Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

how to break into your pickup

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I accidentally locked my keys in mine once. I wedged a flat piece of sheet metal in and hit the door lock switch. Worked great.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:26 AM

just open my brothers girlfriends s10 this weekend by trying other keys in door not that many . the key for the club for my steering wheel unlocked her door. lots of bad guys walk thru mall parking lots with twenty or so keys just checking to see if they can unlock door with out a hassle.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Andy505
find the cheapest window to replace.
those old 80s pickups were nice for that with those little traingular vent windows ....
Old 05-30-2007, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by hapidonnie
As usual, Im late than never but that is why when I get a vehicle, the first thing I do is get a spare key made an carry it in my wallet, just in case.
I do this too.....but I had taken my wallet out of my pocket and it was sitting on the drivers seat of my truck locked inside with the keys..
Old 05-30-2007, 01:06 AM

I keep my push button in my pocket all the time with the key to my fuel cap And something else ...cant remember 'and the ignition key sep.
that way if I stop for a min somewhere I can hit the button and walk away...come out hit the button
Old 05-30-2007, 07:41 PM

I have managed to get locked out a couple of times..usually due to my kids not paying attention,once was my own stupidity, once the wife said I have a spare key..I ask where it is..."in my purse on the front seat!" But I always unlock my truck. Takes me about 2 mintues, I drove a tow truck for AAA several years back and had to buy my own tools, keep them hidden in the bed tool box. I don't keep too much that is important in the tool box, straps, *** a long, boots, extra jacket, cheap jack and an assortment of cheap China made tools to get the job done. I only lock when I put the good tools in or my guns. The tool that I use to unlock is called a "J" hook, beleive me when I say this but our Dodges are way too easy to unlock, and Ford is too. Now the newer Chevys...they can be done but takes a little more work and a different tool.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by fbx22
those old 80s pickups were nice for that with those little traingular vent windows ....
I had a 1984 and a 1990 F-150 with those vent windows. On the 84 The passnger side button was stuck for the vent latch. I kept a coat hanger in the bed for lockouts. I could poke the hanger in with it bent the right way and catch the latch and rotate it to unlatch the window and open the truck. On my 90, it had a rear slider that had a busted latch so I would climb in through that window if I locked the keys in.

My Dodge I used the stiff wire and wedge trick and hit the door lock switch to get in.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:52 AM

i carry a spare in my wallet as well as one zip tied underneath. ive done it for every vehicle ive owned and its sure paid off. i like the zips instead of bailing wire cuz they never rust, wont losen up, and they blend in MUCH better. just gotta remember to keep a knife handy (which i always have with me)

my old man locked both sets of his keys in his 06 a couple months back. had to use a slim jim but ended up knocking a few things loose in the door that i had to go in and re-connect. hah, i never understood why people keep BOTH sets of their keys on the same keyring. girl at my work did the same thing not long ago...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:10 AM

i break into 2 cars every month. i work maintenance for a large company. i have never had any real problems. if you get a few wedges it makes it way easier to find a place to pop the lock.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 AM

o yea in the lock smiths book it says to go down 14"s just in front of the handle then back till you contact the rods for the door lock.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by gunracer1
o yea in the lock smiths book it says to go down 14"s just in front of the handle then back till you contact the rods for the door lock.
I tried to stick something down in front of the handle, but the weather seal for the window was so tight I couldn't get a clotheshanger down there
Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2 key rings here, one with truck key and one with all other keys, and spare truck key, cause the key FOB batteries die sometimes. Ask me how I know.

Chris
Old 06-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
That's the way I do it, too. The big ring with all my other keys and spare truck keys stays in my pocket, a small key ring with only the truck keys runs the truck.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:41 PM

ditto on the big key ring, small key ring.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:53 AM

I've done this a few times.

One time it was running with my wallet in it at a rest stop in the middle of no where.

If you are not in a rush, I would call AAA. For $60 I think it's well worth it. I did that one of the other times, and they showed up and had my door open within 15 seconds

I ended up breaking my rear slider and it was about $400 to fix. They told me I would have been better off breaking a side window (half as expensive). What I really should have done is be patient and wait for AAA.

I also kept a key zip-tied underneath and HAVE had to use it!!! This is how clumsy I am.

On many newer cars, they make it a lot more difficult to do this. My wife's jetta for example you can't push down the lock button with the driver door open. It is still POSSIBLE but you have to sort of be really confused and in a rush .... Unlock all doors, get out of car, close driver door, open rear door, reach forward and lock all doors, and close rear door. Or get out/open the window, lock the doors and use auto-up.