Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hanging out at the Fence-Nov 19th-25th

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shortround
...When Pre Operational Checks are complete. Raise the "MAIN POWER" switch to the "ON" position. You will hear a low pitched whine that will increase in pitch. When the "POWER" meter indicated 40%, release the switch as the pot is now self sustaining.
Good Lord, 2 pages of instructions just to make a pot o' coffee??? I dunno SR, it almost seems like it ain't worth it! It also seems like I might get fried in the process if I ain't careful! I'll give it a shot tho just to say I tried.

Barn cleaning day here, which means we'll move things from one barn to another. Maybe we'll be throwing some stuff away... the boss just ordered a 20 yard roll-off container! In the pre-cleaning walk-thru of one barn, I DID find a nice little horse drawn sleigh. Dragged it out and we're using it for a Christmas decoration! My theory is that if something isn't gonna get thrown away, it's gonna provide at least some degree of usefulness!

OK, I'm gonna try that new fang-dangled coffee machine now. If it doesn't make palatable coffee, maybe we can use it for bio-diesel!

chaikwa.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Barn cleaning day here, which means we'll move things from one barn to another. Maybe we'll be throwing some stuff away... the boss just ordered a 20 yard roll-off container! In the pre-cleaning walk-thru of one barn, I DID find a nice little horse drawn sleigh. Dragged it out and we're using it for a Christmas decoration! My theory is that if something isn't gonna get thrown away, it's gonna provide at least some degree of usefulness!
Put that sucker on e-Bay!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Geico266
Put that sucker on e-Bay!
Believe me, I could make a comfortable living selling some of the stuff I find around here on ebay. Getting the boss to part with any of it is another story.

chaikwa.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey always tastes better the second day !!! Wish I had thought to grab some cranberry sauce for my sammiches !!

Gotta call from the family ... we are the proud family of a Thanksgiving Day batch of barn cats . Before I could say the words "Free to a good home" them little things all had names and wide eyed owners (they even have one reserved for Dad ... his name is Pumpkin).

SR ... that new coffee pot looks like it requires EOSS in order to fire it up !! Did you get the optional plug & play welding stinger that comes with that particular model of coffee pot ??
Jack is gonna need to start a fund drive to increase the power supply to the breakroom now.

Have a great DTR day !!!
PISTOL
Old 11-24-2006, 10:22 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SR THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally got an HONEST COFFEE BREWING SYSTEM in place!.. I think if I was able to teach boots how to operate equip on board, we should be able to teach the maid how to use it( having him make finger paintings of the operational steps might work)..
Also was pleasantly surprised to see I am not the only one who puts a dash of salt in the grounds.... not too many know that trick.

Had a GREAT T-Day, more than enough fantastic food, family, a few friends, and good football( KC made those Denver Jack A---, er, I mean Donkeys look like a team from an all girls catholic school )...

Hope everyone had as good a day as I did..
Gotta do chores today tho, The BOSS's family are all coming here tomorrow for the youngest daughters B-Day. That means cleaning the barn, getting all the leaves out of the yard, cleaning the patio and helping the BOSS with anything she doesn't want to do...

Y'all enjoy the weekend and remember we got PT tomorrow morning at 0500 sharp( work off the extra calories y'all consumed). If I am late, go ahead and start without me, I'll catch up, .....promise.... really....
Old 11-25-2006, 06:41 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Good joe this morning, even from a non broke in pot. From initial startup procedures to self sustaining takes ~ 30 seconds. It appears that it would make a good auxillary steam plant. Only about 600 psi @ 400 degrees. Might be good for 35 - 40 KW tho.(now if I doubled the size would it quadruple the output?)
Cut firewood out of the creek all day. By the time it was over, the 039 was replaced by the 017. Needed a come a long hooked to my boot straps to straighten up. Ended up with 3+ cords and got that much more on the ground.
I'm burning daylight. C YA means more than bye.

smellingliketwostrokedieselwoodsmokeShortround out
Old 11-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by shortround

Good joe this morning, even from a non broke in pot. From initial startup procedures to self sustaining takes ~ 30 seconds. It appears that it would make a good auxillary steam plant.
Ok, get that contraption outta the breakroom... I got a steam burn on my forehead and my eyebrows are GONE just from lookin' into the pot! I don't care how fast it is or what kinda foo-foo juice it produces, it ain't worth compromising my boyish good looks!

Got one of the barns pretty cleaned out yesterday. Filled a 20 yard roll-off dumpster doin' it too. Now on top of everything else I gotta do, I learned I have to replace the oil tank for the training room. Naturally it's full too. Guess I'll be moving 200+ gallons of oil to the diesel tank in 5 gallon buckets.

Awright, the REAL 's done and it won't burn your throat out tryin' to drink it either!

chaikwa.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Awright, the REAL 's done and it won't burn your throat out tryin' to drink it either!
chaikwa.
Holy Smoke, you don't "drink" that stuff - - you chew it. OK, OK, not bad today, Scott. Ya did good. I thought maybe you might have even received a nice shave yesterday from that "other" thingy called a pot.

Wow, heading for 80 today. Coats are off, shorts are back on and maybe even a little nappy poo on the lounge in the patio is called for. Still saying gobble gobble every so often - - takes a while to get over that when you eat too much of that stupid bird. Ya'll have a great Saturday - - it is Saturday, isn't it????

ConfusedBob
Old 11-25-2006, 10:32 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Wow, heading for 80 today. Coats are off, shorts are back on and maybe even a little nappy poo on the lounge in the patio is called for. Still saying gobble gobble every so often - - takes a while to get over that when you eat too much of that stupid bird. Ya'll have a great Saturday - - it is Saturday, isn't it????
Right on Bob, gotta love weather like that. Check out my gallery for this morning's balmy temp, its not quite sun-up yet, and it will probably drop another 2 degrees just before that happy occasion.

Otherwise a beautiful day in the cultural hub of the universe, with highs expected to reach reasonably cold. Coffee will happen shortly, as will food. Have a good saturday people.

Coldenoughtocauseserious"raisinitis"andstillthesho wgoesonpind
Old 11-26-2006, 04:36 AM

well currrently -29c here in cowtown...........but we're gunning for the big -four-OH well maybe sometime this winter, but not yet.

Best of luck with the starting tommorrow gentlemen
Old 11-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Chapter President

Tried stirring the coffee this morning, it ate the stick.
Got 2 horses to ride and a watch band to fix then at noon, I have a 4 hour drive back to school.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:35 AM

Hey boys, new week = new thread.