Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

A Horrible Thing.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 03:46 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Horrible Thing.......

Many of you in the Mid Atlantic/New Enlgand reigon may have already heard this.

Three Boys went missing in Camden, NJ on Wednesday evening. After two days of searching, on friday afternoon the family and neighbors had gathered for a prayer vigil outside of the home of one of the missing children. (this is an short version of this terrible story).
Minutes before the vigil was to begin the father of one of the boys casually walked about 75 feet from his front door step, opened door to an abondoned car, popped the trunk and discovered the bodies of the three children.
What makes this story even more disturbing is that this whole process of the father opening the truck of the car and then proceeding to collapse in shock was caught on camera.
The video put an instant lump in my throat, and made me feel phycially ill for a moment.
The reactions of the families, friends and neighbors played over and over on the Philadelphia stations we get here. Disbelief, horror, overwhelming stress and sadness. I never want to even imagine the pain. There is no consolation. Most of the immediate family needed medical treatment for shock and exhaustion on the scence. The police had a tough time getting everyting secured, ther must have been 3 hundred people jammed in the street.
The car had been searched very early in the investigation, not the trunk though. No foul play is suspected. The deaths were ruled accidential, cause of death suffocation.
Not sure if they are showing the actual moment of discovery anymore, hopefully out of respect for the families. Anyone who has seen it knows what I mean.

Hug your kid(s) next time you see them.
http://www.nbc10.com/news/4651516/detail.html
Old 06-26-2005, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hug your kid(s) next time you see them.

I cannot and do not want to imagine losing one of mine!!!!!

My prayers are with this family!

Rick
Old 06-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Last I saw the coroner has ruled it accidental. They got in the trunk to play/hide and locked themselves in apparently. The oldest boy was 11, but he was retarded. Real bad situation.

I am disgusted with the media for playing the video. Let the people have some privacy. But the TV news people know that footage like that is like a car wreck, everyone will watch. All about the money.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:55 PM
P.J
Banned

No Doubt, the video was almost un-watchable. Part of the way into the second time they ran it my wife walked out of the room.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Respect is not a word found in the medias vocabulary.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restraint is apparently missing these days also.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
P.J
Banned

On Stern today (not that they are a good media source) They were discussing how the family has been bombarded with calls from Lawyers offering representation. The father has talked publicly about how the Police did everything they could for the families and there were no ill feelings. This is another sign of the times (along with the media issues). It's sad that the family cannot even have time to grieve without being disturbed by people who have MONEY, not their best interests in mind.