Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How can you stop them from stealing your truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can you stop them from stealing your truck

Well it happened to me again, my truck was stolen while I was visiting Lakeland Florida. I came out of the Comfort Inn I-4 and 98 on December 28th and it was gone. I later watched some jerks drive it away on the surveillance video it took 3 1/2 minutes after they drove up in an earlier stolen vehicle and pulled the door back slipped in a bar to open the door then pulled out the ignition and drove away like it was theirs. Does anyone know a fool proof way to stop these guy's from driving another dodge truck away?
The police told me that Dodge is one of the easiest to steel so it is a favorite for the thieves.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One word: Ravelco

look it up, and then give Chris (cbrahs) a holler.

Sorry to hear about that, hope this helps...
Old 01-16-2008, 12:53 PM

Bummer getting your truck stolen. Sorry to hear about your loss.

There is something called Revelco that advertises on here. Theirs starts out "you can steal my girl, but you can't steal my truck. Supposed to be the best anti theft unit out there. See if you can find it on there.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

If it were me I would a hidden power switch like the ones the drag racers have to run to the rear of the truck it basically completly shuts it down. I would hide it well somewhere under the truck the only way it could be found is to follow the cables to the switch the only thing that stinks is it would re set every setting in your truck like clock and stuff.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 PM

Here is the link to revelco. http://www.bestautosecurity.com/
Old 01-16-2008, 01:03 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JD Dearden
If it were me I would a hidden power switch like the ones the drag racers have to run to the rear of the truck it basically completly shuts it down. I would hide it well somewhere under the truck the only way it could be found is to follow the cables to the switch the only thing that stinks is it would re set every setting in your truck like clock and stuff.
The same can be done using only the ignition circuit. That way memory items aren't lost.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:06 PM

Invest in lojack with early warning. Costs about $900.00 to install. If your vehicle is stolen you contact the police, fill out a stolen report than the police activate the lojack system. Unlike onstar, lojack uses a radio signal that can be detected by the police. Your vehicle can be anywhere even in a garage. 99% return rate.
www.lojack.com
Old 01-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
The same can be done using only the ignition circuit. That way memory items aren't lost.
oh nice i have thought about doin this because my truck will sit at a trailhead for days or even a 2 weeks long some time
Old 01-16-2008, 01:18 PM

Thanks to all that have replied.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by jamminram
Invest in lojack with early warning. Costs about $900.00 to install. If your vehicle is stolen you contact the police, fill out a stolen report than the police activate the lojack system. Unlike onstar, lojack uses a radio signal that can be detected by the police. Your vehicle can be anywhere even in a garage. 99% return rate.
www.lojack.com
and most insurance companies also give a discount with this...
Old 01-16-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leave your Dobberman tied to the steering wheel.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:20 PM

automatic ejjecter seat or hook it up to 110 volt that might be fun.hmmm maybe others have some more redkneck engineering ideas.or you could go with the lojack
Old 01-16-2008, 03:29 PM

Dodges are the ezest truck to steal. the door handle can be popped off and a hammer and screw driver with one good smack will pop the lock and the door will open right up...

the guy i bougt my toyhauler from had his dodge broken into like this while playing at a show. he put all his guitars in his truck and locked it to go inside and get more stufff. came out and they popped the doors and stole everything....
Old 01-16-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
One word: Ravelco

look it up, and then give Chris (cbrahs) a holler.

Sorry to hear about that, hope this helps...
i dont see how they can say that your car can not be jumped or hot wired... the ignition wires have to terminate into their divice at some point... couldnt they just rip out those wires and get the power back and jump it?

maybe there is something i am missing?

oh i just read on the site, the cables are housed in a steel box to protect the wires...
Old 01-16-2008, 04:11 PM

^^^^^^^and all the wires are the same color-so even if they try to jumper it, it isn't going to do them any good.

Quick Reply: How can you stop them from stealing your truck