Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How can you stop them from stealing your truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
are you at Pendleton? My son just got stationed there.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bansh-eman
i got ahold of Steve at Redline Technical Group, Inc. (thats who makes the Jammers) and i have to say he is AWSOME! he told me to send back the ones i have and he is going to swap them out. Plus he found out that i was active duty and he is going to sell me the ones for the rear for 10 bucks off and he is paying the shipping back to me.

A+++ customer service!!!

so ill be getting all 4. i was thinking of getting the gate lockers too, not sure if i will or not but either way he only was going to charge me 20 bucks for them

get the gate locker too! had one on my dmax dually and it was killer. going to get one fer the dodge soon.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpunkysRam
I use my Smarty software....but NOTHING stops/prevents a flatbed truck!!!
Yep! Thats where i was kinda leading to.

I guess the easy theft method hasn't caught on in other areas. Too often here in AZ they just tow it off and no one looks or thinks twice.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
are you at Pendleton? My son just got stationed there.
no i work in coronado down on a navy base. im an instructor for fire support systems.

Originally Posted by cbrahs
get the gate locker too! had one on my dmax dually and it was killer. going to get one fer the dodge soon.
i wasnt too sure if it was worth it or not.
i may end up getting it later, but iv spent my allowance that i give my self for toys and stuff for this month alread lol and its only the 2nd day

Originally Posted by Timmay2
Yep! Thats where i was kinda leading to.

I guess the easy theft method hasn't caught on in other areas. Too often here in AZ they just tow it off and no one looks or thinks twice.
it doesnt seem that many thiefs have the means to a flat bed to do it like this. its MUCH more likely that they jump it and drive it off. In SanDiego the most common theft is motorcycles, because tey just pick them up and toss it into a van
Old 02-16-2008, 12:02 PM

Here we go again.

Theft's that were done using a variation of a tow vehicle, account for 2% of all thefts nationwide.

If it were 20%, then that would be something to worry about.

But just to compare, another 2% of cars are stolen via a gun to the drivers face.

So why get an anti theft device if someone can just shoot you in the face and take your car.

I can't believe how much I hear people talk about flatbed trucks in this business.

Have any of you ever watched a car get loaded on a flatbed? It isn't quick, nor easy, and far from quiet or stealth.

When a tow vehicle is used, it is usually a 2 wheel lifting rig, like a repo truck.

But like I said, you have the same chance of being carjacked as you do having your vehicle stolen via a tow truck/rig of any type.

Here in AZ, the stats are the same. I have never seen or heard of a vehicle actually being stolen via a tow truck. never.

I have sat down and interviewed thieves... More than a dozen of them. Some of them know a LOT about snatching up vehicles. Never ever ever ever heard any one of them mention a tow truck.

So, while you risk it 2% of the time, what are you doing to protect your vehicle the other 98% of the time?

As far as the bikes in San Diego comment... That is true. It was really bad out here for quite awhile, but has died down slightly since LE finally cracked down on it and started setting out dummy bikes.

I have personally lifted a dozen street bikes into the backs of trucks, just because we didn't have ramps. I used to have a 12" lift on my old F350 and we would constantly load me and my brothers Yamaha's into the back with just me and my buddy. It is MUCH easier than people think.

If you have a street bike and want to keep it yours, keep it inside, always!

One day over a few beers we timed ourselves to see how quickly we could get the bike, WITH locked steering, down the driveway from the garage, and into the bed of the truck.
21 seconds.

Be careful with bikes.