Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Haunted house and leaf pile wrestling break room II 10-8 to 10-14

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 05:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Awl seams knore
mall hear
Old 10-12-2017, 07:58 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from ..................... Texas. Arrived here on Monday afternoon and it has been non-stop shopping ever since. When we arrived it was quite hot and very humid. Then Tuesday the rain started and cooled things off nicely. I am estimating that we have spent 6 hours in Lowes, 3 hours in Home Depot and 4 hours in Walmart in the last 2 days. We came up with a van and already we know that it is going to be feat of juggling to make everything fit in for our trip back. Crossing the border with a load like this may be fun and costly.

Was in Cracker Barrel for supper, so don't really need more, but what the heck, one more big meal will not add too many more inches. Thanks Lary.

I see Scotty was here with his tortured Canuckish.

Gotta go. Need more stuff from Lowes. They let us have everything tax free which makes a big difference for the orphanage.

L8tr
Old 10-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, thanks Lary - - - ph00 .......................................OK, now I will talk.

Not a fun day today. Went to hospital to meet with the surgeon for Marian's sister and a coordinator for the hospital on care after release for patients. Surgeon was very kind and very candid. Sis will not be going back home - - probably ever. The cancer has eaten behind the lung and filled the space with fluid blocking her breathing. She is extremely weak and very forgetful now. She has rapidly declined in less than two weeks. They are putting in a permanent drain to the space filling so it can be easily drained by an attendant in her care facility. They anticipate the transportation to be Saturday. Going to a very nice rehab center near our home, not so much for rehab, rather care. It is across the street from our church and two other of our members are in there now. This will allow for easy access for friends to go see her when coming to church. Doctor feels it could happen on any day up to 6 months maximum. He anticipates much shorter than the 6 number, but you never know. Family is taking it well realizing the only alternative is a miracle, so they would rather see it come quickly and quietly with no suffering. We will see. So, sad day in our home but wife is taking it well. Her sis is 90, so has lived a good long life and has long ago made her travel plans with God - - she is ready and anxious to meet Him face to face and see her mom and dad who are up there waiting for her. We will miss her but have wonderful memories of her.

Refill and gone.......................
Old 10-13-2017, 06:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Sad to read this stuff BobbyDependable.
your name says it all. Glad you are there and able to do what you do.

i was informed on Wednesday that my father inlaw has lost most of his circulation in his feet. Diabetes
He has had one big toe removed several years ago.
He didn’t tell his wife his feet where splitting open and leaking pinkish fluid. Instead he was throwing his stained white socks in the garbage and wearing black socks to hide the staining. His wife couldn’t figure out where all his socks went.
He sees a plastic surgeon today and probably an orthopedic later as its looking like there will be amputations. Could be both feet. Ultrasound as well.
The dementia and prostate cancer on top of it has made for some difficult times.
The elephant in the room is much bigger now and hopefully the whole family will get on board with a move to a care home. There’s a great deal of denial.

alltird phew for olive ewe

hanyday
Old 10-13-2017, 09:45 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Sad to read this stuff BobbyDependable.
your name says it all. Glad you are there and able to do what you do.

i was informed on Wednesday that my father inlaw has lost most of his circulation in his feet. Diabetes
The elephant in the room is much bigger now and hopefully the whole family will get on board with a move to a care home. There’s a great deal of denial.

alltird phew for olive ewe

hanyday
Thanks for the kind words and now you join me. Tough on the family. I am so glad her siblings are on the same page as my wife - - makes the decisions so much easier. We laid out the first stages of how to proceed with everything yesterday. Still tough to think about her not being right around the corner. She helped raise our kids and grandkids - - they are going to be quite heartbroken. Told our daughter yesterday - - did not know how she would take it after all she has been thru the past year - - did well.

Grabbing a cup of this all tired ph00 to check it out. If I am laid out on the floor in an hour, let Marian know - - she can call in the troops and put me in our "pent house." LOL
Old 10-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry for everyone's troubling issues. A special prayer sent to each individual and their Families.
The Bride and some of her friends went to Pigeon Forge for a few days. I got left at home to "catch up" on things. So far, I think I just made the list longer. Maybe I'll settle for not burning the kitchen when I cooked.......
Old 10-14-2017, 07:10 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from Paradise. Back home to the good weather and out of the south Texas high humidity and heat.

OK first order of the day, make coffee and ph00. What is this sludge in the coffee pot? Did someone use it for - never mind. Fresh, hot coffee and ph00 awaits your drinking pleasure. Somebody else can bring some munchies.

Bob, looks like you just can't catch a break. Maybe not nice to say it, but can only hope that Marian's sister passes quickly and is soon removed from her pain and problems. All of you are in my prayers. Scotty, your situation too.

Finished our buying spree in Texas and did our best to support the sagging American economy. Even bought a kitchen sink to complete the load. We needed a new compound miter saw and bought Lowes best Dewalt model which happened to be on sale. It was a real puzzle figuring out where to put things to balance the load and pack everything into the van. We were worried about the border crossing, but prayer came through once again. It was really unbelievable how things worked out. When we got to the customs place, we received the traditional Mexican green light and just drove through without even stopping. Nobody checked our passports or the load. The director of the orphanage who was driving was very happy because we bought everything at Lowes tax free and now after crossing the border, it is also duty free, so they saved a lot of money.

Off to get my day started.

Adios.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:11 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Stan, Thanks for the coffee.

Fresh baked goodies right out of the oven, I especially like the apple fritters myself

Prayers for all those with friends and family ailing, I hope everyone finds peace.

Good Job Stan, you get the DTR Humanitarian Award for the Month of October!
Old 10-14-2017, 08:28 AM

Thanks Lary, you can mail the plaque to me. Or better still, come and deliver it personally.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:08 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Apple Fritters! Absolutely my Favorite!
I found a little truck stop that makes their own and WOW are they good!

nice work Stanican.

Grand Dad doesn’t understand the fuss over his feet. “They feel fine.”
Oh my they look bad.

I made scrambled eggs and hash brownies lol

How come I get more hungry and laugh the more I eat.
Groovy
Old 10-14-2017, 11:55 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
There use to be a bakery (don't know if it's still there or not) in Chino Valley, AZ that would make pineapple fritters once a week. Took me a while to talk them into it, but once they did it caught on fast. They would sell out every time. There was also a bakery on the north end of Santa Cruse, CA. Every morning at 3AM they would bring out the cinnamon rolls. Cops and druggies from all around would gather there. It was neutral territory and everyone sat down together like family. Don't know if they are still there either. Been a long time ago.