Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hanging out at the Fence-Nov 19th-25th

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Hanging out at the Fence-Nov 19th-25th

New week.
Trying a new title.
Non-work related this time.

Heading for Shoney's to take wifey to breakfast.
Then shopping at B.J's Club (kinda like Costco) as it's time to refill the (now empty and defrosted) freezer.

Y'all slackers enjoy sleeping in late.
I hid the trash cans from both Top & Shortround.

,.......sausage gravy over chicked fingers........
Old 11-19-2006, 06:38 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 'Morning TOP

ACTUALLY TOO EARLY TO POP A COLD ONE FOR THE FENCE gang...

Chaikwa's coffee ate my ceramic mug......

Fed all the hunters and have some breakfast left overs for any one just sloggin' in....

Hmmmmmm work on the boat outdrives or split wood???

or maybe just sit here a little bit longer with the hot chocolate and snack cake, ahhhhhhhhhh!

Whatever you guys are doin' - make it a good one!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, all. Gettin a little cold front here. Got to finish a 5500 sq ft house paint job today that I've been on for a while, then maybe I'll have enough $ to buy something nice for the truck. Gotta go, smell eggs, bacon, home made grits, and something that smells like coffee, but is really just a patch of asphalt that is warming in the pot for a road repair later...
Have a GREAT Marine Corps week!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:09 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stupid work *grumbles* Coffee is hot today cause i burnt the out of my mouth guess thats what i get for throwin a rock in the pond about lettting get cold last night. Work tell 6 an then iam goin to pass out and wake up monday and start it again. Work decides to tell me I dont get my normal wensday off this week and i have to work wensday and probally thanksgivin AWSOME

reallypissyandtiredcowboyout
Old 11-19-2006, 07:20 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

morning. Im up early. get to make the wonderful trip to Houstun taday.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Chaikwa's coffee ate my ceramic mug......
Musta been a defective mug... MY coffee will usually patch holes, not make them!

Typing s l o w this AM because I been outside talking on the cell phone to some wannabe outlaw frum NY and my hands are cold!

'The Fence'... not a bad name. Next week we should try 'The Breakroom' and see which one gets more traffic. 'Course, nothing will compare to 'Chaikwa's Emporium', but I ain't complainin'!

Finishing up my hitch today and pulling an old horse drawn sleigh down from the barn attic to use as a Christmas lawm ornament. That oughta take up mosta the day!

Have a good Sunday!

chaikwa.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTRonians!

Can't find the donuts....I had them hid in the trash can, (nobody ever go's near those things) but now I can't find the trash cans

Oh well the Janitors coffee is superb this morning, only takes 3 chews to get it down and I am thinking of SunShineBob as I sit here watching the snow flakes fall.

I just might have to nominate the Janitor for the employee of the month parking spot right at the front door of DTR central command. Now if someone could just help me find those donuts.......
Old 11-19-2006, 08:06 AM

Yawn, just got home from work. Tipping a cold one or 3 as antidote to the coffee to keep me awake all night. Looking forward to seeing what Madhat has to say after I returned fire about Hollywood Marines in another thread. Not looking forward to working on wifeys rig today. Oh well, builds charachter right?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I just might have to nominate the Janitor for the employee of the month parking spot right at the front door of DTR central command.
ME? Employee of the month??? I dunno what to say, it even brings a tear to my eye!

See? Brown-nosing, um, I mean, DOING A GOOD JOB has it's rewards!

Hey Lary, the donuts are hidden in the toilet tank. Figured the water would soften them up a tad too.

chaikwa.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:52 AM

So ... did any of you notice the cigarette butts and Q-tips poking out of your nose and ears when you got up this morning ??? I got a little bored waiting for ya'll to wake up and the coffee to thaw ... thought I would have a little fun . I wasn't responsible for the Lindberger Cheese on your upper lips (nice touch Chris ).

Spent all dadgum day surfing the web for jobs and firing out resumes ... now I remember why I always chose to reenlist (what a pain in the derrier !!). Oh well, maybe something will pop soon.

Time to fire up the evening pot of mud ... wouldn't want to go to bed without the jitters .

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-19-2006, 10:01 AM

Moarnin' all.

Just got back in from my trip to South Dakota w/ the little lady. It was my 3rd time going to Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse but never during this time of the year, their was absolutly no one there. Drove a little over 1200 miles and averaged to muster 17.5 mpg hand calculated, im satisfied.

No country breakfast this moarnin, just a big bowl of fruity pebbles.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Oh well the Janitors coffee is superb this morning, only takes 3 chews to get it down and I am thinking of SunShineBob as I sit here watching the snow flakes fall.
Lary, I know you really don't want to hear this, but I just now came in from the patio. It is soooo beautiful out, I put on the bathing suit, made a cup of coffee, grabbed a good book and tanned for about an hour. Wow, the parrots were squawking - - about 35 of them on the wires behind the house, a bald eagle circling overhead, squirrels climbing the cage and begging for peanuts - - can it get any better????

Some great games yesterday - - wow, how close can you come to winning or losing. And, wonders of wonders, the Bucks just made a touchdown - - wonder if they remember what it is like to win a game???? Sure enjoying my new HighDevLCD TV in my office - - just now replacing the one hit by lightning in June.

Have a great day, gang - -

TannedBob
Old 11-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Chapter President

FiverBob that's too perky for this thread. Just got done studying (you could call it that) for a statistics test and Southern engineering my air induction for my truck. Now I just need to get my website updated and going (hopefully I can get it done) and I'll have had a successful day.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Got home this morning at 0630 to find one of the horses standing in the front yard. He looked pretty lonsesome, so I put him back where he belonged.

Found 2 wires down on the elctric fence. Lots of deer tracks, so I guess one got hung up when he ran through it. Finally got things fixed and poppin good.

Big supper of mashed taters, hamburger patties smothered in brown gravy, big bowl of corn, and best of all home made cathead biscuits.

Hope this full belly doesn't make me too sleepy for tonights' shift.

FullasatickEd
Old 11-19-2006, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's see replaced a toilet downstairs...

Figured out a fast way to get rid of the weeds in the garden...

Got a fire in the fireplace, watched a little NASCAR, now watchin' a little football...

Later I'll attempt to wake up in time to go to work.

Quick Reply: Hanging out at the Fence-Nov 19th-25th