Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Hanging out at the Fence-Nov 19th-25th

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 05:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Tuesday AM, one day closer to Turkey day.

Fresh coffee this morning.(not that gotta nuke the last cup left in the pot stuff )

Just waiting for that large job that HAS to be done before the holiday to be "discovered" on someone's desk.

Might be working on Friday, might not......these clowns haven't made up their minds yet.

Geeeeze I just looooove working with the Air Force.....can't ya tell?

Old 11-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Fresh coffee this morning.
What'dya mean, 'this morning'? It's ALWAYS fresh!

Got the shop all de-drafted yesterday. Used 14 tubes of silicone for the seams and holes in the metal walls and 8 tubes of concrete crack sealer for where the walls meet the floor. Now when I turn on the exhaust fan, if an outside door isn't open, the walls suck inward! Just for fun I shut the outside doors then opened the door from the shop into Michael's office while the fan was still runnin'... sucked the papers offa his desk! I think he was LOL. My primary reason for all the sealing was to limit where welding sparks could go and cause a problem. NOW I can weld and grind with a little more sense of security, but it should be easier to heat too.

Gotta go fix an office chair. Someone broke it when they leaned backwards suddenly in an attempt to capture flying paper!

chaikwa.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The coffee is about right to go cover up some missing paint on my bed to prevent rust. (I got the last cup) Long day ahead of me, with getting ready (more than the other days) for a test and try to get things lined out before I leave tomorrow morning for home. Was leaving tonight but there is a big feast at a friends house so I'm going to partake.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Sheeeessshhhh, empty pot AGAIN. Scott - - ya gotta find a bigger pot - - I saw one in that room by your office - - there was a lavvy in there too. Oh well, I really liked that pumpkin spice - - sorta holiday spirit, dontcha think? Come and get it, fresh pumpkin spice coffee with FRESH sprinkled donuts that don't crawl off the table. Yeh, more .

Major cold front hit Florida yesterday. Wow, it was down to 46 last night - - thought I might have to go winterize the fiver. Only going to 66 today, but sunny. Can't find my long johns - - they are in the fiver - - gosh, I am going to freeze all day. No tanning today, no way. Huddle by the fireplace - - hey wait, I don't have a fire place. Huddle by the furnace - - hey wait, I don't have a furnace. Huddle by my baby - - YEH .

Have a gudurn,

IcicleBob (is that how you spell icicle - - never use them down here - - just lots of ice cubes)
Old 11-21-2006, 09:05 AM

Mornin' all,

Cold last night, in the low 30's. Had the truck plugged in. Makes it warmer in the AM. Need a extra ration of Where is it, and a donut too.
Gettin food ready to take up the niece that is doing turkey day. Good eatin' with all the turkey, stuffing and things. yum.

Did get the truck washeed yesterday. It is blue, not mud brown.
3yr odl grandson help, boy that really sped up the job but we had fun, and I did dry off.

Take care and be safe out there.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:48 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geeeeze I just looooove working with the Air Force.....can't ya tell?

I had always been told that "working" and "Air Force " were mutualy exclusive..........

Army side isnt much better... half the folsk around here decided to start the holiday early, a lot of no-shows today, tommorrow should be even better but at least they decided a while back to take Friday off.

isnt bad( dumped the foo-foo stuff, got some GOOD Bosun's coffee in there now.... they dont call us "tars" for nuttin!)

Hope y'all have a good'un....CD
Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
DTR Mom

Crack Sealer??!! Your Coffee???!!

Originally Posted by chaikwa
coffee's fresh....... crack sealer

chaikwa.
Now THOSE terms go together!

Army/Air Force/Navy/Gi-rines?? you guys know what to expect....

My work depends on New York state POLITICIANS.....ewwwww!

Fiver and Granpops- way to go guys! Keep those ya love close by
(yeah- and DRY!!)
As a gal here; i want every one of you fellas to get to duty and EAT
all your pretty gal's cookin' this Thursday! Keep something in your heart for all those that don't have what you have.... say a prayer AT THE TABLE for our boys over there!

It's 30 degrees here, guess i will get some frozen mud projects done...
Old 11-22-2006, 05:33 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
0500 and just peeking in to check on y'all. Sure is dark in the barracks? Everyone must be asleep.

Morning folks. is on and I'm working on cup # 2.
No dirt digging and moving today. Just tree cutting. Smurff (with 2 f's) and youngest will be out early so g-kids will be busy playing instead of getting in the way.
If any of you are bored, come on out. Beer and deer chili is free. Easy to get to. If on I-30 head east or on 40 either direction till you hit I-430, take it, North or South ain't important. Get off at Col. Glenn, go west to Lawson, left on Lawson for 14 miles, left on Congo for 1.5 miles, right at the huge compost pile. Go to end of the drive way while watching for childrens and deer. Listen for the saws.
Trying to sleep in on these days off. Ain't working. Made it till 0600 yesterday and felt like crap. Up at a more normal 0430 this morning.
Time to get dressed and start gathering stuff up.

