kids can't hog all the fun. I like the horn also.

What rig do you drive, if I see ya on the road i'll make sure to get a honk out of ya.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A week ago I was just driving down to Tennessee, just outside of Indy I had a trucker blow his horn at me. So I obliged and blew out some smoke!

Then he preceded to stalk me for the next 100 miles all the way into Kentucky, every turn I made he was right behind me...and he was getting aggressive...so I decided it was time to lose him.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:47 AM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
This big rig kept catching us and passing then we'd catch and pass him. My wife asked why truckers always look in the car and I explained it too her but she thinks men are crazy. For fun we switched seats and when we caught up to him and passed I flashed him my chest. That guy had a good sense of humor cuz he sure was laughing at that one. We ran into him a while later at a rest stop and he says "You was a lot better lookin this mornin!" That was good times. And yeah, I still do the horn thing.....trainin my kids!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Hey now, kids can't hog all the fun. I like the horn also.

What rig do you drive, if I see ya on the road i'll make sure to get a honk out of ya.
Well Im in the backup truck (Mack) until I get the Sterling back from the body shop. Said it will be done by next thursday. Id like to have the 600 Cat/18 speed/ Air conditioning back ASAP. The 350 HP Mack/10 speed/No AC makes the day feel pretty long.