Shortround out
Old 11-22-2006, 05:41 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks for letting them finish their Beauty sleep SR.
Most of these folks look like they can use all they can get.

Happy Thankgiving Eve.
A few things popping up on radar for the work day.
Most will be placed carefully into the IGNORE pile, one or two might stand a slight chance of at least getting a quick glance, maybe one will actually get accomplished.

Coffee's tasting extra good this morning.
Scraped the crumbs off the counter, added a little Elmer's Glue and made a donut.
A little chewy maybe but soaking in the coffee makes it edible.

Cool weather with wind and rain headed this way.
Y'all stay safe.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:22 AM

Happy Day before T-Day y'all.........

and more please....short night and a long day...
not much moving here, seems most of the office "pukes"( or O.B.'s if you know that term ) took leave today and this place is DEAD!!!...guess I can catch up on my sleep..

Finaly found some hay for the horses, but its $90 a ton vs. the $50 we had been paying Anyone wanna buy a horse or two?(j/k, they're like my kids...)

Hope everyone has too much to eat, too much time with family and friends and all in all a wonderful holiday and weekend. Dont for get our boys away from home and in harms way, they deserve our prayers as we sit for Thanksgiving....
Old 11-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Coffee's tasting extra good this morning.
Scraped the crumbs off the counter, added a little Elmer's Glue and made a donut. A little chewy maybe but soaking in the coffee makes it edible.
NOW you're gettin' the hang of it! How many years has it taken? I've b een setting the coffee maker for 0300 so it has a chance to set-up before you guys get in. That way, it gets to it's proper consistency and keeps complaints to a minimum.

Chris, that hay is getting close in price to what they pay out in New England for it! My best friend out there paid almost 15 bucks a bale last winter and thought it was a good deal! (They were just regular old 60 - 70 lb, 2 string bales!) We're paying 3 a bale here right now. Getting a load sometime in the next week or 2 that should take us thru the winter.

Everyone have a marvelous day!

chaikwa.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Everyone have a marvelous day!
Have a marvelous day?? Still hungover from the "Emporium" days? I thought we were passed the whole limpwristed fufu "emporium" thing.

I'll take another cup if you don't mind.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:46 AM

Chris, that hay is getting close in price to what they pay out in New England for it! My best friend out there paid almost 15 bucks a bale last winter and thought it was a good deal! (They were just regular old 60 - 70 lb, 2 string bales!) We're paying 3 a bale here right now. Getting a load sometime in the next week or 2 that should take us thru the winter.

chaikwa.
Scott, small squares( 65-70 lb) are sellign for $3 here, last year it was $1.75... big rounds( 12-1500lb) were selling for 25-30 last year, 45-60 now. hate to see whats gonna happen next year if the drought continues. I keep hearing that they're shipping them to CO and OK where they can get $75-100 for them right now.
I can find a few thousand small squares of Brome here right now, its large rounds that are scarce and getting scarcer...
Old 11-22-2006, 09:18 AM

Mornin' all,

Working on 2nd small pot of . Fiix biscuits, bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Had to have the dough boy help in the kitchen .No complaints for no grits, that is unusual.
Wife off to work. They are fixing a turkey at work, I'm invited ,Hope I can bring thegrandkids. They have no school today,
Where is the duct tape
Going up to Huntsvill TX to a niece for Tday. Gonna fix a veggi snack tray.
Still cool here in Houston, Lo 40's this AM

Have a good day, and a good Thanksgiving.

Be safe out there.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:59 AM

Maaaaaaaaaaan .... SR, you would have to offer up two of my favorite things .... deer chili and beer !! I'd start thumbin a ride but it would be next Easter before I got there.

The CO decided that "the boys" and the rest of us needed a pre-emptive fat prevention run today in preparation for turkey day .... a 10 mile HILL run . Thank God for unlimited refills of Motrin, my knees are mush !!
I just love to see their expressions when we all get done with the run and everyone is doing their post exercise stretch and I come strolling through with a big ol' fat muffin or a Snickers bar and a Pepsi ... "S'up fellas ??" .

Had an outstanding Thanksgiving Feast today courtesy of the US Army Hash Slingers !!! Them boys sure know how to cook (wish the squid cooks did ). Very well done and lots of satisfied folks rolled out of the chow hall.

I wanna wish you all a great Thanksgiving and hope you and your families enjoy each others company .... count your blessings and be thankful !!

PISTOL

Quick Reply: Hanging out at the Fence-Nov 19th-25th